Softpedia Editor's Review for Fix Registry Errors
Optimize system registry by finding and removing errors and invalid entries
Written by Elena Opris on July 9th, 2012
Fix Registry Errors is a program with a title that pretty much explains its functionality - it allows you to scan your Windows registry and fix any problems which occur.
The interface of the application is plain and simple to navigate through. Once you choose the sections that will be included in the scan (e.g. installed sound files, invalid program shortcuts, startup programs), you can initiate the task by clicking the "Scan Now" button.
Once the analysis is completed, you can check out the section, number of problems and status, along with the total number of problems and affected sections. But you can also view details of each issue. Simply select which items you want to repair and let Fix Registry Errors take care of the rest.
In addition, you can enable Fix Registry Errors to backup all keys before making any modifications, to select all errors after scanning and to automatically run at system startup, restore backups, specify the log file path, and more.
The simple-to-use tool runs on a low-to-moderate amount of system resources, can guide you to a FAQ page online, quickly finishes a scan and clean job, and didn't freeze, crash or pop up errors during our tests. However, we had expected to find more registry sections for the tool to cover. Also, the interface is slightly outdated. We recommend Fix Registry Errors with reservations.
Fix Registry Errors description
Here are some key features of "Fix Registry Errors":
· Fix Registry Errors is the world's most popular registry cleaner
· Repair invalid registry entries that are a common cause of Windows crashes and error messages
· Optimize your system by compacting the wasted space and gaps in the registry
· Improve system performance and stability by removing orphaned references
· Scans your hard drive for invalid and incorrect program shortcuts
· Safely make backups of any registry change made by Registry Mechanic
· PC486DX with 8MB RAM
· 10 MB free HD
· The demo only scans for problems, you have to purchase the software to remove the issues