Softpedia Editor's Review for GameBoost [ DISCOUNT: 20% OFF! ]
Boost your computer and internet speed the easy way, make games run faster
Written by Bogdan Popa on February 20th, 2013
Softpedia in association with PGWARE offers you a special discount: Now, only from Softpedia, you can buy GameBoost with a 20% discount. Take advantage of this opportunity and press the Buy Now button; you'll surely notice, the discount has been activated. No coupons, no codes, no questions, no hassle! Get it now, while it's hot!
GameBoost is a very user friendly and straightforward application supposed to optimize game and Internet settings to squeeze every single bit of performance from your computer.
Although it tries to perform such an important task, it’s pretty easy to use the program as it provides an incredibly simple interface.
The whole optimization process comes down to just three clicks, as GameBoost prompts you to pick the operating system you’re using, the modem type and speed setting.
The operating system can be Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, 2003 or 2008, while the modem type options include cable modem, ISDN, local area network, wireless Internet or satellite modem.
Pressing the “Go” button should let GameBoost do its magic, with the whole process completed in just a few seconds.
The magic we were talking about basically comes down to a quick optimization of file allocation size and buffers, Windows system resources, application priority level, maximum and minimum file cache, windows animation settings and monitor refresh rates.
As we said, the whole process is blazing fast and although there are some other similar apps out there promising to optimize the system and needing more hardware resources for the job, GameBoost remains pretty light all the time.
Still, we haven’t noticed a significant performance boost after using the application, but this may also depend on the current Windows settings.
Overall however, GameBoost is a tool to try, especially because it promises to make your computer a bit faster while browsing the Internet and while playing games. Plus, it can be used by all types of users without any risk.
GameBoost [ DISCOUNT: 20% OFF! ] description
Here are some key features of "GameBoost [ DISCOUNT: 20% OFF! ]":
· Makes direct changes to system registry and system files to enhance memory, screen drawing, animations, refresh rates, cpu threading speeds, internet speed.
· Automatically adjusts settings and changes made based on computer and internet specifications, complete fault tolerance system implemented.
· Proven technology which can double the frames per second rate in games such as id Software's DOOM 3 and similar shooters.
· Deep system analyzer and diagnostic features which attempt to find and repair any potential problems with the computer affecting its performance.
· Advanced software based over-clocking features to enhance memory, cpu priorities and internet connection.
· Easy and intuitive user interface which performs all setting changes immediately
· Microsoft Internet Explorer 4 or higher
· Intel Pentium 90 MHz or higher
· 8 Mb RAM
· 5 Mb hard disk space
· Video adapter and monitor with Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution
· Keyboard and a mouse or some other compatible pointing device
· Fully compatible with 32-BIT and 64-BIT computers
· 28 days trial
· Fastest game setting blocked
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Changed installation id value within installer which would report the wrong information when installing a new version over a previous copy, leading to uninstallation becoming corrupted for some users and being unable to uninstall.