New in version 3.05
June 19th, 2010
- Updated Export Frames functionality to support exporting animation frames to Paint Shop Pro 8 for editing.
New in version 3.04 (June 19th, 2010)
- When opening Portable Network Graphics (PNG) containing an alpha channel, the channel content is read as transparency. Previous versions treated a PNG alpha channel as a Paint Shop Pro alpha channel. PNG alpha channels will also display as transparent areas in the browser and Open dialog box thumbnail previews as a result of this change.
- ASCII versions of PPM/PGM/PBM containing unusual white space characters can be read more reliably.
- Resolved issues with reading multi-page or poorly compressed LZW TIFFs.
- Increased the supported width limit on uncompressed TIFFs to 32,768 pixels.
- Fixed several other minor issues with text size, formatting, object placement, bitmap palettes, multi-byte character sets, and single or no pixel lines in metafiles.
- Multiple embedded bitmaps can now be read from a metafile.
- Corrected an issue where some CGM files displayed as a blank image because bad color values for lines, edges, and fills (brushes) displayed in the default background color (white). The program now assigns the default foreground color (black) to this content in accordance with the file format specification.
- Reduced JPEG compression for thumbnails to improve display quality.
- Added support for bitmaps with negative heights and fixed a problem reading OS/2 version 2.x bitmaps.
- The correct icons now appear for the corresponding File menu commands.
New in version 3.02 (June 19th, 2010)
- A duplicate sample animation file (Insert&Apply.mng) has been removed from the program installation.
New in version 3.01 (June 19th, 2010)
- An issue that could cause program instability when attempting to open corrupted FLI and FLC files has been corrected.
- Canceling the Optimization Wizard will no longer return an application error.
- The Help button in the Open dialog box now displays the correct topic.
- A warning message dialog box now appears when attempting to open a MNG file that contains unsupported features. The program currently supports MNG-LC.
New in version 3.0 (June 19th, 2010)
- Integration of the Paint Shop Pro browser into Animation Shop, providing an intuitive manner for you to select image files to include in animations and open in the application.
- An Onionskin Preview mode allows you to preview an overlay of frames before and after the current frame for more precise animation editing and creation.
- A variety of frame and animation modification options have been added, including frame rotation options, a Mover tool, a color replacement command and floating text and image placement.
- New animation preview options, including enhancements to the Optimization Wizard and the ability to preview the current animation in your selected Web browser.
- A new Morph transition, for enhanced fade effects using customizable key points between frames.
- A new toolbar with VCR-style controls that allow you to play, fast-forward and rewind your animation.
- Support for reading MPEG-format video files.
- Enhanced integration between Animation Shop and Paint Shop Pro, including enhanced multiple-layer export and the ability to export all or part of an animation as a tube to be used with Paint Shop Pro.