New in version 184.108.40.2062
July 29th, 2015
- NEW FEATURES:
- Join Cloud-based Shared Review:
- Enables users to join a shared review and send back the feedback or comments through Foxit Cloud.
- Pattern Search:
- Adds an option to Advanced Search box to search for a pattern in a PDF such as phone numbers.
- Set Enhanced Security Settings in Preferences:
- Supports to specify trusted locations and files in preferences to provide more secured PDF workflow.
- Snap Measurements:
- Supports to snap the measurement to a particular point (such as the endpoint, midpoint, intersection, etc.) along an object, which helps users measure objects more accurately.
- ISSUE FIXES:
- Fixed an issue where Foxit Reader could not open PDF files in Internet Explorer.
- Fixed a security issue where memory corruption may occur when opening certain XFA forms, which could lead to a controlled crash execution.
- Fixed an issue where ¡°Foxit Reader¡± folder was reserved after clean uninstallation in 32-bit OS.
New in version 220.127.116.115 (April 28th, 2015)
- Fixed a security issue where memory corruption may occur when verifying the digital signatures. Attackers could exploit this vulnerability to execute a controlled crash.
- Fixed a security issue where memory corruption may occur when parsing a PDF file that contains an invalid stream.
New in version 18.104.22.1686 (March 9th, 2015)
- New Features:
- Page Navigation in Web Browser by URL Parameters. Link to a bookmark/specific page within a web pdf in a web browser using URL parameters.
- Add Bulleted Lists in Free Text Annotations. Add bulleted lists in Typewriter/Callout/Textbox annotations to improve readability.
- PPDF (Pfile-based PDF) File Encryption (Enterprise Reader Only). Support using Microsoft IRM Protection for PDF Version 2 to encrypt PDFs and output the encrypted files in PPDF format.
- Feature Improvements:
- Shared Review Enhancement. Configure the interval to check new comments during shared review and notify users by flashing the Foxit Reader icon in the taskbar if any.
- PDF Stamp Improvements. Rotate stamp annotations and provide an option to apply a stamp on multiple pages.
- Save and Share Custom Annotation Colors. Save custom colors in annotation properties and then all the annotations can share the custom colors.
- Preview Signatures and Stamps before Application. Show the preview of selected ink signatures and stamps during mouse over.
- Streamline PDF Scanning Workflow. Streamline the workflow when scanning paper to PDF.
- Extend the Usage of GPO Templates (Enterprise Reader Only). Support more settings using the GPO templates, including forbidding all auto-connecting to server, setting to hide document message bar in preferences, and more.
- Issue Fixes:
- Fixed an issue where the application interface became fuzzy in higher DPI.
- Fixed an issue where users could not join the shared review of RMS protected files with Foxit Reader.
- Fixed a security issue where memory corruption may occur when converting a GIF file with an invalid value in Ubyte Size in its DataSubBlock Structure, which could lead to a controlled crash execution.
New in version 22.214.171.1246 (December 1st, 2014)
- NEW FEATURES:
- DPI-aware Application:
- Introduces DPI awareness to make UI elements automatically scaled and bitmaps and icons properly loaded based on the DPI value, for avoidance of image distortion or text truncation. This new feature helps the application run better on devices with high-DPI display settings.
- PPDF (Pfile-based PDF) File Decryption (Enterprise Reader Only):
- Supports the decryption of PPDF files (the Microsoft IRM protection for PDF V2 protected files), allowing users to modify and save the modified PPDF file if permissions allow.
- ISSUE FIXES:
- Fixed an issue where Foxit Reader failed to remain as the default PDF viewer after update in Windows 8.
- Fixed an issue where a wrong message was prompted during custom scan.
New in version 126.96.36.1996 (September 24th, 2014)
- New Features:
- Shared Review for Desktop and Mobile Users
- Enable users to join a shared review and send back the feedback or comments.
- 2D Barcode Displaying
- Supports to display 2D barcode that contains form data in the PDF forms with Ultraforms technology.
- Optimized PCL Printing
- Provides an option to auto-detect printers that support PCL for PCL optimization to improve the printing speed.
- Free-form Annotation with PSI (Pressure Sensitive Ink)
- Supports to use the Pencil tools from Surface Pro or Wacom tablet to add free-form annotations with PSI in PDFs.
- Bi-directional Language Support
- Supports input of the Arabic and Hebrew languages in annotations, and allows users to search Arabic and Hebrew in PDF files.
- Signature Verification on XFA Forms
- Supports to verify signatures on XFA forms created by Adobe LiveCycle.
- Friendly Ribbon Customization
- Supports to customize the Ribbon, enabling users to rearrange the buttons, or create a new tab with their favorite buttons.
- Stronger Security from RMS Plugin (Enterprise Only)
- Extends support to more strictly control documents access and supports dynamic revocation by preventing some users from accessing PDFs or preventing some PDFs from being accessed to promptly revoke PDFs that have already been issued.
- Create PDFs with RMS Encryption (Enterprise Only)
- Allows users to create an RMS protected PDF from Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), using the Foxit add-in.
- Feature Improvements:
- Text Copy with Formatting Maintained
- Improves the ¡°Copy and Paste¡± feature to allow users to copy and paste text with styles, including font, font size, font style, font color, etc.
- SharePoint Network Drive Support
- Enables users to open and check out PDFs from SharePoint mapped drive with Foxit Reader¡¯s Open dialog.
- GPO Improvement (Enterprise Only)
- Ensures the configurations in GPO template to work in both Classic and Ribbon Mode, adds settings of language in XML and GPO template, and more.
- Issue Fixes:
- Fixed the critical issues on Microsoft Touch Screen where:
- Users cannot exit Full Screen Mode;
- Users cannot bring out the context menu by tap-and-hold;
- Users cannot move up or down the annotation objects.
- Fixed an issue where an error prompted when users emailed a file with CJK characters in the file name if Windows locale was set to English.
New in version 6.2.1.0618 (July 1st, 2014)
- Feature Improvements:
- Updates Foxit's compatibility with the Microsoft IRM extension for PDF Specification.
- Issue Fixes:
- Fixed an issue where the application may suffer security vulnerabilities when reading and displaying filenames and their paths on the "Recent Documents" section from the Start Page.
New in version 6.2.0.0429 (May 5th, 2014)
- New Features:
- PDF/A File Notification - Supports identifying PDF/A files and disabling editing these files.
- Foxit Plugin Platform - Adds a plugin platform for users' convenience to manage Foxit plugins.
- SCUP Catalog for Automatic Application Updates - Provides a SCUP catalog to import and deploy all Enterprise Reader updates through Microsoft Windows Update Services or SCCM.
- Feature Improvements:
- UX Improvement - When AutoScroll is activated by pressing the middle mouse button, users can now press the middle mouse button again to exit AutoScroll mode.
- Controls Operations to Toolbars by GPO template - Allows using GPO templates to control end users' operations to toolbars.
- Word-to-PDF Conversion with Document Properties Maintained - Provides an option to choose whether to maintain document properties when users convert PDF in Word.
- Supports Windows Embedded Standard 7
- Enables SharePoint Plugin by Default without Registry Entry
- Issue Fixes:
- Fixed an issue where the application may crash when creating custom dynamic stamps.
New in version 6.1.4.0217 (February 20th, 2014)
- Fixed an issue where large videos embedded in PDF files cannot be played after files are encrypted.
- Fixed a security issue where Foxit Reader tried to load imgseg.dll, which could be exploited.
New in version 188.8.131.524 (December 27th, 2013)
- Feature Improvements:
- Improves the compatibility of converted PDFs, allowing users to open converted PDFs with greater accuracy and more smoothly than other PDF products.
- Enhances the conversion function, making the converted contents clearer and sharper.
- Issue Fixes:
- Fixed an issue where the Comment tools do not work when using the mouse with inverted buttons (for left-handed people).
- Fixed an issue where text cannot be typed immediately after a new Typewriter comment is created when the Ribbon is minimized.
New in version 184.108.40.2065 (October 29th, 2013)
- Area Highlight:
- Area Highlight tool allows users to highlight specified areas.
- Signature Protection:
- Adds password protection when creating or modifying quick sign signatures to prevent unauthorized use of saved signatures.
- Simplified Scanning Process:
- Adds a quick scan menu to help users to scan paper to PDFs with just one click.
- SharePoint Integration Enhancement:
- Allows users to open and save PDF files in SharePoint repositories directly from within Foxit Reader's Open/Save As dialog boxes.
- Extensive Find & Search:
- Extends search scope to form data for more accurate and complete search results.
- CSV Support for Form Export:
- Supports exporting one or more form data to a CSV file.
- Easier File Attaching and Appending:
- Enables users to attach a file to current PDF file by simply dragging and dropping the file to the Attachment Panel.
- 'Black and White' PDF Conversion:
- Adds 'Black and White' option which enables users to convert PDFs in black and white.
- UI Improvements:
- Provides a newly designed File tab, similar to the backstage view like Microsoft Office 2013.
- Issue Fixes:
- Fixed an issue where the Foxit plugin was not adopted by default in Firefox and Chrome browsers.
New in version 6.0.2.0413 (April 18th, 2013)
- New Features:
- PDF Creation
- Allows users to quickly and easily create PDF.
- With one-click, create from Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel through the Foxit Reader plug-in.
- High performance PDF conversion from hundreds of file types by:
- Dragging and dropping the document into Foxit Reader.
- Using the Foxit Reader create From File capability.
- Right mouse clicking on the file.
- Convert hardcopy documents into PDF with the create From Scanner functionality.
- Extend any application with print capabilities to include PDF conversion through the included Foxit Reader PDF Printer (PDF print driver).
- Cut and paste content via the Windows clipboard into a new PDF by using the From Clipboard feature.
- Ribbon-Based Toolbar
- New user interface with a ribbon-based toolbar based on Microsoft Office 2013 (Office 15) design is more intuitive and provides users with a familiar user experience.
- Read and Search PDF Portfolios
- Open and read PDF portfolios and perform searches either within a single PDF file or across all the PDF files in the portfolio.
- Whitelist Trusted URLs for Form Submission
- Enables users to create and maintain a whitelist of the trusted URLs when submitting form online to manage the file access.
- Create and Insert Stamps
- Allows users to create and insert stamps into their PDF documents and forms, by selecting from a choice of pre-made stamps, creating static custom or dynamic stamps.
- PDF Sign
- Allows users to sign documents with their own handwriting. Signatures can be created from an image of your signature or by writing it yourself on touch enabled desktop systems or tablets. Users can quickly and easily manage, place, and apply these signatures.
- Plug-in Manager
- Adds plug-in Manager which shows a list of installed plug-ins and the relevant information.
- Feature Enhancements:
- Comments Summary
- Supports sorting comments by checkmark status, setting current properties of any comment as default, and deleting comment by batch. Plus, the Note comment now supports to be printed.
- Booklet Printing
- Allows users to print multipage PDF in booklet format.
- Run Script Right Control
- Supports to control the right of running Script for better PDF protection.
New in version 5.4.3.0920 (September 26th, 2012)
- Fixed a security issue where the insecure application loading libraries could be exploited to attack the application.
New in version 5.4.2.0901 (September 6th, 2012)
- Supports opening PDF files on Microsoft SharePoint Server and allowing users to seamlessly check out and check in PDF files within Foxit Reader.
- Allows users to easily send, sign and save PDF documents and forms using DocuSign, the industry's most widely used eSignature solution.
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed an issue where Foxit Reader may call and run malicious code in the Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file.
- Fixed an issue where the application cannot remember the last print paper size setting.
- Fixed an issue where certain digital signatures cannot be verified by Foxit Reader.
New in version 5.3.1.0606 (September 6th, 2012)
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed an issue where some special PDFs could not be opened because of a problem with the ¡°loading font¡± process.
- Fixed an issue with using Hotmail account after installing Foxit Reader.
- Fixed an issue where the Foxit Reader plug-in cannot be loaded in Opera and will cause that other plug-ins cannot be loaded as well.
- Fixed an issue caused by using track point to scroll PDFs on Thinkpad.
- Fixed an issue where the cursor cannot be moved to the beginning of PDF content with the short-cut key ¡°Ctrl + Left¡±.
New in version 5.3.0.0423 (May 3rd, 2012)
- New Features:
- Supports viewing RMS-protected PDF files with the dynamic watermark.
- Added the option ¡°Tile Large Pages¡± to the print dialog box. With this new feature, users can tile pages that are larger than the selected paper size at a specified scale. The whole page content will be divided and printed on pieces of paper.
- Provides users with three update options, allowing users selecting the most appropriate upgrade method according to their requirements.
- Automatically changes the hand tool to the select text tool after moving the cursor to the text content.
- Supports controlling preference dialogue with the keyboard shortcuts.
- Added the option ¡°Read from Current Page¡± to the Read Out Loud feature, which makes the system read out the PDF content from current page to the end of the file.
- Improved the user interface elements, including arrow comment, Facebook interface, etc.
- Added the toolbar mode switch icon to the toolbar, simplifying user¡¯s manipulation.
- Shows the progress bar before displaying the content when opening the PDFs in the web browser.
- Improved the accuracy of highlight location, enabling the highlight area more agree with the target text.
- In the Full Screen mode, places the toolbar in the location adjusted last time.
- Supports using arrowheads to switch the file tabs when opening multiple PDF files, which is convenient for users when the tabs cannot be arranged in a row.
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed an issue where users cannot open the attachments of PDF files in XP and Windows7.
- Fixed an issue where the high screen resolution disordered the layout of the installation interface.
- Fixed an issue where note comments cannot move with the marked content when dragging the scroll bar to view a file.
- Fixed an issue where a large blank area appeared in the toolbar when reading PDF in web browser.
- Fixed an issue where users cannot use the arrow keys to view the search results.
- Fixed an issue where the system executed an action if user typed the shortcut key in the text input box.
- Fixed an issue where users can only selected the Snapshot area in the current visible area.
New in version 5.1.4.0104 (January 6th, 2012)
- Fixed an intermittent issue where tool bar and menu bar are not displayed properly.
New in version 220.127.116.111 (December 7th, 2011)
- Fixed an issue when right-clicking an opened PDF file in an internet browser after changing the UI language.
- Fixed an issue where the paper size in the Preview Area of Print Dialogue Box cannot be updated accordingly if users choose the Xerox Printer.
- Fixed an issue when switching the interface language.
- Fixed an issue where the Paper Drawer cannot be changed to Cassette when printing.
New in version 18.104.22.1681 (October 27th, 2011)
- Integrate PDF with Your Social Networks:
- For Facebook and Twitter users, Foxit Reader provides integration to your social networks. Foxit Reader users can loginto their account, select text from a PDF document, and share it as Facebook or Twitter status. Users can also take a snapshot of a region of a document and share it as a picture on Facebook or Twitter. Also, users can share the current document, or select a document from Windows Explorer, and share the document using Foxit’s OnDemand CM file sharing capability as a link from their Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Listen to PDF Documents with Read Out Loud:
- The Foxit Reader can read your PDF document to you. This is especially valuable when you’re on the go and you cannot read from a screen. Read Out Loud uses the available voices installed on your system. If you have Speech Application Programming Interface 5 (SAPI 5) installed for text-to-speech, you can choose to have Foxit Reader read your PDF documents to you. In addition to normal text content, Read Out Loud can also read comments, image descriptions, and fillable fields.
- New Usability Features for Enhanced User Experience:
- The Read Mode capability, which provides a cleaner reading experience by reducing the clutter of menus and toolbars.
- Enhanced text rendering so text displays more clearly and better defined.
- Increased performance for reader startup, opening a PDF file, and closing a PDF file.
- Automatically choose a printer’s paper source based on PDF page size.
New in version 5.0.2.0718 (July 21st, 2011)
- Easy-to-use review and commenting tools
- XFA Form Filling
- Free spell checker for Comments
- Safe Mode Settings in Installation
New in version 5.0.1.0523 (May 26th, 2011)
- Supports XFA form filling.
- Supports to open the RMS¨Cprotected PDFs with Foxit Reader.
- Supports to customize shortcut keys for various commands.
- Supports to reload the opened PDF document that is modified by other PDF tools.
- The new Split View mode allows you to divide the PDFs into two panes or four panes.
- Fit Visible mode enables the PDF pages to fit the width of the window.
- Supports Tabbed Toolbar Mode.
- Supports 11 different page transition types in the full screen mode.
- Offers four nice skins for appearance change.
- Supports to search keywords in the comment and bookmark.
- Enables you to preview a PDF attachment in Microsoft Outlook.
- Displays the PDF files in the Windows Explorer as the thumbnails if Foxit Reader has been set as the default PDF viewer.
- Adds more available command lines.
New in version 4.3.1.0323 (March 24th, 2011)
- Viewing the PDFs Embedded in HTML:
- Foxit Reader 4.3 supports the viewing of PDF documents that are embedded inside HTML, giving users many advantages and flexibility when viewing PDF files. Also, reading a PDF in an HTML page operates the same as any other PDF document viewed in Foxit Reader. The same tool bar options are available in all PDF documents.
New in version 4.2.0.0928 (September 29th, 2010)
- Verify the digital signature:
- Foxit Reader 4.2 now features a PDF digital signature verification technology which uses an enhanced, yet ISO 32000 compliant, verification process that ensures the signature is real and neither the document nor the signature have been compromised. This new verification process provides a secure and reliable platform for exchanging electronics documents without putting the user at risk from falsified documents.
- Enhance security with ASLR & DEP support:
- Foxit Reader 4.2 continues to add features that increase security by making it harder for hackers to compromise a PDF document. The current version of the reader includes Address Space Layout Randomization, ASLR, which uses a random algorithm to determine a memory address used to store key file data. A second security feature is Data Execution Prevention, DEP, which simply prevents executing code from a non-executable memory location. ASLR and DEP combine to highly improve Foxit Reader Security and provide a stable platform for enterprise, business and consumer, Foxit Reader users.
- Many Bugs Fixed
New in version 4.1.0.0726 (August 3rd, 2010)
- Fixed the crash issue when opening certain PDFs.
- Optimized the reading engine and fixed the issue where the scrolling becomes very slowly when reading large PDFs.
- Users will not be prompted to set default PDF reader when either or both Phantom and Foxit Reader is installed.
- PDF icons are reverted to other Reader’s PDF icons when Phantom/Foxit Reader is uninstalled, if those exist.
- Fixed the issue where the system sets Foxit Reader as the default PDF viewer without user permission when Foxit Reader launches.
New in version 4.0.0.0619 (June 29th, 2010)
- Added a advanced set of professional features:
- The New Reader 4.0 now includes Comments tools, Text Viewer & Text Converter, Form Filler, Spell Checker and Advanced Editing Tools; and it is still free. No additional licensing is required for more features with PDFs.
- Enhanced Safe Mode Setting:
- Supports Safe Mode settings during installation, streamlining the workflow and offering better protection with PDF File.
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed the crash issue when opening certain PDF documents.
New in version 3.3 Build 3.3.1.0518 (May 20th, 2010)
- Security Enhancement:
- The New Foxit Reader has implemented a new screening process which protects end users from misleading messages embedded within the parameters of a pop-up dialog box. A pop-up dialog contains an area which is reserved for a message that is generated by the rendered PDF. Due to Foxit's concern that this message may mislead users to take an unadvisable action, Foxit Reader will no longer display the content of the message and removes any parameters within the Pop-up message that can be manipulated by the PDF.
New in version 3.3 Build 3.3.0.0430 (May 4th, 2010)
- New Features:
- Improved Ask Search Button Setting - Enables users to show or hide the Ask Search Button in the Preferences menu.
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixes some bugs from previous versions including an issue where Ask Toolbar may be installed by default.
New in version 3.2 Build 3.2.1.0401 (April 2nd, 2010)
- Fixed a security issue that Foxit Reader runs an executable embedded program inside a PDF automatically without asking for user’s permission.
New in version 3.2 Build 3.2.0.0303 (March 12th, 2010)
- Fixed the crash issue when double clicking to open certain PDFs.
- Fixed the issue where cannot correctly display the content copied from Text Viewer mode on popup dialog box.
- Better support saving PDF as text.
- Fixed the issue where pop multiple message boxes when clicking the bookmarks several times continuously.
- Fixed the issues where some PDF documents cannot be associated with Foxit Reader.
- Fixed the issue where space may disappear when copying text.
- Fixed the crash issue when occasional use of arrow keys on keyboard to turn pages.
- Fixed the issue where the text may not be highlighted.
- Fixed the issue where the text string starting with a space cannot be searched.
- Fixed the issue with vertical text selection and text highlight.
New in version 3.1 Build 22.214.171.1245 (November 27th, 2009)
- Now supports opening files containing special Unicode characters in filenames.
- Right-clicking the annotation with zoom tool will not popup annotation menu.
- When using the Commenting Tools, the color indicator will reflect your color selection.
- Now supports simultaneous viewing of multiple documents.
- Fixed the issue where some files display slowly in the print preview window.
- Fixed the issue where some pdf files cannot be opened in the correct positions.
New in version 3.1 Build 126.96.36.1990 (November 27th, 2009)
- Fixed the issue in Foxit Reader 188.8.131.523, where the text in PDF documents cannot be printed with specific printers.
New in version 3.1 Build 184.108.40.2063 (November 27th, 2009)
- Fix the memory leak issue where the memory usage will continuously grow while viewing PDF files with Foxit Reader.
New in version 3.1 Build 3.1.1.0901 (September 28th, 2009)
- The reported issue of Foxit Reader 3.1.0.0824 crashing when users are viewing certain PDF files has been updated and is no longer a problem.
- Fixed an issue where Foxit Reader may not be launched in the system without installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable.
New in version 3.1 Build 3.1.0.0824 (August 24th, 2009)
- Fixed the issue where Cyrillic symbols in the Tab header displaying inaccurately in Japanese operating system.
- Fixed the issue about too large printer buffer, automatic paging and duplex printing when printing a document with multiple copies.
- Fixed the issue where cannot import FDF file when opening the PDF file contained interactive form fields in the browser window.
- Fixed the issue where PDF Reader only works on the primary screen while going to full screen with dual monitor setup.
New in version 3.0 Build 1817 (August 24th, 2009)
- Fixed a problem related to negative stream offset (in malicious JPEG2000 stream) which caused reading data from an out-of-bound address. We have added guard codes to solve this issue.
- Fixed a problem related to error handling when decoding JPEG2000 header, an uncaught fatal error resulted a subsequent invalid address access. We added error handling code to terminate the decoding process.
New in version 3.0 Build 1506 (August 24th, 2009)
- Cannot edit some form fields.
- Cannot support XFA forms. After typing text into a field and then moving the cursor to another field, the typed text will disappear.
- Unable to fill in some interactive check boxes within the PDF document.
New in version 3.0 Build 1301 (January 5th, 2009)
- A dead loop error appears when printing pages or a range of pages by entering 1, 3, 7-10, etc. in the Pages text box within the Print dialog box.
- Symptoms: If you print pages or a range of pages by entering 1, 3, 7-10, etc. in the Pages text box within the Print dialog box with Foxit Reader 3.0 Build 1222, the printing doesn’t stop.
New in version 3.0 Build 1222 (December 26th, 2008)
- The annotations added by the typewriter tool will be rotated along with the page.
- Popup "Mozilla Firefox is not installed." when users failed to install Firefox plug-in.
- May take a long time to open a file in Windows Vista Home version.
- This updated version allows users to delete the advertisements.
- The Auto-Rotate feature may be unavailable when printing with Snapshot tool.
- Go back to the default settings of the printer properties when users reopen the PDF files.
- This updated version will choose to print documents in actual size mode or fit to paper mode based on the default settings in the print dialog box with Command lines.
- Page numbers are printed in a disorderly way when printing multiple copies in double-side mode.
- The slow launch speed when running Foxit Reader for the first time after the system startup
New in version 3.0 Build 1120 (November 21st, 2008)
- Enticing Multimedia Design
- Now users can not only play multimedia in Foxit Reader, but also are empowered to add, edit or delete multimedia files with the incredible Movie Tool and Sound Tool.
- Attachment Panel
- Lists all the attached files in the PDF document, and provides a number of common options that helps users manage the attachments, such as opening, deleting and adding description to the attachments. Users can also change the security settings when opening an attachment in this panel.
- Thumbnail Panel
- Shows thumbnail images for each PDF page and allows users to quickly view relevant portions of a PDF file. Now users can navigate through PDFs with page thumbnails.
- Layout Panel
- Lists PDF layers in the document, allows users to control the display of some certain content areas.
- Metric Unit Support
- Within the preferences dialog box it gives users the option to set the unit of page dimension in either metric system or imperial system.
- Auto-scrolling with Middle Mouse Button
- In the Hand Tool reading mode, users can perform auto-scrolling by holding the middle mouse button/wheel mouse button down.
- Awe-Inspiring Foxit OnDemand Content Management
- This new add-on enables users to organize, share and collaborate on documents and forms online. Users can upload from Foxit Reader or send documents with ease. Advanced features include workflow driven document sharing, revisions of documents, CollabRoom for group collaboration.
- Firefox Support
- With Firefox Plugin, users can view and work with PDF files loaded in Foxit Reader with Firefox web browser.
- Improved Select Text Tool
- Not only used for selecting text, but also enables users to add most types of annotations, including highlight, strikeout, underline, squiggly, replacement, etc.
- Enhanced Print Setup
- Supports printing separate pages or a range of pages by entering 1, 3, 7-10 or whatever in the Pages text box within the Print dialog box.
- Better Annotation Control
- Allows users to align and center multiple annotations on PDF pages, including Notes, Drawing Markups and Typewriter Comments.
- Advanced Toolbar Control
- Completely rearranges the toolbar layout and allows users to easily customize the tools that appear in Foxit Reader.
- Better Permission Control
- Disables and grays out some UI elements when users are not allowed to perform the corresponding operations on the protected PDF document.
- Improved Upgrade Mode
- Foxit Updater Preferences dialog box allows the user to configure the update settings. Foxit Reader supports the ability to check for updates automatically on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Improved Popup Note
- A popup note turns transparent when it is open but not selected. Users can also cut, copy or paste text in the new popup note.
- Enhanced Shortcut Keys Input
- Press F11 to enter or exit the full screen mode. Use keyboard shortcuts to fill PDF forms easily.
- Transferrable preferences Settings
- Foxit Reader creates an INI file to save user's preferences settings so that it can be easily kept and transferred. Users can keep their own settings and don't have to configure them when Foxit Reader is updated or moved.
- Many Bug Fixes
New in version 2.2 Build 2129 (October 3rd, 2007)
- Capture words via mouse: If you are using a dictionary software, you may want to use your mouse to capture words inside a PDF file and has it translated. You can turn on this feature by checking "Screen word-capturing" option under "Edit">"Preference">"General".
- Search PDF in another way: Now you can search a string either in a single PDF file or in multiple PDF files under a specified folder. When the search finishes, all occurrences will be listed in a tree view, allowing you to quickly preview the contexts and jump to specific locations.
- Minimize Foxit Reader to the system tray: You now can save space on your task bar by minimizing the Foxit Reader to system tray. This feature can be turned on by checking "Minimize to system tray" option under "Edit">"Preference">"General".
- Work with friendly bookmarks: Now when you navigate through the PDF document, the highlighted bookmark item will automatically be kept in sync with the current page being displayed. And you can click on a handle to hide or show the bookmark panel.
- Remove all evaluation marks at once: For trial users, Foxit Reader will stamp evaluation marks on edited pages. After they purchase and install licenses, they can choose "Help">"Remove Evaluation Marks" to remove all the evaluation marks on this file at once.
- View PDF page size: Now the actual size of each PDF page is displayed on the status bar.
- Select text easily: Now, when you click and drag your mouse to select some text, you can keep moving your mouse and Foxit Reader will scroll automatically. This will allow you to select text out of current view. Version 2.2 also fixes some bugs of the text selection tool in the previous version.
- Enjoy other improved features: You will enjoy many other improved features, including: Well-organized toolbars / Better command line support / Enhanced support for eastern Asian languages
- Many bug fixes
New in version 2.0 build 1414 (February 23rd, 2007)
- multi-language UI
- dynamic downloading of add-ons
- form filler
- better look and feel