New in version 184.108.40.206
December 11th, 2013
- Fixed the bug that compacting VHD doesn't work on Windows 7.
New in version 1.3.2 (December 11th, 2013)
- VHD/VHDX supporting. Now you can create, mount or unmount, resize, compact, reset the parent VHD file for VHD/VHDX files.
- Better partition formatting speed, especially for NTFS.
- Allow formatting as FAT32 on a partition larger than 32GB.
- Fixed a bug that cuases wrong total sectors of VHD files.
- When installing GRUB4DOS/WEE MBR, the choice "Install NT6 MBR to the 2nd sector" was checked initially.
New in version 1.3.1 (November 12th, 2013)
- Fixed the bug that when installing Grub4Dos MBR or PBR, the grldr file name has an extra dot, which makes the boot program can not find the grldr file.
- Fixed the bug that when editing Grub4Dos menu, if the menu content is empty, BOOTICE could not save the menu correctly.
- Added a parameter "/edit_bcd" to start BCD editing window from command line. It's possible to launch BCD editing from the right-click menu in the Windows explorer.
- Added a parameter "/edit_g4dmenu" to start Grub4Dos menu editing window from command line. It's possible to launch Grub4Dos menu editing from the right-click menu in the Windows explorer now.
New in version 220.127.116.11 (November 11th, 2013)
- Enhanced BCD edit ability: a "Professional mode" was added to the BCD edit window. With "professional mode", each element of each entry will be listed out and could be edited, new entries and new elements could be created and edited. And, the "Export" and "Import" abilities of BCD are also implemented.
- In the BCD "smart mode" (classical mode), when the value of an element is empty, BOOTICE will delete this element from BCD instead of saving it with empty value in old versions, otherwise this entry will be considered to be an invalid entry by BOOTMGR.
- Added "Install MS NT6 MBR to the 2nd sector" option to both WEE and GRUB4DOS MBR window. The MS NT6 MBR will be installed to the 2nd sector through this option. The corresponding command line parameter for this option is "/copy_nt6mbr".
- Updated grldr.mbr and grldr.pbr of 0.4.6a, the length of the GRLDR filename was lengthed to 11 chars (8.3 format).
- The partition numbering style has changed back to Grub4Dos style. That's to say, the primary partitions have indexs 0,1,2,3, and the logical partitions indexs from 4. The partition index in the command line parameter "/device=m:n" is changed to this manner, too.
- Fixed a bug that causes the "write failed" problem whem perfoming a sector restoring from command line under Windows Vista or later OS (Notes: The sectors in the system partition could not be edited due to the system protection).
New in version 18.104.22.168 (October 1st, 2013)
- Fixed a bug that causes the popup menu could not function in sector edit screen.
New in version 1.2.0 (October 1st, 2013)
- Fixed the "Access denied" bug in sector editing function ( UnderWin7+ the writing may fail because "important sectors" of a file system will be protected by OS);
- Fixed the "Access denied" bug when restoring partition table from a .dpt file;
- The EBR of logical partitions (also called "partition gap" in WinHex) were added to the partitions list menu;
- Added supporting to the "testsigning" parameter in BCD editing function;
- Added supporting to the "bootmenupolicy", which is used to enable or disable the Metro boot manager (blue screen) of Windows 8+;
- Fixed a bug that causes the writting failure of PBRThis bug exists in v1.1.4 and v1.1.5;
- Uses Simsun, PMingLiu, Tahoma as the default font to generate the patterns for non-AscII characters in Grub4Dos menu editor;
- Fixed a bug that causes the hot-key name of Grub4Dos MBR 0.4.6a not saved correctly;
- Displays the hot-key name in the Grub4Dos MBR screen, not the scan code as before;
- According to feedbacks, the registry writing was removed from BOOTICE;
New in version 1.1.5 (September 23rd, 2013)
- Fixed a bug: in the past versions, if you create or modify a VHD boot entry of BCD, the device wouldn't be saved correctly. This bug was solved in v1.1.5;
- UI adjustment. All dialog fonts changed to Microsoft Yahei font if available, otherwise, Tahoma instead;
- The "Set Accessible" button comes back! When managing partitions of a removable disk, if you select a partition other than the first one, the caption of the button "Assign letter" will change to "Set Accessible".
- Save some settings in Windows registry. For example, the last tab in the main window, the last bcd file being edited...
- Other small fixes.
New in version 1.1.4 (September 16th, 2013)
- Fixed the "unknown boot device" bug when deleting a boot entry of some BCD files !
- Added a "Backup BCD" button to backup current BCD as another BCD file.
- After formatting a partition as NTFS, the default access permissions get correct, while old versions (1.06~1.13) handle this incorrectly.
- Added a parameter "/set_id=XX" to modify the partition ID.
- Other optimizations.
New in version 1.1.3 (September 16th, 2013)
- Fixed some typos on English UI. Thank Safety1st for reporting !
- Added a switch in Grub4Dos menu editor for embedding non-ASCII chars patterns or not.
- Fixed the donation links.
New in version 1.1.2 (September 16th, 2013)
- x64 version released;
- Fixed the "RegOpenKeyEx failed" bug when editing BCD;
- Fixed a bug that causes error when editing a BCD WIM boot entry with a non-existing ramdisk option;
- Grub4Dos menu editor font changed back to old style.
New in version 1.1.1 (September 16th, 2013)
- SDI file can be specified for wim boot entry in BCD edit function;
- System language can be selected from a combobox now in BCD function;
- Upgraded syslinux core to v4.07/5.10.
New in version 1.0.10 (August 9th, 2013)
- New feature: Winhex-style template dialog. It's used to view/edit the MBR, GPT header/entries, PBR(FAT16,FAT32,NTFS,EXFAT);
- Fixed a bug that causes the incorrect value of "safe mode" of BCD item;
- Upgraded syslinux to 4.06/5.10, and, the location of LDLINUX.SYS can be specified now;
- FreeDos boot sector was added to PBR function;
- Fixed a bug: after formatting a partition, the disk drive in Windows explorer remains unchanged;
- Added /diskinfo parameter, used to dump disk information. Use /file=xx to specify the output file, or a message box will displayed;
New in version 1.0.6 (July 29th, 2013)
- Added two parameters: /assign_letter, /delete_letter, used to assign or delete drive letter for the specified partitionUse /assign_letter=X to specify a letter or /assign_letter to specifiy the first available letter;
- Support menu edit for the newest GRUB4DOS v0.46a with USB 2.0 driver;
- Fixed a command line bug, which parses the partition number incorrectly;
- Fixed a bug that causes NTFS formatting failed;
- Added a menu in the sector edit screenThis menu will list all partiitons on the disk which brings fast access to the PBR of each partition;
- Added mouse wheel function to navigate sector in sector edit screen;
- Using a custom format dialog to format a partition other than the system format dialog;
- Add 2 parameters: /v045, /v046Used to specify the version when installing grub4dos to MBR or PBR;
- Fixed the "lock failed" bug in WIN7/8, which causes the PBR writing failed.
- Upgraded grub4dos 0.46a to 2013-05-07, including its USB 2.0 driver options;
- Upgraded grub2 to 2.00;
- A progress bar was added to the sector backup / restore screen;
- A progress bar was added to the re-partition / format screen;
- Allow re-partitioning to image files;
- Fixed a bug that changes the last 2 bytes of the 1 sector to 0x55 0xAA when restoring sectors from a file;
- Fixed a command line parameters error in the PBR Grub4Dos function;
- Upgraded Plop boot manager to 5.0.15-Test.
New in version 1.0.5 (July 29th, 2013)
- Fixed a bug that causes incorrect BCD device when using GPT disk;
- New feature: when format a partition as FAT16/FAT32/ExFat file system, the reserved sectors can be customized now;
- When re-partitioning a disk into multi-partitions, both MBR and GPT scheme are supported now;
- BOOTICE supports partition internal structure optimization now. So, the reserved sectors, FAT table, and other structures of FAT16/FAT32/ExFat can be 4K-aligned, which brings performance increcement on SSD or 4K-sector hard disks.
New in version 1.0.4 (July 29th, 2013)
- Fixed a bug, which caused the BCD device became BOOT/LOCATE even the first partition was selected.
New in version 1.0.3 (February 11th, 2013)
- upgrade SYSLINUX to 5.01 and 4.06 version reserved;
- behavior of GRUB4DOS 0.46A upgrade to 2013-02-02, amendment can not find grldr bug;
- the behavior of GRUB4DOS menu editing window to increase the toolbar;
- to increase / nodriveletters parameters, startup does not detect any drive letter;
- other minor improvements not listed, this is Hesuiban it Oh
New in version 1.0.2 (February 11th, 2013)
- support 4K large sector disk;
- the virtual disk file support VHDX formats;
- FAT32 partition modified WIN9X bootloader when error;
- amendments to assign a drive letter may be invalid.
New in version 1.0.1 (February 11th, 2013)
- MBR the bootloader adjusted now supports of Wee, behavior of GRUB4DOS, GRUB 2 1JF9z, 1JF9k the USB-HDD + USB-ZIP + NT52, NT60 several types;
- PBR boot program, update SYSLINUX to 4.06 This version supports the NTFS partition;
- the behavior of GRUB4DOS menu editor, support for the new version of GRLDR. supports LZMA compression support built-in fonts, save automatically embedded font;
- the new and improved sector editing functions, not only can the hexadecimal made way to view, edit and fill;
- the image file support for IMG / VHD / VMDK three formats, support for image file sector editing functions;
- to improve the function of editing of the BCD;
- support for virtual disk the operation, at the end of the disk selection list will be listed virtual disk system, such as RamDisk InsPro Disk ImDisk such as virtual disk;
- perfect partition and formatting operation.