March 11th, 2013
· FIXED: The VNC Server - File Transfer dialog now always appears.
· The BlacklistTimeout VNC Server parameter now accepts a number of seconds between 1 and 2147483647.
January 28th, 2013
· FIXED: Text can now be copied and pasted in either direction if the connection was originally made to a computer at the login screen (that is, not yet logged on to a particular user account).
October 8th, 2012
· NEW: The mouse cursor snaps to a corner of the host computer's desktop if it exits the VNC Viewer window within a certain distance of a corner (configurable via the PointerCornerSnapThreshold parameter), making it easier to trigger hotspots under the latest operating systems
· Improved support for Windows 8.
· Under Windows 8, connection notification messages are now displayed on the Start screen as well as in the Desktop app.
· Under Windows 8, Desktop Duplication replaces VNC Mirror Driver as the optimal screen capture mechanism in most circumstances.
· VNC authentication passwords are now created using the vncpasswd utility, rather than specified using multiple parameters.
· FIXED: If connection notifications are disabled, messages are no longer shown when subsequently logging on to an account on the host computer.
· FIXED: Multiple and collated copies of documents can now be printed to local printers.
August 21st, 2012
· FIXED: VNC Server in Service Mode no longer reports error 10038 (“SetBlocking”) when run in conjunction with certain third party software.
July 6th, 2012
· FIXED: RDP connections to 32-bit XP computers now succeed when VNC Server is running in Service Mode. Note that VNC Viewer users who subsequently connect must request control, since VNC and RDP connections cannot co-exist; the RDP user may or may not grant control requests.
June 7th, 2012
· NEW: Support for Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
· The VNC Server executable has been renamed from winvnc4.exe to vncserver.exe.
· VNC Server in Service Mode no longer automatically restarts if it was explicitly stopped before a computer is rebooted.
· VNC Server in Service Mode need no longer be pre-registered before it is started at the command line.
· VNC Server no longer requires a separate vncconfig utility in order to permit configuration.