Softpedia Editor's Review for Vista Services Optimizer
Tweak Windows Vista services in an automatic and safe way
Written by Bogdan Popa on November 19th, 2012
Vista Services Optimizer is a software solution that is aimed at both beginners and experienced users, offering them an impressive lineup of tools designed to improve the overall Windows performance.
Vista Services Optimizer has been developed to target the aforementioned types of users with two different approaches.
It has two different modes, namely Automatic TuneUp and Manual TuneUp, with the latter especially targeting experienced users who wish to optimize the operating system in their very own way.
The application also includes an advanced Services Diagnostics tools supposed to identify the way in which you are using the computer, so you are prompted to answer a few questions before doing anything else.
For instance, you're asked whether you are using a scanner or a digital camera, a printer or a Tablet PC, whether you prefer Windows Defender and Windows Firewall as security tools or if you want transparent windows with 3D glass effects.
Based on your answers, Vista Services Optimizer can start optimizing your computer, disabling the services you don't need and thus improving the overall performance of the computer.
The Manual TuneUp mode, on the other hand, comes with its own set of questions concerning system performance, system security, Internet and network, so make sure you have some spare time before jumping into this side of the app.
In addition, Vista Services Optimizer comprises a so-called 'Gaming Mode' that will disable some user-defined services to boost in-game computer performance. Once again, you will have to answer a few questions to determine the way in which you intend to use the PC while in this mode.
The program is fitted with a detailed help manual so beginners can have a look in there if they're not sure that what they're doing is healthy for their machines.
All in all, Vista Services Optimizer is a must-try, especially considering the fact that it could boost computer performance significantly.
Vista Services Optimizer description
Here are some key features of "Vista Services Optimizer":
· Vista Services Optimizer is an easy-to-use free optimization utility that enables you
· to improve your
· Windows Vista performance and security with simple mouse clicks and does not require
· any technical
· Services Diagnostics feature enables you to inspect your Windows Vista performance
· and security
· status according to your current system services configurations and how you are using
· computer. It also provides solutions for certain performance and security problems.
· Vista Services Optimizer can tweak your Windows Vista in an automatic way with a
· single click, by
· stopping and disabling useless and unwanted Windows services according to the way you
· use your
· computer, attached hardware and installed software.
· Vista Services Optimizer includes Manual TuneUp feature that enables you to
· optimize your
· Windows Vista services in an advanced way. You can specify the Windows Service you
· want to
· Optimize, Restore or Query information using easy to understand check box options.
· Services Profiles: (New)
· Vista Services Optimizer includes a new feature called
· Services Profiles that
· enables you to save
· your services optimization options into a file called Windows Services Profile that
· helps you apply
· your different optimization options in seconds.
Smart Rescue Center:
· Vista Services Optimizer is a safe tweaking utility that can optimize Windows Vista
· performance and
· security in a safe way without causing any harm to your system. Smart Rescue Center
· helps you undo
· any changes that Vista Services Optimizer has made to your system.
· Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
· 128 MB of RAM
· 1024 x 768 screen resolution (1440 x 900 recommended)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Vista Services Optimizer is now targeting Microsoft .NET 4.
· Fixed bug with Media Center services in Services Diagnostics.
· Fixed bug with DFSR Replication service in Services Diagnostics and
· Manual TuneUp.
· Fixed bug when previewing a corrupted services profile or snapshot.
· Added Windows Update service to Services Diagnostics and Automatic TuneUp.
· Added Windows Audio services to Services Diagnostics.
· Added Services Diagnostics can highlight services that require attention.
· Added Manual TuneUp can set Windows services to their defaults.
· Added Gaming Mode can perform system memory defragment.
· Added Gaming Mode can optimize more services on Windows 7.
· Added Gaming Mode can optimize Windows scheduled tasks.
· Added Service Manager can install new Windows services.
· Added the option to export reports about services optimization processes.
· Improved Graphical User Interface (GUI).
· Improved startup speed and performance.
· Improved Home Window with sleek look design.
· Improved Autom...
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function