New in version 1.1.4 Beta
April 11th, 2011
- This is the first open source release of NetMeter!
- Fixed bugs related to interface detection on Windows Vista.
New in version 1.1.3 (August 14th, 2007)
- NICs are now being identified by Name and MAC address
- Fixed problem with multiple monitors when window position is negative
- Some other small bug fixes
New in version 1.1.1 (June 23rd, 2007)
- Added config options for autosave feature
- Added duplicate check for PPP-adapters
- Fixed identification problems with manually selected network interfaces
- Fixed problem with custom bandwidth setting in options menu
- Popup messages are now always on top and no longer modal
- Empty icon is no longer displayed on startup
- Removed "All interfaces" option because it is no longer needed
- Fixed minimizing/restoring on systems with multiple monitors
- Fixed "display average values" calculation (it was broken in version 1.1.0 beta)
- Graph will no longer be drawn while window is minimized (saves a bit of CPU time)
- The dynamic tray icon will now show average UL / DL values if the option "display average values" is active
- The buffer for the graph history has been enlarged from 20 to 30 minutes.
New in version 1.1.0 Beta (June 5th, 2007)
- NetMeter won't be visible in Windows' Alt-Tab list anymore when "Show window caption" is disabled
- On systems with multiple monitors NetMeter will now restore on the monitor it was on last
- On startup NetMeter will now check if the graph window is inside the visible desktop area. If not, the position will be reset to the default values
- Warning messages are now centered on the desktop
- Fixed option "Notify monitoring problems" (it was broken in version 1.0.0)
- On Windows 2000 and newer, NetMeter now uses a TrueType font for all menus (ClearType!)
- Added option "Use old display unit descriptions". If enabled it will display "KB" instead of "KiB" for example. This option has no effect on traffic calculation.
- It is now possible to choose between 4 different display units: Kilobit, Kibibit, Kilobyte and Kibibyte
- It is now possible to change the display unit for the totals menu
- Added display units "Terabit", "Tebibit", "Terabyte" and "Tebibyte"
- Improved interface handling in IP-Helper module
- Changed some program icons
- Integrated PayPal link into "About"-menu for donations
- Fixed problem with UL/DL label font on Windows 9x
- Added proper CSV import/export function for traffic log data. To see the proper syntax for the CSV-file simply use the export function and edit the exported file.
- All traffic values have to be stated in bytes. Importing will erase all previously existing log data.
- Added option "Reset all logs". Use with caution!
- Replaced old tray icons by new dynamic download upload gauges. The new gauges are tied to the scaling options of the "big" graph window. It is possible to switch back to the old style static icons via the options menu.
- Fixed a bug in calculation of display terms with large values (around the Terabyte area). NetMeter can handle values in the Terabyte range and above now.
- Fixed a bug that caused the UL/DL labels to be hidden although there was enough space within the window.
- Fixed a bug that caused the tray icon hint to display no interface description when "All Interfaces (No Loopback, No Duplicates)" was selected.
New in version 1.0.0 Beta 1a (June 5th, 2007)
- Added the new option "All Interfaces (No Loopback, No Duplicates)". Using the option "All Interfaces" on Vista can result in multiplied traffic readings. Up to Windows XP any given MAC-address was only present once in the list of network interfaces reporded by the IP-Helper API. On Vista there are additional virtual interfaces for every physical adapter which all have identical MAC addresses. If you choose above mentioned option NetMeter will only monitor the first adapter with a given MAC-address.
- Fixed the problem with saving the .ini and traffic logfile on Windows Vista. On Vista all variable data is now stored in the directory %USERPROFILE%AppDataRoamingNetMeter
- "Average left per day" statistic should now be correct
- Added loopback device to interface-list
- Several small bugfixes