March 9th, 2013
· Added support for Windows 8 and Server 2012
· Removed the old CACE logo
· Fixed a bug in the Just-In-Time compiler for BPF filters that could cause an OS crash when dealing with specially crafted LD instructions
· The BPF filter validation code was not properly validating division-by-zero DIV instructions.
August 31st, 2010
· Fixed a bug reported by Boaz Brickner: the driver could cause an OS crash when an IRP_MJ_CLEANUP is processed in parallel with an IRP_MJ_READ/WRITE/DEVICECONTROL. The fix defers the deallocation of the open structure in IRP_MJ_CLOSE.
· Fixed a bug in the buffered write code. A malformed transmit buffer sent with pcap_sendqueue_transmit could cause a buffer overflow and crash the OS.
· Disabled tracing in the driver (it was left on by mistake in the previous release of WinPcap).
· Added the missing export pcap_free_datalinks.
· Do not show the installation panel with the OS info.
· Small fix to the documentation regarding WDK.
October 21st, 2009
· This release fixes a bug in the installer of WinPcap 4.1. The binaries were not digitally signed, thus preventing the WinPcap driver from working on Vista/2008/Win7/2008R2 x64.
March 9th, 2007
· Added support for Vista x64 by digitally signing all the binaries of the WinPcap distribution.
· Better error handling in the installer - if the installation of the Microsoft Network Monitor Driver (NetMon) fails.
· Improved the documentation layout and readability - updated the style sheet and migrated to Doxygen 1.5.1.