June 13th, 2013New features included in this Community Labs Area in Panda Cloud Antivirus 2.2 version are:
· Data Shield: This new Protection prevents malware from accessing your personal data. In case a new malware can surpass all protection layers and infiltrate into your PC, Data Shield will avoid any theft or encryption of the important thing: your personal data. We are so sure about the importance of this protection, that we are releasing it enabled by default.
· Parental Control: Keep an eye on the web sites your kids are visiting and protect them from inappropriate content by blocking access to any of 59 different categories. Have a quick view of your children’s activity in a dashboard filtered by date, website or category.
· Rescue Boot. This new feature is extremely useful in case of emergency situations caused by malware infections. Once created you will be able to boot from a USB or from a rescue option in your PC and remove any virus that locks your system thanks to Panda Cloud Cleaner technology.
Additionally, this new version integrates two of the most demanded features by the Community:
· Access Control. Access to Panda Cloud Antivirus settings can be protected by a password from unauthorized people.
· Safe Mode: Users will be able to install Panda Cloud Antivirus 2.2 and scan their PC against malware threats in Safe Mode.
February 19th, 2013
· Fixed problem with “blocking of files until results are returned from the cloud – time settings”.
· Fixed problem under certain situations when GUI console was not opened.
· Fixed some linguistic errors.
· Fixed problem with promotional banner under certain situations after upgrading to Panda Cloud Antivirus PRO Edition.
· Fixed information shown (remote IP address) in firewall popups.
December 3rd, 2012
· We have reinforced our behavioural protection with an anti-exploit technology, which detects and neutralizes malware that exploits zero-day vulnerabilities (Java, Adobe, MS Office..) like Blackhole or Redkit before it infects the PC.
· With the continued growth of malware threats and variants, traditional signature-based protection is not enough. Thanks to the Collective Intelligence, we can analyze in our Labs the common behaviour of this kind of malware and adapt our technologies to detect new variants before they are known.
· Additionally, we have included in this version real-time protection for Windows 8 Store apps, UI improvements and bug fixes.
· We have added performance improvements to maintain Panda Cloud Antivirus lightness and minor improvements.
July 17th, 2012
· Community-based firewall (pro edition only).
· New cloud-based disinfection engine.
· New behavioral analysis engine in the free edition.
· Improved offline protection.
· Process monitor allows seeing Internet connections on a per process basis.
· Improved performance and 50% faster scans.
· New advanced configuration options such as asking for confirmation before neutralizing.
· Compatibility with Windows 8.
· New interface.
· Ability to manage different licenses.
June 4th, 2012
· New firewall platform for Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
· Intrusion Detection System protection against network attacks.
· Ability to adapt firewall behaviour by zones.
· Registration of the firewall component in the Windows Security Center.
· Deactivation/activation of the built-in Windows Firewall when the Panda Cloud Antivirus firewall is activated/deactivated.
· New technologies for improved malware disinfection.
· Improved detection of in-memory malware.
· Improved disinfection of packed/compressed malware.
· Improved quarantine management.
· Process monitor without the URL monitoring.
· Activity monitor in the main interface window.
· Last detection show in the main interface window.
· Added advanced configuration to enable/disable detection of potentially unwanted programs.
· Added advanced configuration to enable/disable background scan after cache synchronization.
· Added advanced configuration to enable/disable on-demand scan within compressed archives.
· Added advanced configuration to exclude elements by extension.
· Improved scanning architecture and integration with Quarantine and memory scanning module.
· Integrated new toolbar with Google search instead of Yahoo.
· Button to hide the promotional banners shown in the main interface.
· Improved integration with the Windows Security Center for the antivirus component.
· Improved integration with Collective Intelligence of unknown and new malware samples.
· Performance improvement to lower system impact when treating files within Explorer and Recycle Bin.
February 27th, 2012
· Improved on-demand scanning speeds, specially under Windows 7.
· Improved integration with Collective Intelligence backend to obtain new malware variants even faster.
· New toolbar version 3.0 with Google search instead of Yahoo search.
· Fixed slowdowns while deleting files from the computer.
· Fixed BSOD under certain conditions when unloading one of the Panda drivers.
· Fixed synchronization erros (same as already released hotfix).
· Fixed issues scanning certain type of folders (as reported by AV-Comparatives)
· Fixed upgrade notification popup showing up every 20 minutes.
· Fixed problem of certain auxiliary files being written to the root of the drive when ProgramData directory could not be found.
· Fixed disinfection problem under certain conditions on malware running in memory.
· Fixed problem under certain situations when a malware detected without Internet connectivity was not recorded in the event report.
· Fixed problems disinfecting certain malware with specific format and characteristics.
August 18th, 2011
· Firewall application rules for programs which can access the network or Internet.
· Firewall system rules for all programs.
· Firewall rules priorities.
· Automatic management of rules based on analysis and Process Monitor.
· Notifications of connection attempts and ability to create rules to allow or deny connection.
· Ability to import and export rules.
· Notifications in the event report of connection attempts which have deny rules.
· Additional types of cloud-queries for suspicious malware.
· Optimized Behavioral Analysis engine, both On-Demand and On-Access
· Improved cache of already scanned items to increase scan speeds and lower performance impact.
· Change GUI icons for Recycle Bin and Firewall.
· Added shield exclusions for Panda Cloud Office Protection processes.
· Signed drivers for installation and upgrade.
· Updated Panda Security Toolbar to 220.127.116.11 with Firefox 5.0 compatibility.
· Fixed behavioral blocking engine FP with OpenOffice.
· Fixed wrong translations on the context menu “Scan with Panda Cloud Antivirus” entry.
· Fixed incorrect message “incompatible AV” in installer.
· Fixed problems displaying the installer with non-default display settings.
· Fixed BSOD with NNSHttp.
· Fixed BSOD with NNSPrv.sys
· Fixed problems with lost connectivity after install.
· Fixed error 513 with diagnostic tool NetDiag.
· Fixed problem analyzing some compressed files inside compressed archive.
· Fixed problem with Panda Cloud Antivirus Service stability.
July 20th, 2011
· Fixed problems disinfecting Google Chrome cookies.
· Fixed problems disinfecting certain compressed malware.
· Fixed Blue Screen of Death problem after upgrading or installing version 1.5.
· Fixed bug which prevented re-enabling autorun.
· Fixed errors when redirecting to webpages from the “I like CloudAV” window.
· Security Toolbar and URL Filter version 18.104.22.168 with Firefox 5.0 compatibility.
June 20th, 2011New features suggested by the user community have been added:
· Scanning speeds have been improved dramatically.
· CPU consumption has been reduced thanks to improvements in the BackgroundScan.
· New graphical installer.
· Ability to close the banner.
· New advanced configuration options for exclusions of files by extension, Potentially Unwanted Programs and more.
· Activity monitor shows scanned files and last virus detected.
· Report now includes entries for Collective Intelligence cache synchronizations.
In addition there are a lot of bug fixes, most notably:
· Fixed error when trying to open Panda Cloud Antivirus right after install.
· Fixed problems registering with Windows Security Center.
· Fixed access violation in PSUNSuspects.dll when opening console.
· Fixed protected Lost&Found directory privileges which prevented restoration of files.
· Fixed Error Code 11 when trying to undo an exclusion for a file which has been deleted from the drive.
· Fixed Error Code 11 when trying to insert into the Recycle Bin a file which was also excluded from the scan.
· Fixed error which prevented opening the GUI and showing the traybar icon.
May 4th, 2011New Features:
· Process Monitor functionality and traffic history reporting.
· Ability to block a process by sending it to Recycle Bin.
· Blocked processes can be restored from the Recycle Bin.
· Ability to disable/enable BackgroundScan after signature cache synchronization.
· Ability to exclude file extensions from the on-access scanner.
· Exclusion of Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP) detections.
· New graphical installer. Logs are kept under %TEMP%\StubInstaller.log.
· New Toolbar without ID Protect & Shopping and with Toolbar Cleaner.
February 1st, 2011
· New notification system.
· Toolbar and URL Filtering compatibility with Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 4.
· Fixed GUI scan progress window.
· Added “Free” or “Pro” labels on the main window to clearly differentiate what is installed.
· Fixes in translation strings.
October 27th, 2010
· Malicious Web & URL Filtering. This feature blocks websites that push malware, exploits and drive-by downloads. It is available both in Free and in Pro Editions and is installed by the toolbar. Unlike similar solutions, this web filtering works at a low level so it works under all browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc. For those of you that didn’t install the toolbar but would like to install the Web & URL Filtering, you can download it from here and install it manually.
· Unified Recycle Bin and Quarantine. Previously the Recycle Bin handled suspicious detections and the Quarantine handled deleted malware detections. This has been unified into a new Recycle Bin for ease of management. This is included in both Free and Pro Editions.
· Automatic and transparent upgrades to new product versions, previously only available in the Pro Edition, this is now available in the Free Edition as well. All users of Free Editions versions 1.1.0, 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 will automatically and transparently upgrade to the new 1.3. See notes below for the upgrade schedule.
· No more nagging advertising. After listening to many of you we have decided to turn off the nagging advertising popups prompting to upgrade to Pro Edition. If you want to support Panda Cloud Antivirus and wish to get the Pro Edition, you can do so from here, but we won’t bug you anymore from the popups.
· Hot updating of behavioural blocking rules. In order to increase protection on the fly against new vulnerabilities and attacks and to fix false positives, hot updating of behavioural blocking rules allows faster response time in both the Free and Pro Editions.
· Immediate notifications of virus detections. Previously if Panda Cloud Antivirus encountered multiple viruses, it would delay its traybar notification and show them grouped. This behaviour has been changed so that the notifications are shown immediately.
· Suspicious detection counter. Under the statistics window there’s some new counters for the different types of heuristics and behavioural detections.
· New versioning format. Unified versioning format in GUI and other parts of the program.
Many bugfixes as reported by users in our support forum:
· Fixed issue with Windows 7 Start menu slow-down.
· Fixed Panda traybar icon disappearing.
· Fixed “you are not connected to the Internet” message when there is connection.
· Fixed issue when Free Edition users can activate behavioural analysis.
· Fixed slow-down and conflicts while playing Allods Online and AION.
· Fixed cloud-response time configuration which defaults to 30 seconds.
· Fixed constant accesses to the floppy disk drive.
· Fixed BSOD issue after install.
· Fixed bug while exporting an empty report to TXT/CSV.
· Fixed Conficker detection.
· Fixed BSOD while compressing malicious PDFs.
· Fixed translation errors.
April 30th, 2010
· Advanced configuration
· Behavioural analysis
· Exclusions of files and folders
· USB Vaccine
· Shield to avoid killing the processes or delete the Panda Cloud Antivirus files
· New behavior of the recycle bin: if you takes out a file from the recycle bin, it is possible to undo de action an put it again in.
July 17th, 2009
· Fixes a known issue of the synchronous scan under certain situations of connectivity, which results in abnormal CPU and memory usage.