Softpedia Editor's Review for Total Uninstall
Powerful installation monitor, installation analyzer and uninstaller
Written by Bogdan Popa on June 28th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Total Uninstall
The Windows built-in tool aimed at removing installed applications has always been there for you, so you should be pretty familiar with its functions. It often happens, though, to see files or folders left behind, either in Program Files or in the user folder, because the uninstaller didn't manage to clean them all.
That's exactly the kind of issue Total Uninstall tries to tackle. It has in essence the same goal as the tool bundled into Windows namely removing applications you want to get rid of, but it does the whole thing a tad better.
The application displays a list with the installed apps and lets you choose the one you wish to uninstall. Before starting the removal process, Total Uninstall needs to analyze the components of the selected item, so that it can then easily delete all the files it brought on your system.
Truth is, the whole procedure is a bit more complicated and takes much more than the default removal process conducted through the Windows utility, but it's just the way things are when you wan to clean all traces left behind by an app.
The 'Options' enables you to configure in detail the analysis and uninstall profiles, create and edit scanning and comparing profiles and a lot more. The array of tools Total Uninstall comes with includes a system restore function and a feature that enables you to compare system snapshots and view the differences.
Even if the complete removal process takes a lot more time than it would when using the default Windows uninstaller, the thoroughness of Total Uninstall yields far better results. It is really easy to use and the extra options the application comes with add more value to the package.
Total Uninstall description
Here are some key features of "Total Uninstall":
· Accurate analyze existing installations and create a log with installation changes.
· Monitor changes from registry and file system for new installations.
· Uninstall completely and thoroughly analyzed or monitored programs.
· Create a backup for a program and restore the program from backup.
· Organize in groups installed or monitored programs.
· Find the program to uninstall by keyword quickly and easily.
· Summary and detailed information for each installed or monitored program.
· User configurable views of the detected changes.
· It shows a detailed uninstall log.
· Powerful search in detected changes.
· Standalone program agent for notification of running installation programs.
· Export registry changes for install or uninstall.
· Export installed or monitored programs list to file.
· Export to file or print detected changes.
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· General: New Chinese traditional translation
· General: German and Slovak translation updated
· Installed programs: Fix for a crash or invalid results when analyzing a particular msi corrupted installation.
· Installed programs: Improved analysis for missing files, related shortcuts and associated registry entries.
· Cleaner: Improvements in the Cleaner definitions