March 1st, 2013New:
· Adaptive Scanning Technology - The New Bitdefender now exclusively integrates an innovative technology that visibly improves speed and performance in a matter of hours by gradually molding to your PC.
· Wallet - Bitdefender now introduces a fully-fledged Wallet, which allows you to quickly access your sensitive credentials, and even automatically fills them to you save time.
· Weekly Security Report - The new Security Report presents your overall security status for the past week, including scans and disinfections, pending issues if any and ways to fix them, as well as feature recommendations and notifications of unused modules.
· Safepay - This year, our secure online banking environment also keeps your sensitive data (required to complete online transactions), closely within reach, in a secure manner, via Bitdefender’s new Wallet feature.
· Full Cloud Antispam - Bitdefender has turned its antispam technology full Cloud, resulting in no impact on performance, even better detection rates, and a very small footprint on disk.
· Parental Control - Our advanced Parental Control have undergone major enhancements such as coverage on all Windows environments, even Windows 8 and Windows RT, full http / https protection, a different Facebook user experience and many new options.
September 10th, 2012
· Added new registry keys under self protection;
· Refresh not performed when changing password from My Bitdefender;
· No alert is displayed for invalid certificates;
· Improve scan flow and messages for ignored files;
· Sandbox does not work in Windows 8;
· Parental Control blocks HP Officejet Pro printer;
· quot;An unexpected error occurred while performing this action" when you to login in My Bitdefender;
· quot;You're all set!Your product has been registered successfully" but the key remains on TRIAL;
· Added systray icon for Laptop mode;
· Create separate folder for backed up files disinfected by the product;
· Generate specific event for disinfected files;
· Limited users can change settings for quarantine rescan;
· When Antispam activation requires reboot, status in main view panel should also mention that;
· Rescue Mode should also detect USB drives;
· Added Game List;
· If user switches to Game Mode, settings for USB scan, CD/DVD scan, mapped network drive scan should switch to disabled;
· Cannot add the same rule for different adapters;
· Anti-Theft PIN bypass in some conditions;
· Integrated Bitdefender Rescue Mode 2012.08;
· Integrated new OnDemand (with QuickScan);
· SSL Scan conflicts with the login page for Google Toolbar;
· Antispam cannot be enabled;
· Parental Control - in IE 8, the devices cannot be selected;
· Search Advisor is not working with Internet Explorer 8;
· Cannot select the quarantined items using the Shift/Ctrl key or mouse selection;
· Bitdefender Rescue Mode - specific name for every operating system;
· Add "remaining time for installation" in installer;
· Option to remove the White List /Black List applications;
· The link from the widget does not work anymore;
· Added all the new Bitdefender files under self protection;
· Wrong message when trying to scan an encrypted partition;
· Invalid Application can be added in Blacklist Application list;
· Add children with the same name in Parental Control;
· Start scan process with proper administrative rights from the beginning;
March 2nd, 2012Fixes + features:
· On access settings don't return to previous settings after a rootkit scan;
· On access - no action is selected during an on demand scan task;
· Settings are not saved / are not available under On Access scanning Settings - > Modify;
· Antivirus scanner has encountered a problem - caused by AVC;
· The following boot-start or system-start driver failed to load: trufos;
· Spam rate is not refreshed after spam is detected;
· Change "Submit suspicious quarantined files for further analysis" text to mention that only suspicious files are sent;
· At every system restart I receive a "desktop.ini" open file;
· Radio streams are blocked in some players;
· Search Adviser should work for Ask and AOL;
· Stockhouse's stockstream is blocked;
· TDAmeritrade Streamer is blocked;
· "Anytime & Anywhere" or other IP camera is blocked;
· Some internal bug fixes;
May 20th, 2011Autopilot:
· Autopilot provides a hassle-free experience by making optimal security-related decisions without input from you. This means no pop-ups, no alerts, nothing to configure.
· The Scan Dispatcher finds and uses time-slices when system resource usage falls below a certain threshold to perform recurring scans of your entire system. This way BitDefender does not interfere with user-initiated actions and does not impact system responsiveness.
· If e-threats, such as rootkits, cannot be removed from within the Windows operating system, the computer is re-booted in Rescue mode a trusted environment which is then used for cleanup and restoration.
· The updated Online Backup monitors your important files and instantly backs them up to a secure remote server whenever a change is detected. BitDefender Total Security comes with 2GB of free storage.
· BitDefender 2012 easily installs with just a few clicks, and in half the time required by the previous version.
Integrated Cloud services:
· The real-time, global interchange of data between BitDefender servers in the cloud and BitDefender 2012 products ensures that emerging e-threats, such as virus outbreaks and major spam waves, are dealt with swiftly.
Social Networking protection:
· BitDefender prevents social-networking specific e-threats by scanning the links you receive from your Facebook and Twitter friends, monitoring your privacy settings, and much more.
· Using Safebox, you can easily synchronize files between your PCs (such as your desktop and laptop). Changes made on one system are automatically applied to the other systems.
· Drag and drop modules to get quick access to the actions you perform most often directly from the main window.
August 17th, 2010Quick Scan:
· The new Quick Scan uses in-the-cloud technology for better detection and improved response time to new and unknown viruses.
· BitDefender 2011 provides safety ratings for search results and warnings about visited websites that may contain spyware or other malware.
· Get instant support and viewing of video tutorials that take you step by step through the actions required to configure BitDefender.
· Detect which applications are slowing down the PC and suggests corrective actions to improve the performance.
· All BitDefender 2011 products enable users with specific needs—like parents and gamers—to create their own dashboard and shortcuts to frequently-used functions.
· BitDefender now includes a series of personalized suggestions, warnings, and safeguards that are relevant to the recent activity performed by the user.
Improved Parental Control:
· Parents have remote access to review children's online activity and change parental control settings.
June 5th, 2010
· New! Redesigned and streamlined installation. You install and configure BitDefender 2011 in one step without having to reboot your PC. It detects viruses before installing BitDefender and cleans your computer to ensure optimal usage from install time.
· New! Search Advisor warns you about unsafe pages displayed in search results by checking each URL against the BitDefender online URL database.
· New! Firewall Troubleshoot Wizard guides users and solves most common problems related to internet, printer or remote office (VPN) connectivity.
· New! Performance Optimizer shows which applications are slowing down the PC and suggests corrective actions. The Optimizer includes memory and CPU usage gauges that show the last 60 minutes activity for each application running on your PC.
· New! The protection level adapts to the processing power of your computer by adjusting settings to match the available memory and CPU type. This allows the user to fully be protected without slowing down the computer.
· New! Basic and intermediate users can customize the dashboard by adding shortcuts to their favorite sections or actions.
· Improved! Smart Schedule provides maximum performance with system load analysis so tasks like on-demand scanning are suspended, to free-up resources for other processes, such as a media player or games.
· Improved! Improved usability with typical (easy) vs custom tune-up options.
· Improved! Select the interface that best matches your security needs and knowledge. Basic, Intermediate, and Expert users can select the interface that best suits their needs. Most sections of the product have been redesigned to support basic and intermediate users.
August 17th, 2009
· More Protection!
· Many of today's stealth viruses are designed to avoid antivirus detection by initially laying dormant only to attack your PC when it is most vulnerable. BitDefender 2010 features a cutting-edge security system, Active Virus Control, which constantly monitors all of the processes on your PC, 24/7, blocking any malicious behavior before it can cause any damage.
· More Speed!
· The abundance of new viruses calls for faster ways to detect them. BitDefender's Optimized Scanning avoids the scanning of files that are known to be safe. The result? BitDefender 2010 scans your PC in half the time needed by previous versions, while using less resources.
· Easier to Use!
· Whether you're a security expert or a novice, with the new BitDefenderUser Profiles you can easily manage your PC's security. The product interface adapts to the chosen profile and provides quick access to the main security functionalities you are most likely to need (Parental Controls for parents, or Gamer Mode for gamers).
· BitDefender 2010 also features three dashboard views – Novice, Intermediate, and Expert - to better accommodate users with different levels of PC knowledge.
· Improved Parental Control
· The Parental Control module features a newly added reporting system allowing parents to view what websites their children visit. Moreover, parents can set specific time intervals in which their children are allowed to access the Internet or use certain applications.
· Improved Intrusion Detection
· BitDefender detects and blocks attempts to change critical system files or registry entries on your PC and warns you about attacks performed by code injection (DLL injection).
· Improved In-Product Technical Support
· You can get answers to the most common product-related questions or contact technical support directly from the product using its easy-to-use self-service module.
June 17th, 2008
· Online Backup: you can back up sensitive data online to keep it safe in case of unfortunate events such as computer theft or hard drive failure. This beta release will include Online Backup for Windows 32b systems, but beta 2 will include this feature in both 32b and 64b installation kits.
· Increased privacy protection through Instant Messaging Encryption: you can make sure that no one eavesdrops on the instant messaging traffic between your PC and another machine on which BitDefender is installed. BitDefender Total Security 2009 supports Yahoo! Messenger 8.1 and Windows Live Messenger 8.5.
· Increased Storage Protection with File Vault: you can securely store personal information or sensitive files on your computer, making them invulnerable to theft or to a security breach.
· More control via home network management: you can manage the security of your home network from a single location. This allows you to remotely configure the BitDefender software from other computers in the network and to schedule and run tasks such as scans, tune-up and update.
· Other Improvements: an improved Gamer mode, a Laptop mode, increased performance with lower resources consumption, enhanced usability, and firewall (IDS and IPv6 support) support.