August 1st, 2012
· NEW: Home screen sections can be re-ordered or hidden.
· NEW: Background art while browsing.
· NEW: Easier to read list view when browsing by folder.
· FIX: High bitrate content will correctly transcode instead of attempting Direct Play
· FIX: Media deletion & progress reporting works when using myPlex without publishing servers.
· FIX: Network addresses are resolved earlier to make playing media on remote clients more reliable.
· FIX: Easier method for adding friends.
· FIX: Crash when attempting to set a user rating for an item with no community rating.
· FIX: Crash marking a show (un)watched.
· FIX: A few layout & graphical issues.
June 5th, 2012
· NEW: Greatly enhanced media analysis.
· NEW: The default on new installs is to empty trash automatically. This was confusing too many new users, and I think it was the wrong default, not to mention a confusing UX around learning how and why to empty the trash.
· NEW: Support for non-DRM iTunes videos and iTunes U.
· FIX: Improved segmented MPEGTS output (fixes Roku artifacts). And there was much rejoicing!!
· FIX: TV shows didn’t load metadata properly if the episode had a date but no index (e.g. personal media).
· FIX: Individual TV episodes can now have their content rating set by the agents.
· FIX: A few random crashes observed in the wild.
· FIX: Crash when transcoding (e.g. to LG MediaLink).
· FIX: Transcoder recognizes some MPEG2 files correctly now.
· FIX: Return the HTTP body from plug-ins even when there’s a failure.
· FIX: Audio transcoder wasn’t working for remote clients.
· FIX: Regression in the transcoder leading to green/artifacts on iOS/ATV2.
· FIX: Many fixes for SRT “burning” during transcode, including subtitles not showing up at all or only partially.
· FIX: Don’t identify MP4 chapter tracks as subtitles.
· FIX: Durations in MP3 files should be analyzed much more accurately.
· The Plex client has a number of fixes, and we’ll be paying it more attention in the coming months.
· NEW: Developer ID-signed for Mountain Lion.
· NEW: Allow forcing transcoding on local networks (good for older clients).
· FIX: Fix a crash when playing video over VNC.
· FIX: Apple remote keymap was incorrect in Now Playing window.
· FIX: When selecting multi-item videos, it always played the first item.
· FIX: Occasional flicker when starting videos.
· FIX: Respect the “noCache” attribute, fixes some channels not refreshing properly (e.g. Netflix).
· FIX: When playing some WebKit channels, it improperly transcoded, resulting in no audio.
· FIX: Saved cookies were making some channels fail to play (e.g. YouTube).
· FIX: Skinning issue that could make multiple thumbs appear for some content.
· FIX: Only show watched state (and context menu items) for library content.
· FIX: Changing display blanking settings required exiting and re-entering full screen to take effect.
· FIX: Plex.ToggleDisplayBlanking keymap function restored.