April 4th, 2013
· MS Windows 8 Secure boot is now supported.
· True Image 2013 Update1 by Acronis is officially certified for MS Windows 8.
Improved operation of Nonstop Backup (NSB):
· product now handles unplugging and plugging of USB storage while performing nonstop backup, even if it was unsafely unplugged. Also NSB now conveniently prompts you from the system tray to clean up the disk when it runs out of space on the target storage, and performs automatic defragmentation of the storage whenever NSB session is started.
System tray alerts:
· Users can now be more conveniently notified when an update or upgrade of the product is available and track the Acronis Cloud subscription state.
Software and hardware compatibility:
· improved operation with external USB devices.
New panel notifications and log messages, updated Help and User Guide:
· for your convenience.
· MS Outlook 2013 is now supported.
Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE) 4.0 support:
· Now the latest WinPE version based on the Windows 8 kernel is supported. You can create a bootable WinPE 4.0 disc that contains True Image 2013.
August 27th, 2012
· Windows 8 support - True Image 2013 supports the next version of the operating system released by Microsoft, namely Windows 8. You can safely buy and install Windows 8 without worrying whether you will be able to restore your system if need arises.
· New backup naming rules - The new automatic backup naming is more flexible and convenient. By default, True Image 2013 creates for each backup task a folder with a backup task name and keeps in this folder all related backups. A backup filename always contains a task name, a backup method, a backup number, and a sequential file number (if the backup is split into several files, the suffixes will be v1, v2, etc.). Optionally you may add to the name date, time, etc. by adding the appropriate macros.
· Synchronization with mobile devices - Now you can sync your data not only between your PCs, but with your mobile devices as well. Such devices include phones and tablet PCs with the iOS and Android platforms. Simply go to App Store or Google Play, install the free Acronis app and get access to your data on Acronis Cloud anyplace and anytime.
· Easy sharing of files and folders - Users subscribed to the Acronis Cloud service now can share files and folders with one click. All you need to do is to right-click the desired file or folder and choose Create public link in the shortcut menu. The program creates a public link and places it in the Clipboard. You can share the link with any person. What is more, you can create public links to any file or folder and not only to those which are included in syncs or online backups.
· Great amount of files and folders are distributed to the default location during installation to a custom directory
· True Image is installed to the default directory during update if a previous build was installed to a custom directory
· The program demands activation again and again
· Failed to activate product if PC name contains Russian symbols
· Activation is required after every computer restart, the message is "Too many activation"
· Message "Hardware ID Changed" appears when hardware wasn't changed
· True Image generates multiple connections while backing up to a network share
· Scheduled task cannot run by User Logon, Logoff, Shutdown, if other task with the same scheduler settings already exists
· Single partition selection mode is opened by default when you open Settings of the task created previously, source partitions are lost in the task
· Switching to Single partition selection makes True Image lose the source partition in the task
· TrueImageHomeService.exe hangs on calculating if try to backup corrupted PST file
· BluRay, Backup to BD-R fails with the following error in CD Record - "The device connected to system was not functioning"
· Backup on the restored system fails if the recovery was performed from an intermediate backup in the chain
· "Backup is valid" message is not shown after post-backup validatation
· Archive name contains GUID number after second run of a file backup with "Single version" scheme and "Backup splitting" function
· Selected check box "Shut down the computer after completion" appears with a delay during file backup if the main window was restarted
· Recovering from bootable media failed with error - Failed to read from sector 63 of hard disk 0 (Ext4)
· Previous versions are not shown in Acronis Recovery tab in Windows if backup is located in Acronis Secure Zone
· The second destination partition becomes hidden during recovery operation management
· Message "Acronis True Image cannot detect volume 1" appears while trying to recover a backup under bootable media
· Message "There may not be enough free space on the system partition to boot up you operating system after recovery" should be a warning, not an error
· System partition is restored w/o resizing (sector-by-sector)
· After recovery from image backup duplicated plate with "not backed up yet" state appears
· Disk recovery options saved as default are not saved after reboot
· The "Sector-by-sector" option is missed during recovery in Windows GUI
· Windows backup can't be recovered after Windows 7 Control Panel integration
· Windows path to user account corrupted after recovery from the nonstop backup
· User with standard rights can stop nonstop backup launched under administrator’s account
· Nonstop backup stops after creating folder which is seen in Windows Explorer, but reported as "no longer located in ..." when trying to delete/rename after using glitch in Tagscanner (Code: 0x170810 tag: 0xA61565B622786C2B)
· Please remove Nonstop Backup icon from tray after stopping it
· The Nonstop Backup log file doesn't contain a warning message that the disk is full
· Nonstop backup plate jumps while pausing and starting nonstop backup task
Online Backup & Synchronization:
· Online backup failed with "Failed to prepare data stream. Check whether the source and target partitions exist." after upgrade from True Image2009+SAOB products
· Feed cannot be created. Error "The feed cannot be found" is returned
· Confusing message "The sync is queued. Sync will start automatically after other computers are synchronized" appears in tray on local PC during syncing, when remote PC becomes unavailable.
· Failed to create Bootable Media on DVD-RW. "The device is busy" error occurred
· The UEFI loader boots without any progress bar
· Cannot apply Try&Decide changes from tray with enabled UAC in Win x86 systems
· Loader with Apply\Discard menu appears after PC reboot if you select Apply\Discard from the tray icon
· Upgrade from previous True Image version failed if user starts Try&Decide after beginning of the installation
· Windows loads snapman.sys and tdrpman.sys in Safe mode
· Incorrect error message appears when you try to edit backup settings after renaming a destination shared folder
· Please add to Guide and Help information that we are unable to change the default backup scheme while burning backups to optical discs
· User guide contains the fallacious information
· An error appears when you try to send test message if required fields are not filled - 0x0064022B+0x0000FFF0+0x80070004
· Second unwanted e-mail notification message is delivered if the option "Shut down the computer after the backup is complete" was selected
· E-mail notification settings are not saved
· E-mail notification message contains "atis:///Acronis Secure Zone?" string for each 4Gb of archive, if Acronis Secure Zone was created by default on FAT32 disk
· One of two backup archives disappears after mount and unmount operation
· Failed to activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager on machine with hidden LBA-mapped FAT32 partition at the beginning of the system disk
· Impossible to open Backup and Restore in Control Panel if you remove Windows 7 integration from True Image console
· Cleanup option 'Do not delete the first version of the backup' disappears after first backup execution
· Backups are deleted after mount operation during incremental scheme
· Changing System Cleanup settings resets the cleanup items selection
· Please remove the scroll bar in the cleanup operation status text
· Pre-post commands are not saved in backup options after upgrade to True Image 2013
· Product does not start/hangs if there is a 3TB HDD locked by Windows BitLocker
· Impossible to validate a backup which is not the last one in a chain
· TrueImage.exe crashes at the program startup on a cloned SSD hard drive
· syncagentsrv.exe stays running at 50% CPU
· True Image can't delete old versions of zip archives if deleting version chains is enabled. "The operation is not supported."
· State of the window after the resize is not saved in Tools and Utilities
· There are several items of TrueImage.exe in the processes, 100% of CPU is used if network was disconnected
· Windows 7 hangs on the "operations are in progress" screen while shutting down
· Backup boxes are not properly sorted by the "Date created"
· Drive letter D: is assigned to system reserved partition if you view backup of whole disk in Time Explorer
· The Status item in the tray opens the latest state of the main window instead of the Backup and recovery tab
· True Image doesn't allow to clone a hard drive if used space is a little smaller than the space available on the destination disk (Failed to move the selected data)
· TrueImageTools.exe crashes at the System Cleanup window while expanding system components
· Differential backup versions stored in Acronis Secure Zone are not seen in the Browse for backup window (version chain)
· GUI shows task as a "not backed up yet" if "Single version" scheme and "Backup splitting" option were applied
· Error after deleting differential backup version in chain between full and last differential versions
May 10th, 2012Installation:
· A backup version disappears from a timeline after updating from Acronis True Image Home 2011.
· Acronis Media Add-on cannot be updated. Also, a custom installation during update is not allowed.
· The Activate the product automatically checkbox is shown when a trial key is entered.
· A custom product installation for different users has been added. Now the software detects which users need Acronis True Image Home to be upgraded.
· A product installation to a custom path containing unicode symbols fails.
· The product installation occasionally fails with error 1603 because of Virtual Disk Driver issues.
· After updating Acronis True Image Home, it occasionally crashed after editing and saving a disk backup task created using a previous stable build.
· An Acronis True Image Home serial number is not displayed in the Help - About window if Acronis True Image Home 2012 Plus Pack is installed.
· NAS is not available as a location for reserve copies of backups.
· Cannot save changes for E-mail backup options if scheduling is turned on (for E-mail backup task).
· Editing an E-mail backup name fails.
· An error appears when the user runs an E-mail backup task edited it while Microsoft Outlook is on.
· The Windows Start button disappears after creating a file backup.
· An unused Backup comment option appears in File\Disk recovery options windows.
· The multiple partition selection appears incorrectly in the Edit backup settings.
· Acronis True Image Home crashes while browsing for a backup that contains a deleted folder in one of the slices.
· A NAS icon is missing in the Browse for backup window.
· Acronis True Image Home task hangs for 2 minutes when the user is trying to start a backup task with an unavailable destination location.
· Impossible to validate a backup if it is not the last one in a backup chain. Now the entire backup chain is validated when any of its backups is selected for validation.
· The product deletes an existing backup when starting a new backup task to a reconnected drive and hitting the Retry button.
· A backup archive name is not changed after editing a task.
· Removed the possibility of backing up to an empty USB card reader that resulted in an error.
· The program crashes after closing the Disk Backup window which appears after selecting Back up in the popup menu in My Computer.
· Deleting a backup version in a Nonstop Backup time line fails when the location is full.
· Fails to save an edited backup task to a new shared folder location. An incorrect error message appears ("Failed to open information...").
· The Show MBR menu is active while recovering a GPT disk.
· Logical partition type appears in a drop-down list when specifying the partition properties while restoring an MBR partition to a GPT disk.
· Wrong backup is deleted when user deletes a backup version from Explore and Restore wizard.
· Restore of a Nonstop Backup archive from an external USB storage fails.
· A "Recovering..." operation progress is shown incorrectly while adding a new disk.
· Overwrite file options have been removed from Disk Recovery options because they are not applicable for disk archives.
· Recovering data from an encrypted box fails with the error "Cannot open the encrypted stream" in logs.
· An unnecessary option of excluding files by mask in disk recovery options has been removed.
Online Backup & Synchronization:
· Information about an online backup size is updated only after the program relaunch or uninstallation.
· A network load has been reduced during synchronization.
· Acronis Online Backup: file deletion from the product interface does not produce an operation log.
· Restoring deleted files from the Online Backup sometimes failed if many slices had been created after the deletion.
· Removing Acronis Media Builder via Modify option fails, and Media Builder remains installed.
· Browse for location window in the Backup wizard contains the CD-RW drive twice.
· A warning appears even when correct credentials for NAS are specified.
· A bootable media rebooted after restoring from a nonstop backup storage.
· Activating Try&Decide with a system partition selected as both a protected partition and as a storage for virtual changes resulted in a BSoD (for virtual machines only).
· Try&Decide corrupts some settings (for example, Mozilla Firefox settings) after discarding changes.
· TrueImageService.exe sometimes hangs when shutting down a computer.
· The Acronis SnapAPI module, TIMounter and Try&Decide drivers have been updated.
· Fixed several issues concerning syncagentsrv.exe, TrueImageMonitor.exe, TrueImage.exe, TrueImageHomeService.exe, and ti_managers_proxy.dll crashes, that have been detected through the Windows Error Report system.
· Error handling during the product installation has been improved.
· Sometimes, a "Failed to run now: task is already running" error message appears incorrectly instead of running a task.
· Acronis System Report has been improved. It now includes a list of UEFI variables on UEFI-based operating systems.
· An error message appears when trying to delete an unavailable backup from Acronis True Image Home.
· Now the correct warning appears when an operation is canceled (by user or by timeout).
· A false "No Windows libraries" warning appears in the log of Windows operating systems that do not support Windows libraries.
· Help and User Guide have been updated according to changes in Acronis True Image Home Update 2.
· Certain cards cannot be properly detected through card readers.
· The Notifications tray still appears after disabling notifications in the Windows tray options.
· Notifications about a task failure are not sent through certain SMTP servers.
· A disk layout is not shown when selecting this disk in the Disk Management wizard.
· Acronis True Image Home hangs after deleting all logs from an event log window.
· When WMI works incorrectly, an activation loop: "Hardware ID has been changed" appears after every reboot.
· Opening network folders from file dialogues has been improved: unnecessary authentication windows do not appear.
· Certain USB drives (e.g., Patriot flash drives) are not detected properly under Windows operating systems.
· The Failed to send e-mail notification warning is shown in Log for Add New Disk and Create Acronis Secure Zone operations.
· Default settings of an archive validation have been removed to prevent the operating system from hanging at the "Operation is in progress" stage during shutdown.
· The Operation start delay option does not work if a task is scheduled on an event - system startup.
· A task scheduled to start when a computer is idle instead starts on a computer shutdown or reboot with the message "Operations are in progress".
· An error appears when trying to start Acronis True Image Home 2012 while Scheduler is stopped and there is a scheduled task.
· Now the program can check if a destination path is available while editing a task. If the path is not available, an appropriate warning appears.
· Incorrect Learn more about Acronis Disk Director link in the Partition Properties window.
December 29th, 2011
· 25-symbol serial numbers are not accepted when they are entered into the form opened from the Help menu or by clicking the link in the Main window’s global notifications area.
· Acronis True Image Home 2012 remains trial if you try to activate a full license with an Acronis True Image Home 2012 upgrade serial number and an Acronis True Image Home 2011 standard serial number.
November 17th, 2011
· Acronis True Image Home 2012 doesn't detect hard disk drives after installing it over a previous Acronis True Image Home version
· Acronis True Image Home 2012 may fail to create Acronis Rescue Media with the error "Cannot load required components: ti_boot.so"
· Backup to a Synology NAS fails with the error "Access is denied"
· Hard drives sometimes are not detected under Windows after Acronis True Image Home 2012 installation
· Acronis True Image Home 2012 displays the error message "Error while writing PEM file" when attempting to log into Acronis account
· Data located in the subfolders of a synchronized folder may disappear after synchronizing it with Acronis Online Storage
· Installation fails with rollback and "error CustomAction _USRCUSTACT_MsiCustomActionInstall_VddApi returned actual error code 1603"
· Nothing happens if a user clicks "Connect" for a NAS folder in the Sync creation wizard
· Upgrade from Acronis True Image Home 2011 to Acronis True Image Home 2012 fails with the "Installation has failed. The value can't be found." error message
· A new sync does not appear after clicking Create New Sync
· Backup to a QNAP NAS fails with the "access denied" error message, NAS subfolders can't be browsed
· GUI hangs for 1 minute during program start if a mapped share is unavailable
· The "configure disk backup process" window in multiple partitions selection view should contain 5-6 partitions by default (if there are many partitions in the system)
· An unlettered storage device is always selected as a source when editing the single partition backup settings
· The Online backup created by Acronis True Image Home 2011 isn't listed in the Recover menu of Acronis True Image Home 2012 after upgrade
· The error "Failed to update snapman driver" appears when trying to upgrade Acronis True Image Home 10 (10.0.0.4942) to Acronis True Image Home 2012
· Rollback during upgrade of Acronis True Image Home 2011 to Acronis True Image Home 2012
· The "recover" function cannot browse xlsx\txt\docx files after the files have been edited
· The error "Failed to open (initialize) the computer" may appear during the Clone operation
· Activation works incorrectly after upgrading Acronis True Image Home 2012 from the trial version to the full one
· Acronis True Image Home 2012 is seen as de-activated 30 days after activation
· Acronis True Image Home 2012 fails to restore deep level files by drag and drop
· Acronis True Image Home 2012 creates long backup names after changing a USB storage device, and does not delete previous backup versions
· On an expanded backup plate the "backup is valid" banner is not seen after validation.
October 11th, 2011Changes and New in the product:
· File synchronization — you can synchronize files between different computers and local folders (e.g. a USB device) through a local network or over the Internet;
· NAS support — Acronis True Image Home 2012 now distinguishes NASs as separate devices and suggests them as a location in all browsing operations;
· Nonstop Backup over network — Acronis Nonstop Backup now can be run to network shares, especially to NAS devices;GPT and UEFI support — starting with this release we, support UEFI-based computers. Please note, this doesn't include Apple hardware support. In addition, you do not need to install Plus Pack to work with GPT disks.
· Extended Capacity Disk support — support of large drives (2TB+) on MBR computers.
Changes in scheduler — added two options:
· 1. "startup delay", which allows for the running of tasks on a computer start with delay.
· 2. "retry on failure", which performs several retries to complete a task before it is declared failed;
· Integrated Online Backup — now online backup is integrated into Acronis True Image Home 2012 and such backups are shown among other Acronis backups;
· Improved logs — we added a calendar view and made some improvements to make logs more complete and user-friendly;
· Improved UI — we took into account many customers' complaints.
· A user without Administrator privileges cannot back up his or her e-mail account (ATIHIIOXII-2760).
· Sometimes True Image service hangs on computer shut-down (ATIHIIOXII-2749).
· There's an unnecessary message "Backup validation Task execution failed" on every Windows start (ATIHIIOXII-3566).
· Automatic clean-up based on a backup size doesn't work (ATIHIIOXII-2218).
· "Network connection speed" limit doesn't work (ATIHIIOXII-1021).
· An error message "The specified file doesn't exist" appears when editing a task if the corresponding backup has been deleted (ATIHIIOXII-2889).
July 6th, 2010Acronis True Image Home 2011 that provides the following new functionality:
· New user interface – Redesigned user interface and usability enhancements, based on the results of usability testing, make Acronis True Image Home easier to use than ever before.
· Predefined backup schemes – Acronis True Image Home offers you predefined backup schemes designed for specific user needs - from a disk space-efficient scheme suitable for users with limited backup storage capabilities to a scheme for those users who need higher security for their data and system. The program offers different backup schemes for disk and file type backups. You just select a scheme and the program automatically manages your backups. In addition, you can create a custom backup scheme which will exactly suit your needs.
· Check points - The Acronis Backup Explorer timeline shows Windows and software installation and update dates. Moving your mouse over a check point opens a balloon with information about the update or software. With check points you can check the changes to your system and recover the system to a specific backed up state.
· USB 3.0 support – Acronis True Image Home supports the new USB 3.0 standard. If your motherboard can work with USB 3.0 hard disk drives, you can use the high data transfer speed offered by the new standard to make your backups run much faster.
· Enhanced Acronis Nonstop Backup – Now you can use Acronis Nonstop Backup for protecting both partitions and individual files and folders. Protection of individual folders by Acronis Nonstop Backup usually requires much less storage space. In addition, the current version of Acronis True Image Home allows you to use the Acronis Secure Zone as Nonstop Backup storage. This may be desirable for notebook users with a single hard disk drive.
· Automatic update notification – By default, Acronis True Image Home will automatically inquire about the availability of a program update at every program start. When an update is available, Acronis True Image Home will offer to download and install it. You can also check for availability of updates manually through the Help menu.
· New Backup Explorer – Now you can use the Acronis Backup Explorer's time line for exploring not only Acronis Nonstop Backup and Acronis Online Backup contents, but contents of all other backups as well. In addition, you can start recovery of disks and partitions right from the time line.
· Enhanced scheduler – the completely redesigned scheduler makes scheduling much easier. In addition, it now allows you to wake up the sleeping/hibernating computer to perform a backup. The "At system shutdown" and "At user logoff" options are now available to users of Windows Vista and Windows 7.
September 16th, 2009
· Acronis Nonstop Backup – Near-CDP (Continuous Data Protection) is now available to Acronis True Image Home users. You will be able to revert your documents to previous states in time. This may come in handy when you accidentally deleted an important document or made some corrections that turned out to be wrong and you need to return the document to the state in which it was, for example, two weeks ago. When you need to recover a file, a Windows Explorer-like browser with integrated search makes searching for a file you need to recover very easy. But Acronis Nonstop Backup is much more than a versioning tool. It also provides for recovering your system if you ever need that.
· Online backup – you can make your critically important data much more secure by storing it off-site. Because files are stored on a remote storage, they are protected even if your computer gets stolen or your house burns down. So the risk of data loss as a result of fire, theft, or other natural disasters is practically eliminated. And you can safely recover any corrupted, lost or deleted files on your computer. Integrating Online backup into Acronis True Image Home provides a single solution for all your data backup needs.
· Powerful scheduler - The scheduler became more powerful and flexible. We expanded the set of already existing scheduling options. The new scheduler allows you to specify the date when a scheduled task should run for the first time. While scheduling a monthly task, you can use a month calendar for specifying the date (e.g. 1st day of the month) or dates for running the task (e.g. on 10th, 20th, Last day of the month). If you do not need to run a scheduled task for some time, but intend to use it again in the future, you can disable the task for the time being and then re-enable it when required. So it is not necessary to recreate the task from scratch. You can clone a scheduled task and then introduce some minor changes into the duplicate. This may be useful when creating several similar tasks. In combination with a selected backup method and automatic consolidation rules, the scheduler allows implementing various backup strategies.
· Selective validation – Earlier versions of Acronis True Image Home could validate only a whole backup archive. Sometimes this may be inconvenient. Suppose, you have a full backup archive with a size of 20GB and a longish chain of differential backups having sizes of several gigabytes each and amounting to 100GB. In this case Acronis True Image Home validated the whole 120GB archive and this could take quite a long time. Now the program will validate just a single selected differential backup and the full one.
· Support of dynamic/GPT disks (purchased separately) – operations with dynamic/GPT disks expand the range of hard drive configurations supported by Acronis True Image Home. Dynamic disks offer greater flexibility for volume management and may provide benefits in computers with more than one hard drive. GUID Partition Table (GPT) is a new hard disk partitioning scheme providing advantages over the old MBR partitioning scheme. It was introduced as a part of the Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI) initiative.
· VHD format support – Virtual Hard Disk (VHD) is a file format containing the complete contents and structure representing a hard disk drive. Furthermore, Windows Backup utility included into Windows Vista (except Home editions) and Windows 7 operating systems now uses this format for backing up an image of the system hard drive when users select the "Complete PC Backup" option. Acronis True Image Home can convert vhd files into tib files and vice versa, recover operating system from vhd files, and even boot from vhd images of Windows 7.
· Booting from tib images containing Windows 7 – Users of the Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 7 Ultimate can boot from a tib image containing a backup of their system partition. This will allow testing the bootability of the backed up system without actual recovery. If the operating system boots from the tib file, then it will definitely boot after recovery from that tib file.