New in version 10.0.2207 SP 1 Beta
November 6th, 2014
- Missing NG component under certain circumstances
- Fixed a bug in the keyboard driver causing problems with keyboards
- Better compatibility of the WebShield with some https pages (e.g. spotify, waze, etc.)
- SecureDNS - better logic of server selection resulting in performance improvements
- Fixed reported crashes
New in version 10.0.2206 (October 21st, 2014)
- NG is now again installed on all HDDs, limitation only in CPU - minimum 2ghz
- Internal NG stability fixes
- Custom scan can be deleted now
- Karma points lead to correct my.avast page
- and few internal stability improvements
New in version 10.0.2203 RC2 (October 15th, 2014)
- Registration to Windows Security Center
- Fixed UI crash while logging to my.avast
- Resource.pak corrupted - Boottime scan problems
- NG now installed only on machines with SSD disks
- and few internal stability improvements
New in version 10.0.2202 RC1 (October 10th, 2014)
- Added support for none SSE2 machines
- IE plugin - stability
- Changed program name to Avast
- Browser Cleanup - Chrome 38 support
- And some general performance and stability improvements
New in version 10.0.2201 Beta 3 (October 1st, 2014)
- Improved malware detection in DeepScreen running on NG
- IE plugin - fixed problem with continuous opening AOSP settings
- Webshield - performance and stability changes
- Browser Cleanup - fixed missing extenstion list for Chrome 37
- SecureDNS stabilization
- Improved registration to Windows Security Center
- Many general performance and stability improvements
New in version 10.0.2200 Beta 2 (September 20th, 2014)
- AVAST NG:
- A hardware based virtualization solution capable of running each Windows process in standalone safe virtualized environment (VM) and fully integrated to your desktop. Each process is executed in its own instance of VM, which means totally isolated from your other applications. This feature is now powering the Avast DeepScreen, resulting in better detection. The technology will also eventually power the Sandbox and SafeZone components (although it does not now).
- Note: In this beta build, not all detections are 100% operable yet, so I wouldn't recommend using the new DeepScreen for detection testing for now. It will be 100% operable in the next couple of weeks - we will certainly let you know when is the good time to start testing with your malware collections.
- Note 2: Avast NG can be installed only on physical machine, does not work in VM. It requires HW virtualization enabled.
- GrimeFighter Free:
- GrimeFighter will offer free cleaning of junk files and tuning of system settings. These tasks are performed by our Zilch and Torque minions. Other minion functions remain as paid-for features.
New in version 10.0.2021 Beta 1 (August 16th, 2014)
- The UI hasn't changed a lot, but internally we are delivering you a lot of new for this new major version of AVAST:
- HTTPS scanning:
- Now, we are able to detect and decrypt TLS/SSL protected traffic in our Web-content filtering component. We are using our own generated certificates that are added into the Root Certificate store in Windows and also into major browsers. This feature will protect you against viruses coming through HTTPs traffic as well as adding compatibility for SPDY+HTTPS/ HTTP 2.0 traffic. You can tune/disable this feature in the settings section.
- Home Network Security:
- Scan your home network for vulnerabilities (wifi status, connected devices, router settings, factory passwords, etc.). This is quite a new approach as we are trying to discover potential problems not isolated on the particular device only, but in the entire network of devices you use or connect to the Internet from.
- SecureDNS (this feature is active in the paid versions only):
- We are introducing a new provider which guards against unprotected DNS/DNS hijack on a router/client (including unsecured networks, public ones, etc.).
- Smart Scan:
- Integrated all on demand scans into one (Antivirus, Software updates, Home Network, GrimeFighter). One scan, different results and recommendations.
- New Support System:
- Easy contact for paid users to submit a ticket with all info included automatically. Improved knowledge base for free users. Help is completely online and is more up to date.
- General bugfixing:
- This covers a lot of stability & performance changes in all components (but the main focus was traditionally on the network & engine components).
New in version 9.0.2021 R4 (June 27th, 2014)
- We've improved the security of the product - e.g security of our processes (guarded by the self defense component), we handle the conditions for the Guest account better, we are very senstitive for any incorrect inputs from the user with a negative impact on the system's security, or, we tuned the import settings functionality not to allow bypassing any protections
- We've added "resume" support in the setup component, so some of you should notice smoother downloading - depends on a "quality" of your connection (mainly during the program update where the amount of data is quite big)
- We've included a new antispam library (IS/Premier editions) for better accuracy of our anti-spam module
- We've put warnings during the installation process if there could be some obvious problems resulting in not 100% functionality after the installation (missing admin rights, insufficient space on disk, etc.)
- We've added ability to disable promotion popups (in PRO/IS/Premier editions). We strongly believe that our additional products can be valuable for you, but we also respect your will not to be bothered by such offers.
- We've performed a static analysis of our code resulting in many fixes (but don't worry, nothing was critical, just a small tuning
- General bugfixing - this covers a lot of stability & performance changes in all components (but the main focus was traditionally on the network & engine components)
New in version 9.0.2020 R4 RC (June 24th, 2014)
- Fixed a lot of issues:
- Improved stability of the IE AOSP plugin
- Occasional uninstall problems
- Several crashes in various components (setup, browser cleanup, ie plugin, etc.)
- Occasional deadlocks in GUI
- GUI glitches
- Failure in RescueDisk creation
- Improved security of our processes (guarded by the self defense component)
- Secureline tuning (user experience mainly)
- Improved avastCleaner
- Tuned text & graphics