Softpedia Editor's Review for Razer Game Booster (formerly Game Booster)
Make your games running at peak performance
Written by Giorgiana Arghire on November 9th, 2011
Computers have stopped a long time ago to be used mainly for web browsing or sending emails, as gaming industry started to bring more and better titles to the table. With such a wide range of games at reach, users might frequently find themselves in the position of testing the limits of their PCs – and Game Booster can make the difference between a great game experience and a poor one.
Even though the installer of Game Booster might scare away some users, due to the third-party offers it includes, the user experience the software provides is worth the trouble since it can start optimizing the computer as soon as the 'Boost' button is pressed.
The application will display a detailed list of the changes it brought to the system, such as the unnecessary services and processes it closed down, deactivating Windows Updates or clearing the clipboard. When users are not satisfied with any of these modifications, they can easily restore them all to the initial state, without affecting the computer in any way.
A very useful feature for gamers is the Diagnose function that will analyze essential areas of the PC and identify the ones that might affect the gaming performance and cause crashes or other issues. The report can be saved and studied carefully at a later time so that any faults can be repaired.
Game Booster can generate a list of tweaks that can be applied to the system settings and Windows registry for optimized gaming, allowing the end-user to enter the Expert mode and review all the modifications or apply additional ones. As implied by the mode name, these options should only be handled by those with sound computer knowledge.
Another way to speed up the game performance is to defragment the folders where the games are located, and this can be achieved by simply dragging and dropping the corresponding directories onto the main window of Game Booster. The result of this operation will be that the games will load much faster and smoother, especially if the outdated drivers are updated as well.
Game Booster might initially seem like an expert-oriented software due to the numerous tweaks and changes it comes with, but each of its functions comes with a brief description that can convince even beginners to reach in their wallets and purchase the software.
Razer Game Booster (formerly Game Booster) description
Here are some key features of "Razer Game Booster (formerly Game Booster)":
Slide to Enter Game Mode:
· Game Booster can easily and fast close background processes and unnecessary Windows services, to speed up you game playing and avoid possible conflicts and incompatibility. Its intuitive interface makes Game Booster the perfect tool for complete computer beginner. With the innovative "Enhanced 3rd parties' services detection" technology, Game Booster can automatically detect and close more unnecessary background services.
Install Latest Drivers:
· PC gamers know how important to install new drivers for modern PC games. Now Game Booster can do the job for you easily and free.
Get Useful Tools:
· Game Booster helps you download or update necessary game tools, like Directs or Steam, to enjoy better gaming experience.
Defragments Game Files:
· With the improved defragment engine, Game Booster can quickly defragment game directories and files, to make your games load and run faster than ever.
Tune Up PC for Game Play:
· Game Booster can tweak your PC for the ultimate system and Internet speed with a single click.
Safe, Secure, and Free:
· Game Booster does not overclock your hardware.
· 1 GHz processor or faster processor
· 512 MB of RAM
· 80 MB of free hard disk space
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Higher FPS and less lags
· Added video recording function when playing 3D games
· Added screenshot capture function when playing 3D games
· Added voice recording function when playing games
· Added more supported languages
· Fixed bugs in the previous version