Softpedia Editor's Review for Uberstaller
An easy-to-use software uninstaller
Written by Elena Opris on May 30th, 2012
Uberstaller is a lightweight software which you can use to remove installed applications from your computer.
If you're using Windows 7, then make sure to run Uberstaller with administrative rights. Otherwise, it will pop up an error that will prevent you from accessing its features.
The interface of the program is clean and pretty intuitive. A list of installed software is automatically displayed upon initialization.
So, you can check out the name, publisher, date, version, size and uninstall string of each program.
Besides uninstalling a program, you can search for its name on Google, view its URL information, access its entry in Registry Editor, remove its registry key and access the install location.
Furthermore, you can use a search function, manage applications which automatically run at system startup, shred files and folders, as well as clear traces when it comes to the Recycle Bin, recent documents, clipboard, Internet Explorer typed URLs, Run history and MS Office 2007 recent documents.
In the "Preferences" area you can disable Uberstaller from automatically checking for updates and from sending files to Recycle Bin, enable turbo mode, show system components and use a built-in uninstaller only, as well as change the interface theme.
The program takes up a moderate amount of system resources, quickly uninstalls an application and didn't freeze, crash or pop up errors during our tests. Its extra features are welcomed. Unfortunately, there is no help file available. Otherwise, we strongly recommend Uberstaller to all users.
Here are some key features of "Uberstaller":
· No-nonsense uninstaller packed with essential features.
· Provides full information about installed packages.
· Contains no spyware, adware, or any other forms of malware
· Ultra fast filtering allows to locate programs quickly.
· Engine is fully optimized to take advantage of .NET Framework.
· Heuristic scanner removes traces of partially uninstalled applications. It's safe - everything will be deleted to the recycle bin.
· Drop-down and context menus for convenient navigation.
· Built-in shredding tool for secure erasing of files and folders
· Configurable layout, visual appearance, and other options
· NET Framework 2.0 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved stability, compatibility, and performance.
· New modules - "Startup Manager" and "Tracks Cleaner".
· Added scanning for running processes before uninstalling.
· Improved File Shredder module.
· Various fixes and enhancements.
· Improved visual appearance, new themes - Vista and SharpPlus.