Softpedia Editor's Review for Internet Cyclone
An application designed to boost your internet connections up to 200%.
Written by Bogdan Popa on May 31st, 2012
Having a fast Internet connection is something any computer user dreams about and this is why the applications that promise to increase download and upload speeds are very popular. However, there are physical limits that cannot be surpassed by any software.
Among the programs that are designed to optimize and maximize the capabilities of your connection there's Internet Cyclone. It comes with an interface rather easy to use by all users and with several built-in profiles.
The first thing you should do prior to making any changes is a backup of your registry settings, either from Windows or directly through Internet Cyclone. Then, you can safely select the connection type and start tinkering with its settings.
The application prompts the user to choose between four different optimization methods, three automatic and a custom one. Of course, this last mode requires some computer knowledge, so it's better to try one of the first three and see which one bets fits your needs.
The custom mode enables you to adjust the paramaters for the maximum transmission unit, the TTL, the cache size, the RWIN and the Session Keep Alive function. There are a few additional goodies but, once again, it's highly recommended to use the automatic settings if you don't know exactly what those are all about.
Each optimization requires a system reboot, so chances are that you'll restart the system three times before finding out which settings bring the greatest speed increase. We did the exact same thing during our test and we did get a slight speed boost, but nothing too impressive.
Overall, if you think your Internet connection is not as fast as you want it to be, Internet Cyclone can help you try to spice things up and optimize download and upload speeds as much as possible.
Internet Cyclone description
Here are some key features of "Internet Cyclone":
· Internet Cyclone optimizes your Windows settings automatically or you can customize them.
· You can speed internet connection without changing your Hardware.
· Works with All Browsers.
· It is compatible with all Dial-Up modems and high speed LAN, CABLE, DSL, DSL (PPPoE), T1 or other connections.
· Internet Cyclone will speed up web surfing, online gaming, e-mailing, chat and video conference and it will even speed up downloads.
· 486DX2/66 required, Pentium class or higher recommended
· 16Mb of Memory or Higher
· connection to the Internet
· 2 MB of free disk space
· In the UNREGISTERED version only MTU, MSS, TTL, RWIN and NDI settings will be saved.
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed some minor bugs
· Improved acceleration settings