March 10th, 2010Fixes & Improvements:
· Core: Script emulator crash fix.
· Core: Vbscript emulator crash fix.
March 10th, 2010
· Fixes & Improvements
· AntiRootkit: Fixed possible BSOD during AntiRootkit scan.
· AntiRootkit: New process enumeration added for hidden process scan.
· AntiSpam: AntiSpam configuration changed to enhance the detection.
· AvgSys: Optimization of temporary files stay in filesystem in case of process crash.
· AvgSys: Preventing of NTFS cache server crash.
· Core: Improved update process of scanning engine for less count of necessary computer restarts.
· Core: Improved scanning stability on incomplete files.
· Core: Improved NTFS cache sever functionality for better scanning speed.
· Core: Speed optimization in polymorphic malware detection.
· Core: Speed improvement in static heuristics.
· Core: Added new option to pause caching.
· Core: Fixed possible crash in cache server.
· Core: Enhanced scanning of inf files.
· Core: Improved detection of Swizzor malware family.
· Core: New polymorphic malware detection method has been added.
· Core: Less dangerous category of potentially unwanted programs (PUP2) supported.
· Core: Increased robustness on files with incorrect header.
· Core: Fixed disconnecting external hard disks with enabled cache.
· Firewall: Fixed incorrect reporting of network upload progress and upload fails.
· Firewall: Possible AvgTdi?.sys BSOD during heavy traffic load has been fixed.
· Firewall: Fixed possible BSOD on Windows 7.
· Firewall: Fixed leak preventing proper shutdown of network adapters.
· Firewall: Fixed issue with application being blocked regardless of specified rule.
· Firewall: Fixed connection problems when downloading big files.
· Firewall: The method of mandatory items setting in Firewall has been changed.
· Kernel: By default, scanning of some archive types was switched off in the Whole computer scan, Removable device scan, and scheduled scans.
· Remote Administration: A client is able to delete self-created Firewall profiles before synchronization with Admin Server.
· Resident Shield: Enhanced scanning of files mentioned in 'autorun.inf' files.
· Safe Search: Flyover and/or colored cursor indicators will be added for links appearing in email for Gmail.
· Safe Search: Added Search Shield support for Firefox 3.6.
· Safe Search: Discontinued Search Shield support for Firefox 2.*.
· Safe Search: Fixed issue where additional Google searches after the first are not showing verdict icons.
· Safe Search: VeriSign seals supported in Search-Shield.
· Setup: /NORESTART parameter used within the unistallation process prevents the PC from being restarted.
· Setup: During setup, PC Tools Antivirus is now detected as a conflicting application.
· Setup: Activation of Windows Firewall can be suppressed by setup parameter.
· Setup: Added new sales number explanation dialog.
· Setup: AVG 8 processes are removed from Windows Firewall exception list during AVG 8 to AVG 9 upgrade.
· System Tools: Fixed problem with crash caused by uncaught exception.
· Toolbar: New version of AVG Toolbar implemented.
· User Interface: Fixed shell extension context menu to retain new visual styles in Windows Vista and newer systems.
· User Interface: Added possibility to change scan priority from system tray context menu.
· User Interface: New allowed action called "IDP allowed list access" added into advanced settings.
· User Interface: Mandatory items cannot be changed via the Default button.
· User Interface: Added new scan settings "Report enhanced set of Potentially Unwanted Programs".
· User Interface: Improved progress bar depiction in some update process dialogs.
· User Interface: New license information bar added to component overview to inform about license type/expiration.
· User Interface: Fixed issue with non-responding system tray icon during scan run.
· User Interface: GUI minor fixes.
March 4th, 2010
· Core: Core: Improved polymorphic malware detection methods.
· Firewall: Optimization of CPU use by Firewall Service.
· Setup: Windows Firewall activation can be suppressed by setup parameters.
December 21st, 2009
· Anti-Spam: Changed Anti-Spam configuration for detection enhancement.
· Anti-Spam: Fixed problem with Anti-Spam rules update.
· AvgSys: Fixed problem with removing of registry infection on x64 Windows systems.
· Core: Detection of the next modification of Virut has been added.
· Core: Detection of new modification of SWIZZOR has been added.
· Core: Fixed problem with reporting broken digital signature on correctly signed files.
· Core: Fixed possible crash while verifying digital signatures on big files.
· EMS Exchange: Fixed handling of detections in MS Exchange 2007 plug-ins.
· Firewall: Improved AVG Firewall standalone profile configuration import from version 8.5 to AVG 9.0.
· Firewall: Fixed problem with Firewall reporting a driver communication error when rules for detached USB drives were used.
· Firewall: Fixed problem with Firewall error state after TrustedDB update.
· Kernel: Cookie detection has been disabled by default in computer scan.
· Safe Search: SearchShield support for Firefox 3.6.
· Safe Search: Fixed possible crash of IE8 caused by Safe Search component.
· Safe Search: Improve notification to user when a suspected phishing site is detected.
· User Interface: Fixed freezing in License component when Shift+Tab is used.
· User Interface: Fixed problem with repeated opening of popup dialogs if content is missing.
· User Interface: Improved detection of fullscreen applications and gaming mode while displaying pop-up messages to prevent focus loss.
November 9th, 2009
· Core: Detection of the next modification of Virut has been added.
· Core: Fixed possible false alarm caused by improper parsing of html files.
· Core: Fixed report of broken digital signature on correctly signed files.
· Firewall: Improved AVG Firewall configuration import from version 8.5 to AVG 9.0.
· Firewall: Fixed problem with possible connection hang-ups.
· Firewall: Filtering details in AVG Firewall configuration has human readable names.
· Outlook: Fixed possible crash after clicking on a button in the AntiSpam toolbar.
· Safe Search: Improved blocking of certain types of known malicious web sites.
· Safe Search: Added support for Japanese version of Yahoo!
· Settings Manager: Fixed problem with possible freeze of Settings manager.
· Settings Manager: Fixed problem with downloading installation package through proxy.
· Settings Manager: Fixed problem with parsing cmd line with space characters in Settings manager cmd utility.
· Settings Manager: Added option of saving Resident Shield settings when editing *.pck file even when RS is not active.
· Update: Fixed problem with proxy detection from Opera 10 browser.
April 18th, 2008Improvements :
· Small improvements in installation process.
· Improvements in Resident Shield scanning.
Fixed Bugs :
· Fixed problem with missing help in Rescue Disk Wizard (Windows 98 and ME only).
· Fixed problem with displaying Resident Shield notification windows in some cases.
· Fixed wrong saving of proxy_host value in advanced AntiSpam settings.
· Fixed problem with default Resident Shield extension list settings after installation.
· Fixed problem with cleaning files with read-only attribute.
November 19th, 2007
· New option, to shutdown computer automatically after scan has finished, is now available - accessible from the Test Center application window (during running scan)
· Some improvements in Japanese localization
· Improvements in nonstandard RT-protected files scanning
· Small changes in GUI
· Modifications in English help
· Improvements in update process
· Improved detection of some viruses
· Personal Email Scanner may be disabled correctly under UAC on Windows Vista
· Fixed problem with some windows displaying on Windows Vista
· Fixed bug caused sporadic AVG Control Center crashes