November 20th, 2009
· Entertainment mode has been introduced. Using Entertainment
· mode you will be able to play games, watch movies and use any
· entertainment software without any interference by Quick Heal
· and without reducing security of your computer.
· To improve security against malwares, Quick Heal has come up
· with Self Defense feature. Malwares are now targeting AntiVirus
· and security softwares by deleting their important files,
· registry entries. Quick Heal files, folders & registry entries
· will be now protected. User, Malware or any other application
· will not be able to tamper Quick Heal files, folders and
· registry entries.
· Web Browsing Protection has been introduced to prevent infections
· from malicious websites.
· Quick Heal will now automatically detect newly mounted removable
· drives (e.g. Pen drive, USB Hard Drives etc.) and prompt you to
· scan the drives.
· Quick Heal Autorun Protection has been introduced to manage
· autorun functionality of the PC and removable drives.
· Malware files are often packed with different packers.Quick Heal
· identifies different packers and also gives option to filter files
· based on packers used to pack them. You can also block
· access/execution of files packed by particular packer.
· You can now directly add email address from mail client to
· Anti-Spam Black list or White list. Currently this feature is
· supported for MS Outlook and Eudora mail Client.
· Quick Heal PCTuner is integrated with Total Security. PCTuner
· has features like Registry Cleanup, Disk Cleanup, Auto Cleanup,
· Secure Delete, Duplicate File Finder etc which helps fix errors
· and speed up your computer.
· Quick Heal 2010 consumes very less memory compared to last
· version. This helps to improve performance of your system by
· taking less system resources.
Online Protection has been enhanced for following:
· a. Online Protection will be compatible to SwitchUser Mode.
· Online Protection icon will now be displayed in each
· logged in user.
· b. It will give you warning while disabling online protection.
· User can now also be able to opt to Turn on online protection
· after specific time interval.
· c. It will also scan and delete a ZIP files containing infection.
· d. Quick Heal System tray Icon will also be shown to the user
· even if Online Protection is permanently turned off.
Memory Scanning has been enhanced for following:
· a. It will also scan hidden processes running in memory.
· b. It will also scan running drivers on the system.
· c. It will also scan memory silently after every update.
· This will ensure that system memory is clean after applying
· the latest signature pattern updates.
Quick Update has been enhanced for following:
· a. Update size will be smaller.
· b. Focus shifting problem in case of silent update has been
· c. It will keep reminding user to restart the system in
· case of update which requires restart.
· Quick Heal is now compatible with 64 Bit Platforms. It will not
· run under WOW64 anymore. It will be using full functionality
· of 64-bit Operating System.
· You will also be able to send System Information even if you do not
· have email client configured on your computer.
· Track Cleaner will also remove privacy traces of following applications
which can expose your privacy traces:
· a. Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0
· b. Chrome Browser
· c. Safari Browser
· d. Opera Browser
· e. Real Player
· f. Quick Time Player
· g. Microsoft Access 2000
· h. Microsoft Access XP
· i. Microsoft Visio 2002
· j. Microsoft Access 2003
· k. Microsoft Publisher 2003
· l. Microsoft Visio 2003
· m. Microsoft Word 2007
· n. Microsoft Excel 2007
· o. Microsoft PowerPoint 2007
· p. Microsoft Access 2007
· q. Microsoft Publisher 2007
· r. Microsoft Visio 2007
· Quick Heal Anti-Malware can also be scheduled for scan along with
· Quick Heal AntiVirus Scan.
· Quick Heal will maintain reports in Reports section if you enable
· or disable critical modules. It will generate reports of following
· a. Online Protection
· b. E-mail Protection
· c. Automatic Update
· d. Messenger
Email Protection has been enhanced for following:
· a. It will also scan Phishing mails and tag them as SPAM.
· b. It will also log sender information when it detects an infected
· or suspicious mail.
· Native Boot Scan has been enhanced. Now it will also be supported
· on 64-bit Operating System.