Softpedia Editor's Review for SpeedBit Video Accelerator
Video Accelerator for web videos without the wait
Written by Giorgiana Arghire on November 30th, 2011
The Internet is an amazing place, full of all kind of information, waiting for users to make their choice. Understandably, this can also translate in delays and minutes, even hours spent waiting for a certain download to complete or a video to load its buffer, so an accelerator is quite useful. When this application is developed especially for videos, a software title comes to mind: SpeedBit Video Accelerator.
This software offers users the chance to enjoy the time they spend online, reducing the wait time streamed videos to load – this way, they can watch the clip without any pauses due to buffer issues.
The application should install without requiring any user input, except the occasional pressing of the Next button. However, it will offer to install additional software that is not needed to ensure full functioning of SpeedBit Video Accelerator so they can be skipped.
The tool runs in the system tray, making all optimizations in the background and accelerating online videos without any user intervention.
SpeedBit Video Accelerator supports more than 100 websites, including YouTube, Dailymotion, Facebook, Vimeo, Metacafe, Veoh, Bebo, CNN and more, therefore users can navigate without worries that the clip they are about to watch will interrupt.
Also, SpeedBit Video Accelerator can operate regardless of the browser one uses for Internet browsing, no matter if it is Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Netscape, Maxthon, AOL or Flock.
Moreover, the application supports several types of accelerations, depending on the user's requirements and on the type of video, be it regular or high quality. Additional types can be unlocked when purchasing a license.
Briefly put, SpeedBit Video Accelerator should be appreciated by those who value their time and do not want to waste it waiting for online videos to load.
SpeedBit Video Accelerator description
Here are some key features of "SpeedBit Video Accelerator":
· Reduces movies freezes and buffering problems!
· Accelerates streaming videos from over 150 video sites including MySpace, Yahoo, Metacafe, DailyMotion, Stage6, 5min, Facebook, Reuters, photobucket, Tudou, Bebo, Break, ESPN, AOL, CNN, Discovery, Veoh and many more!
· Bookmarks videos you've recently accelerated for easy replays!
· Includes cool search feature for finding videos to watch around the web, right from your desktop!
· Browser: Internet Explorer 6 / 7 / 8 beta, Opera, Netscape, Safari, FireFox 2 / 3, Flock, Maxthon, AOL.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New acceleration Algorithm
· "Now Accelerating" message is unchecked by default
Fixes and Improvements:
· iTunes downloads are accelerated properly
· "Proxy mode" settings are always saved
· vimeo.com videos are played and accelerated properly
· YouTube HTML5 videos are accelerated properly in IE browser.
· iTunes store works properly on Windows7 64bit machines.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (SpeedBit toolbar) that the program does not require to fully function