Softpedia Editor's Review for SeriousBit EnhanceMySe7en Pro
An advanced enhancing, optimizing and tweaking tool
Written by Elena Opris on April 9th, 2013
SeriousBit EnhanceMySe7en Pro is an application designed to boost the performance of your computer, by providing you with some essential tools, such as a registry cleaner.
Upon initialization, the tool automatically creates a system restore point, just in case any modifications you make will later damage the system's functionality in any way.
The interface of the program is clean and intuitive, and you can access the "Information", "Tools", Most Used Tweaks", "System", "Optimization" and "Customization" areas.
So, you can check out system information along with details about the processor, mainboard and memory, SPD (Serial Presence Detect), display adapters, sensors and hard drive.
Furthermore, you can terminate services and verify signatures, disable currently running processes, as well as clean the registry (e.g. ActiveX, DLL and COM objects, file types and extensions, shared files, font files).
But you can also backup and restore the registry, clean the disk when it comes to temporary files and folders, invalid start menu entries, Program Files directories and shortcuts, remove entries of applications which automatically run at system startup and defragment the disk.
Furthermore, you can edit system performance (e.g. disable SuperFetch, ReadyBoost and Aero UI service), system security (e.g. disable Registry Editor, Control Panel and Task Manager), network and other tweaks (e.g. disable default admin and disk drives shares, encrypt Pagefile).
Moreover, you can configure system settings (e.g. don't allow firewall exceptions), clean recent items (e.g. temporary folders), modify Control Panel options (e.g. turn on OEM section), hide Control Panel applets (e.g. "Add Hardware"), create a system restore point, access system, file, network and security tools, move or copy system files, optimize the memory cache, and others.
SeriousBit EnhanceMySe7en uses a moderate-to-high amount of system resources, lets you undo all changes and didn't freeze or crash during our tests.
On the other hand, its response time is not very good, there is no help file available and the tool popped up an error every time we accessed "Security" in "Most Used Tweaks". Other than that, SeriousBit EnhanceMySe7en does a pretty good job at letting you customize, cleanup and optimize your system. The free edition of the program packs less features, but it does not require subscription, so you can take a look at EnhanceMySe7en Free as well.
SeriousBit EnhanceMySe7en Pro description
Here are some key features of "SeriousBit EnhanceMySe7en Pro":
· Process Identification - Identify unrecognized software
· Start-Up Management - Disable unnecessary software increasing performance
· Registry Cleaner - Can easily checks your registry and repair incorrectly linked registry entries, automatically remove invalid entries
· Disk Cleaner - Find out which files or folders engross your disk space and shown with chart
· Registry Defragmenter - Rebuilds and re-indexs your registry to reduce application response time and registry access time
· Disk Defragmenter - Reduces the amount of fragmentation in file systems
· Hard Drive Monitor - Gives the current values of various hard disk parameters such as Temperature, Head Flying Height, Spin-Up Time etc.
· System Tools, File, Network and Security Tools
· Security - EnhanceMySe7en has easy to configure security settings for managing the new security features of Windows Vista
· Optimization - Optimize settings for maximum speed and stability
· Customization - customize system desktop, menus, toolbar and notifications settings
· Network - Optimize your Internet connection speed
· 15 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Done performance and stability improvements
| ||Softpedia guarantees that SeriousBit EnhanceMySe7en Pro 3.7.1 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |