Softpedia Editor's Review for Registry Booster
Allows you to clean, repair and optimize your system
Written by Giorgiana Arghire on April 25th, 2013
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Registry Booster
If you are in the habit of installing and uninstalling applications on a regular basis, searching for the most suitable tool for your necessities, you probably noticed that your computer’s speed and performance have declined.
This is due to the fact that removing the programs from your PC does not always clean all the traces it left on the hard-drive, and some keys still remain in the registry, which gradually slows down the computer. A dedicated software solution like Registry Booster can help you solve these issues.
First of all, you need to set the app to scan your PC and detect invalid file associations and shortcuts, broken application paths, faulty shared components (such as ActiveX, COM or OLE) or software settings left behind by old apps. You can also save the scan log as HTML and analyze it at a later time.
Before fixing any errors, Registry Booster automatically creates a backup so you can restore it if you are not pleased with the computer performance after the changes are applied.
Furthermore, tech-savvy users can create a so-called ignore list, where they can add registry keys that should be excluded from the initial scan. They can also explore the repair logs of Registry Booster and analyze the modifications the app applied.
Another function of Registry Booster is that it can defragment the registry to improve overall computer performance. You are advised to perform this task on a regular basis, even though the PC might get temporarily unresponsive during the process.
To sum it up, Registry Booster can help you enhance the performance of your computer with very little effort or knowledge on your side. However, if you are pleased with its features and you want to be able to use them on a long term, you need to purchase a license and enjoy its functionality.
Registry Booster description
Here are some key features of "Registry Booster":
· To start a registry scan, go to the Overview tab from the navigation panel and click on the Start scan button. RegistryBooster will conduct a deep scan of your registry, checking for errors and useless entries. Once the scan has finished, the program will shift to the Latest scan results page and display the number of errors found per registry section.
· To start the fix process, click on the Fix errors button at the bottom right of the screen. The program will, as a safety precaution, back up your registry before proceeding to fix errors.
· To defragment your registry, select Registry Scan from the navigation panel and then, from the left-hand side menu, select Registry defrag. To start the defragmentation process, click on the Defrag registry button on the bottom right of the screen.
· Note that the defragmentation process may take a few minutes during which applications running concurrently may slow down. It is important not to quit RegistryBooster during defragmentation as this could damage your registry.
Restoring the registry:
· For maximum safety, RegistryBooster takes a partial backup of your registry, automatically, every time you fix it. This backup can be resorted to if, for any reason, you want to restore a previous version of your registry.
· To restore your registry, choose the Restore tab from the navigation panel. Any registry backups will be listed together with the date and time that they were set. Click on the registry backup you would like resort to and click on the Restore button on the bottom right of the screen. Once the registry has been restored, you will need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
· Intel Pentium 3 500MHz or Equivalent processor
· 256 MB RAM
· 100 MB free hard disk space
· Graphics mode 1024x768 true color (highest 32-bit)
· Internet Explorer 6
· Will allow you to repair up to 15 registry entries
· Can not use defragmentation utility
· The Scheduler is disabled
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Revised EULA