New in version 184.108.40.206
December 11th, 2013
- Fixed the bug that compacting VHD doesn't work on Windows 7.
New in version 1.3.2 (December 11th, 2013)
- VHD/VHDX supporting. Now you can create, mount or unmount, resize, compact, reset the parent VHD file for VHD/VHDX files.
- Better partition formatting speed, especially for NTFS.
- Allow formatting as FAT32 on a partition larger than 32GB.
- Fixed a bug that cuases wrong total sectors of VHD files.
- When installing GRUB4DOS/WEE MBR, the choice "Install NT6 MBR to the 2nd sector" was checked initially.
New in version 1.3.1 (November 12th, 2013)
- Fixed the bug that when installing Grub4Dos MBR or PBR, the grldr file name has an extra dot, which makes the boot program can not find the grldr file.
- Fixed the bug that when editing Grub4Dos menu, if the menu content is empty, BOOTICE could not save the menu correctly.
- Added a parameter "/edit_bcd" to start BCD editing window from command line. It's possible to launch BCD editing from the right-click menu in the Windows explorer.
- Added a parameter "/edit_g4dmenu" to start Grub4Dos menu editing window from command line. It's possible to launch Grub4Dos menu editing from the right-click menu in the Windows explorer now.
New in version 220.127.116.11 (November 11th, 2013)
- Enhanced BCD edit ability: a "Professional mode" was added to the BCD edit window. With "professional mode", each element of each entry will be listed out and could be edited, new entries and new elements could be created and edited. And, the "Export" and "Import" abilities of BCD are also implemented.
- In the BCD "smart mode" (classical mode), when the value of an element is empty, BOOTICE will delete this element from BCD instead of saving it with empty value in old versions, otherwise this entry will be considered to be an invalid entry by BOOTMGR.
- Added "Install MS NT6 MBR to the 2nd sector" option to both WEE and GRUB4DOS MBR window. The MS NT6 MBR will be installed to the 2nd sector through this option. The corresponding command line parameter for this option is "/copy_nt6mbr".
- Updated grldr.mbr and grldr.pbr of 0.4.6a, the length of the GRLDR filename was lengthed to 11 chars (8.3 format).
- The partition numbering style has changed back to Grub4Dos style. That's to say, the primary partitions have indexs 0,1,2,3, and the logical partitions indexs from 4. The partition index in the command line parameter "/device=m:n" is changed to this manner, too.
- Fixed a bug that causes the "write failed" problem whem perfoming a sector restoring from command line under Windows Vista or later OS (Notes: The sectors in the system partition could not be edited due to the system protection).
New in version 18.104.22.168 (October 1st, 2013)
- Fixed a bug that causes the popup menu could not function in sector edit screen.
New in version 1.2.0 (October 1st, 2013)
- Fixed the "Access denied" bug in sector editing function ( UnderWin7+ the writing may fail because "important sectors" of a file system will be protected by OS);
- Fixed the "Access denied" bug when restoring partition table from a .dpt file;
- The EBR of logical partitions (also called "partition gap" in WinHex) were added to the partitions list menu;
- Added supporting to the "testsigning" parameter in BCD editing function;
- Added supporting to the "bootmenupolicy", which is used to enable or disable the Metro boot manager (blue screen) of Windows 8+;
- Fixed a bug that causes the writting failure of PBRThis bug exists in v1.1.4 and v1.1.5;
- Uses Simsun, PMingLiu, Tahoma as the default font to generate the patterns for non-AscII characters in Grub4Dos menu editor;
- Fixed a bug that causes the hot-key name of Grub4Dos MBR 0.4.6a not saved correctly;
- Displays the hot-key name in the Grub4Dos MBR screen, not the scan code as before;
- According to feedbacks, the registry writing was removed from BOOTICE;
New in version 1.1.5 (September 23rd, 2013)
- Fixed a bug: in the past versions, if you create or modify a VHD boot entry of BCD, the device wouldn't be saved correctly. This bug was solved in v1.1.5;
- UI adjustment. All dialog fonts changed to Microsoft Yahei font if available, otherwise, Tahoma instead;
- The "Set Accessible" button comes back! When managing partitions of a removable disk, if you select a partition other than the first one, the caption of the button "Assign letter" will change to "Set Accessible".
- Save some settings in Windows registry. For example, the last tab in the main window, the last bcd file being edited...
- Other small fixes.
New in version 1.1.4 (September 16th, 2013)
- Fixed the "unknown boot device" bug when deleting a boot entry of some BCD files !
- Added a "Backup BCD" button to backup current BCD as another BCD file.
- After formatting a partition as NTFS, the default access permissions get correct, while old versions (1.06~1.13) handle this incorrectly.
- Added a parameter "/set_id=XX" to modify the partition ID.
- Other optimizations.
New in version 1.1.3 (September 16th, 2013)
- Fixed some typos on English UI. Thank Safety1st for reporting !
- Added a switch in Grub4Dos menu editor for embedding non-ASCII chars patterns or not.
- Fixed the donation links.