Softpedia Editor's Review for Registry Trash Keys Finder
The main function is to allow the removal of unnecessary keys from the Windows Registry
Written by Elena Opris on April 15th, 2013
Registry Trash Keys Finder is a software that is able to locate the unnecessary registry entries stored on your hard drive, so that you can delete them.
The interface of the program consists of a standard window and navigating through it is a simple job. Once you initiate Registry Trash Keys Finder, a scan is performed automatically.
Here you can view the total number of found, selected, deleted and protected keys. Thus, you can copy or delete the key names, add them to a "protected list" (i.e. whitelist) or open a particular entry in the Registry Editor.
Since backups are automatically created once you have deleted one or multiple entries, you can restore them at any time.
In addition, you can toggle between the 32-bit and 64-bit mode, repeat the main search and search for null-embedded keys.
Plus, you can save the contents of the registry entries, view the whitelist, sort the list according to date, type or name, disable advanced view, search for a key name on Google, as well as configure general options (e.g. interface language, automatic backups, automatic cleaning at Windows startup).
The program uses a low to moderate amount of system resources and includes a comprehensive help file. All in all, Registry Trash Keys Finder is a very effective program for cleaning unwanted entries from your Windows registry and we strongly recommend it to all users.
Registry Trash Keys Finder description
· Minimum of 16MB memory and about 1 MB of free hard disk space
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added an ability to switch between 32-bit and 64-bit modes on the fly, that is without restarting the program
· Fixed: very slow search for NULL keys while working under absolute majority of antiviral software (it appears that they don't like Native API usage)
· Bugfix related to the new versions of Enigma Protector
· Fixed: incomplete support of XP styles in "Program Options" dialog
· Added ZProtect protector keys' search
· Added search for keys of Private exe Protector
· Fixed bug that shows itself during accessing to Registry values without any data
· Important fixes related to the recent versions of the Obsidium protector
· Fixed a bug that sometimes leads to incorrect dimensions of the search result and advanced view windows
· Added ability to delete Alternate Data Streams of exe-files by using DELxx-scripts or command line switch /D
· Added: request for Admin privileges at program start on Windows with UAC set ON
· A few various bugs were fixed