New in version 2.6a
September 24th, 2014
- Max. Symbol Rate limit is now higher
- Now DD doesnt cache EPG while recording, to prevent record problems & some crashes
- Bug fixes
New in version 2.6 (June 1st, 2014)
- Ultra HD (UHD) / 4K / HEVC / H265 channels are supported now
- Several bug fixes
- Added support for new TBS cards 6221 dvbc, 6285 dvbc, 5810 isdb-t, 5820 isdb-t, 6983 dvb-s2
- Added UHD/4K channel list filter option (to easily find/see UHD channels after a scan. Just press CTRL+L keys for filter options)
- Most of HEVC/H.265 codecs are not mature enough, since this is a new format. LAV & Cyberlink codecs seem to work fine on DVB Dream if you have a robust CPU/GPU power. (Try to enable LAV filter hardware acceleration)
New in version 2.5a (March 15th, 2014)
- PLS codes and sub stream IDs can be stored in INI files now, please check readme.txt in transponders folder (added known 13e , 5w and 45e values)
- TS Record can now record NIT, SDT/BAT, RST, TDT/TOT (need to enable in record options)
- Added "Arrange in mosaic" feature in PIP menu (click on the PIP button at the bottom of DVB Dream window, then "click on Open All", then "click on Arrange in mosaic -> Small" in the PIP button's menu)
- Fixed bug with TBS cards which cause crash while closing app.
New in version 2.5 (December 28th, 2013)
- Some channel scan bugs fixed
- Fixed the problem with DVB-S2 channels not tuning on TBS cards
- Fixed a freezing problem with deleting channels (affected Windows 8 users mostly)
- Fixed EPGParser bug which causes freezings time to time(i.e. on Eutelsat 9A, 12034 V)
- TBS remote control fix
- Bug fixes for several TBS DVB-S2 models
- Supports new TBS cards
- Estonian language have been added
- New theme: Yusuke Kamiyamane & Redeemer
- If you use Windows 8 or if you have no video or video problems on Windows 7/XP, then please make sure you install codecs since Windows 8 doesn't include required codecs. You can find most of codecs by a simple google sarch, search and download "dvbdream codecs" on google or just click here. After installing new codecs, you should restart DVB Dream and select them (Main Menu->Options->Video or simply press CTRL+G). Some of the codecs will work better than others, depending on your system configuration
New in version 2.4b (July 1st, 2013)
- Fix for a minor streaming bug
- MIS substreams are listed automatically in manual scan dialog (tested on TBS 6925)
- To test MIS in Europe, 13E Hotbird 11432 V 27500 is recommended, transponder seems to have PLS root code 8 with sub stream IDs 1 and 2
New in version 2.4a (June 20th, 2013)
- Fixed DVB-T/C problem
- Fix for eurekalog problem
- Added option to "Disable/Ignore des.dll error" , in preferences, general tab
New in version 2.4 (June 17th, 2013)
- Support for new modulation technologies, MIS with VCM/ACM , PLP and PLS (works only on TBS devices for now)
- E-AC3 support (This fixes no audio problem for some channels, tested with DVB-T France streams)
- An important HD record problem fixed
- New preferences option "Prevent Monitor Power Off (Override Windows power options)"
- Added experimental support for MadVR (a 3rd party video renderer claiming higher video quality) (MadVR info/download)
- Now possible to stream all channels / whole TS of a tranponder onto local network
- Streaming was not working on some channels (when PCR is different than Video) fixed!
- One-channel streaming provides all audio pids now
- Attempting to run the DD again now brings it to front instead of displaying a warning
- Option to collect EPG for other satellites too. (in Options->Preferences->EPG (TV Guide) Only recommended for North American users
- Fixed the problem with EPG Cache optimization setting "Within X hours", now default EPG filter option will cache/display EPG events that are "within 5 hours", You can change this behaviour in Options->Preferences->EPG (TV Guide).
- Option to start VLC from current record in renderless (in Tools menu, waits for 15 secs to have enough data. This option is meant to be used an alternative to timeshift, make sure you increased max file size in record options)
- Channel list file format changed. DD takes a backup of old CHL and upgrades it to new format itself. New format won't be backward compatible
- E-AC3 has been tested using LAV and MPC audio decoder. (MPC Standalone Filters, LAV Filters)
- You can stream all channels from the same frequency. Just set UDP TS Client IP address to the client PC's address, then check "Active" and "Send all channels". DD might need a restart after this. Now you can start VLC on client PC and VLC's Main menu->Media->Open Network Stream, type this as URL "udp://@:1234", click on "Play". You can switch between channels using Main Menu->Playback->Program. DD will stream channels as decoded as a whole TS. Make sure you disable streaming when you don't use, otherwise it can cause problems while watching TV.
- SIMOSD module has been removed, since it directly accesses to channel list file, it needs update from its author.
- Use EPG cache optimization if you have video problems because of EPG cache / high EPG data rate (especially in North America)
New in version 2.2b (October 11th, 2012)
- EPG Plus improvements (Tv window, channel logos, right click translate / search in IMDB/Google menu options, remote control support and possible to move between events by keyboard arrow keys.).
- Timeshift should work a lot better now
- New EPGNumbers module (by X05) will automatically assign channel numbers in the same order as provider's STB / EPG, for most of the European providers. You just need to select which provider you use in module options.
- Audio Left/Right channel selection (panning) on channel properties now works (to be used when audio channels have different languages or comments/narrative)
- New option "Display only selected satellite in remote tab" in prefences/ch.list
- "Assign SIDs to ChNo" Tools menu and scan dialog option. (Useful for North American users, you could just use the remote tab in STB order)
- New record file naming options. ($5=ChNo $6=SID $7=SatPos) Possible to include channel numbers in recordings now (It is so as default, if you assign channel numbers in remote tab)
- DVB Dream will scan faster when network search is NOT enabled.
- Bug fixes:
- EPGPlus is now default and EPG cache is enabled by default. So you can disable if you don't use EPG at all. Legacy EPG can be found in Tools/Misc menu as well.
- TBSCI module is now disabled by default, you need to enable it if you use CAM on TBS devices
- You can get a free DVB Dream licence !, if you can help us preparing a package of logo files for EPGPlus module (complete logo files for a satellite), check the related post in DD forum for details.
- You can also get a free DD licence if you can add device support for the (yet) unsupported cards (We will provide sample source code if you can write a simple BDA extension to support diseqc & remote control etc on BDA drivers)
- You can download EPG+ Channel logos for United Kingdom here:
- 28.2 East and DVB-T UK (Extract files to dvbdream\modules folder)
New in version 2.2a (September 26th, 2012)
- New grid based EPG module "EPGPlus", with coloring based on content type. (Try it and share your ideas/suggestions please. Main menu->Modules->epgplus. You need to activate EPG cache under settings / performance. Content coloring is ependent on your provider, not all providers send content info in EPG correctly)
- EPG should display characters correctly now (tested on 42e, 28e, 19e, 13e, 7w and DVB-T UK)
- Option to remember last selected quick favorites
- Bug fixes
- If EPG still doesn't display characters correctly, please report on the forum by specifying region/satellite , frequency. We'll fix it.
- LibertyReserve and Moneybookers payment options have been added.