New in version 2.10.3
January 17th, 2015
- Updated multiple repairs with code improvements
- Code cleanup and changes throughout the program.
New in version 2.10.2 (November 11th, 2014)
- I have automated the program to auto add the services it needs when ran in safe mode and cleans them after when done. The program will no longer show a window asking the user to do it. Since it is automated it is one less thing a user needs to worry about.
- New repair added, "Restore UAC (User Account Control) Settings" This will restore the default registry settings for the UAC in Windows.
- Multiple repairs have been updated and tweaked.
- Multiple interface updates and changes.
New in version 2.10.1 (November 5th, 2014)
- Updated Remove policies set by infections and restore important windows services.
- Spelling corrections.
New in version 2.10.0 (October 21st, 2014)
- Major update, the program can now properly run in Windows Safe Mode. The program didn't run properly in safe mode before because services that the repairs needed where not allowed to run in safe mode.
- I have built and included a tool in the program that will allow a user to prepare safe mode for the repairs by setting the services it needs for the repairs to be allowed to run in safe mode.
- Updated the remove policies set by infections to remove the Google chrome policies set to not allow chrome to update.
- Updated the tweaking_ras.exe and tweaking_rati.exe to have their manifest files embedded in them to fix a problem where if the manifest files where corrupt or messed up for some reason then the repairs wouldn't run.
- Updated the "Repair WMI" to remove the bug in Windows causing Event ID 10 (Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99")
- Fixed a bug where if the settings.ini file was deleted or a user updated the program from from a older version and the settings.ini file didn't have the color information set that the colors wouldn't be set correctly, such as black text over the dark grey background. The program has now been updated to apply the proper default colors when this happens.
- Updated the "Reset File Permissions" to no longer set permissions on the profile locations when the user is setting permissions on a drive where the profiles are not located.
- Multiple code improvements and changes.
- Updated Registry Backup to v1.10.1
- Changed and updated multiple icons and graphics in the program.
New in version 2.9.2 (September 30th, 2014)
- Updated Registry Backup with v1.10.0
- Updated Reset Registry Permissions. The program will now set the install date for installed programs before running the repair.
- Some installers don't put the registry key "InstallDate" in the uninstall section. So when you load up the add/remove programs or
- Programs and Features and it shows the date it is installed then windows will list the last modified date of the uninstall registry key for the program if "InstallDate" is missing.
- Well when you reset the registry permissions the last modified gets updated and so those programs show the install date of when you ran the repair.
- The program will now loop through these 3 locations
- For any installed program that doesn't have a "InstallDate" the program will add this registry key and set the date from the last modified time of that registry key.
- This will now keep older install programs from showing the wrong install date after running the reset registry permissions.
New in version 2.9.1 (September 23rd, 2014)
- Updated "Remove Policies Set By Infections" repair, the repair now sets the proper shell and userinit values under the Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon registry.
- More code improvements and interface changes.
New in version 2.9.0 (September 16th, 2014)
- Code improvements to multiple repairs.
- Updated graphics to the interface of the program.
- Moved the image controls used in the program into a ocx file. This has reduced the size of the main exe by 460 KB. Also making the program more stable and require less memory.
- Multiple interface code tweaks and enhancements.
New in version 2.8.9 (September 3rd, 2014)
- Changed the "Start Repairs" tab text on the main window to just "Repairs" and under that tab changed the "Start" button text to "Open Repairs". Some users where getting confused since the repair window itself had a button that said "Start Repairs" they thought the program already started them since they clicked "start" on the main window. So some rewording to avoid that confusion.
- Multiple code changes and tweaks.
New in version 2.8.8 (August 21st, 2014)
- Updated the tweaking_ras.exe and Tweaking_rati.exe. These are both used to run repairs as the system account or trusted installer. To do this they create themselves as a service and run the command, then remove the service they created. The problem was that on some systems, Windows wasn't removing the service fast enough before the next one was called and created. Since the service name was the same, the next one created wouldn't be called (Since it was in the process of being removed by Windows) and the repair wouldn't start. Both of these programs now randomize their service name to keep this from happening
- The program now will try to start a repair up to 3 more times if it fails to start the first time (For a total of 4 times and 30 sec between each try). So now if there is ever a simple hiccup or problem that kept the repair from running then the program will try again and normally it will continue on. If it fails to run a repair 4 times then the repairs stop and the program tells you to let me know in the forums, where I will work with you to find out why they didn't run
- Fixed a bug where the program didn't close itself if you told it to reboot or shutdown the systems after the repairs