Softpedia Editor's Review for Little Registry Cleaner
The first registry cleaning tool that is available as open source
Written by Elena Opris on June 2nd, 2012
Little Registry Cleaner is a software that can help you improve the performance level of your system by getting rid of any invalid entries in your Windows registry.
The interface of the program is simplistic and intuitive. Before initiating the scanning process, you can select the registry sections that you want Little Registry Cleaner to analyze.
These areas revolve around ActiveX and COM, applications information, program locations, software settings, startup items, system drivers, shared DLLs, the help file, sound events, history list and Windows fonts.
Once the scanning process is done, you can check out the problem type and location for each entry. Simply select the ones you want to get rid off and enable Little Registry Cleaner to fix the problems.
Furthermore, you can exclude selected items from the deletion process, open an entry in Registry Editor, remove installed programs from your computer, manage applications which automatically run at system startup, restore the registry, change the interface language, and more.
In the "Options" menu you can select the path to backups of deleted registry entries and saved log files, create an exclusion list and run a scheduler.
The tool runs on a low-to-moderate amount of system resources, contains a well-written help file with snapshots and can take a while to complete a scanning job. However, no problems have occurred during our tests. We highly recommend Little Registry Cleaner to all users, regardless of their experience level.
Little Registry Cleaner description
Here are some key features of "Little Registry Cleaner":
· Make your computer more stable and increase performance
· Automatically backups the registry using windows and an internal database
· Translations for 17 different languages
· Portable Edition allows you to run it anywhere
· Manage files that are executed when windows starts
· Uninstall manager removes deleted software
· 10mb free disk space
· 128 MB RAM
· At least 700 Mhz processor
· Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed bug when trying to create scheduled tasks on Windows Task Scheduler 1.0 (Windows 2000, XP and Server 2003)
· Fixed bug that prevented LRC from closing if DeskMetrics was disabled
· No longer displays bug report when trying to contact DeskMetrics with no internet connection
· NsisDeskMetrics plugin no longer requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package to run
· Added check for null string in PrefixRegPath()
· Manually generates GUID for DeskMetrics if an error occured in System.Guid
· Fixed spelling mistake that prevented LRC to load on Lithuanian computers
· No longer displays exception if "cmdLine" passed to ExtractArguments() is null
· Displays error message instead of exception if file is not found when executed with startup manager
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (Babylon Search) that the program does not require to fully function