New in version 1.6 Beta 1
May 25th, 2015
- Added support for Windows Vista/7/8 and above sources larger than 4 GB and FAT32 for EFI compatibility- credits. In other words, now is possible to use FAT32 formatted USB drive and add larger than 4 GB source, say Windows 10, to be able to boot in EFI mode. As this is new feature not yet fully tested, the first version is released as a beta. Any feedback is appreciated.
New in version 1.5 (May 11th, 2015)
- added Windows 10 support
- small bug fixes
New in version 1.4 (March 28th, 2014)
- added better handling of illegal characters for Linux/Other ISO source file name
- added advanced option for adding persistence partition for Linux sources. Each source has its own persistence space associated with it
- added better handling for Kon-Boot, source is to be added as ISO file using the Linux/Other ISO option
- added advanced option to add custom folder with boot critical drivers for NT6 sources (Vista and later). These drivers are added in boot.wim and loaded with DrvLoad before start of Setup, scratch space is increased accordingly. Only drivers for present devices will are loaded. Use it to add USB, SATA/SCSI or Chipset/USB drivers for example. Loaded drivers will be staged and available to the OS being installed. For non boot-critical drivers (Lan, WLan, Video etc.), have a look here
- added internal check for NT6 sources with multiple boot.wim, only default osloader entry in BCD store and the corresponding boot.wim will be added
- fixed errors when USB disk was initially prepared with the auto-format option, and on next run of the program it may complain about missing MBR and partition table
New in version 1.3 (January 10th, 2014)
- Fixed bug when adding NT6 source with missing new line feeds in WinPEshl.ini
- Fixed handling of NT6 sources with install.esd
- Fixed bug with NT6 sources with EFI directory but no BCD file in it
- Added Ei.cfg and CVersion.ini Removal Utilities in \tools\winisoutils directory should one needs those files removed from the NT6 source ISO file
- WimLib updated to version 1.6.0 for compatibility with new WIM formats
New in version 1.2 (December 23rd, 2013)
- Fixed bug where program running on Windows localized in other than English language would not add NT6 source
- Improved handling when program is placed and run from directories which contain special characters- `~@#$%^&()-+=,; Single quote – ‘ is not supported in program directory path and there is a check for that
- Added an advanced option for NT6 (Vista and later) sources to add Q-Dir File Explorer, which starts before Setup. This is useful to quickly browse disk contents and backup and restore files before launching Setup, rather than booting first in another OS to perform the same task. When Q-Dir is closed, Setup starts.
- BootIce updated to version 220.127.116.11
New in version 1.1 (December 10th, 2013)
- (U)EFI support for Windows Vista x64 SP1 and later 64 bits Windows. USB disk must be formatted in FAT32 as per EFI specifications to boot under EFI. To prepare USB disk running the program under Windows XP or 2003, which do not include bcdedit.exe, an active internet connection must be present in order to download it
- Firadisk driver is now added to each XP 32 bits source, bit disabled by default. A new option in DPMS and custom F6 floppy menus activates it. This should help loading SATA/AHCI/RAID drivers from virtual floppy on problematic machines
- NT6 sources boot menus are now handled by BOOTMGR
- fixed recognition of Windows 8.1 sources which contain INSTALL.ESD instead of INSTALL.WIM
- added check in boot menu for Linux sources to warn if PLoP is loaded. Linux sources would not work with PLoP loaded as it supports only read mode
- removed the ZIP archive as it seems some users tend to launch the program directly from the Windows zip folder view, rather than extracting all files and folders. A self extracting SFX archive is added instead
- updated wimlib to 1.5.3
- various small bug fixes
New in version 1.0 Beta 8 (May 7th, 2012)
- added an option for Auto-format, using FBinst internally. This will delete all partitions and create a single one on the target USB disk, use with care
- added an option for Auto-detect and use SATA/RAID/SCSI F6 drivers during XP/2003/2000 Setup thanks to DPMS by Chenall. The boot entry is optional and has to be selected once before booting First part of Setup
- added an option to include a floppy image with F6 SATA/RAID/SCSI drivers during XP/2003/2000 Setup. The boot entry is optional and has to be selected once before booting First part of Setup
- working USB to USB install thanks to WaitBT driver by Shao Miller
- added an option for creating a "kicker" ISO for Vista/7/8/Server 2008 Setup, thus avoiding possible setup failures
- added another debug option for Vista/7/8/Server 2008 Setup, shifting hard disk possitions, thus avoiding possible other setup failures
- added an option for custom folder name and boot menu entry for XP/2003/2000 Setup
- aded an option for adding and using custom NTDETECT.COM in otrder to avoid possible BSOD 0x0000007B on some machines:
- fixed partial GUI freezes during large file copy, e.g. install.wim
- fixed bug where changes occur in the small ISO for XP/2003/2000 Setup leading to errors at start of Text mode
- added USB monitor function to refresh list if USB disks when disk is connected or disconnected
- updated versions of the included programs and tools, QEMU should now support booting Vista/7/Server 2008 x64 versions too
- various small bug fixes and improvements
New in version 1.0 Beta 7 (January 4th, 2011)
- fixed issues on some new systems when XP/2000/2003 Setup hangs during text mode
- fixed grub4dos menu.lst entries when detecting the number of hard drives connected
- fixed custom boot menu titles input box when adding multiple similar XP/2000/2003 sources
- grub4dos, included tools and programs updated
- fixed issue with incorrectly detecting if source is Windows 2000
- flushing USB disk write cache is now performed internally, rather than using external programs
New in version 1.0 Beta 6 (June 15th, 2010)
- fixed bug in the created menu.lst when adding PartedMagic/Ubuntu variants or other ISOs
New in version 1.0 Beta 5 (June 15th, 2010)
- added option to display all connected disks in case one needs to prepare eSATA etc. drives.
- improved detection of USB disks at start of GUI mode in case of 2000 / XP / 2003 setup
- added support for adding Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu ISOs
- added option for shared BTS OEM folder if several sources need to share same OEM folder. Use tooltip for info.
- experimental option to prepare source to be installed on USB, to be tested further.
- better handling in case 2000/XP/2003 install is on machine with 2 or more internal disks
- at start of GUI mode, after own setup.exe and setup.cmd are finished, setup.exe from th esource is executed, no matter another fake or the original one. Thus BTS presetup.cmd for example is executed by it's fake setup.exe.
- added option not to check for and install grub4dos MBR. One would have to take care of chainloading grldr by other means.
- updated many of the included programs
New in version 1.0 Beta 4 (June 15th, 2010)
- fixed issue with non English versions of Windows XP/2003
- fixed bug when program directory is on the same USB disk and partition which is being prepared
- removed dependencies on Windows Scripting Host, in case it's broken.
- BootIce, Grub4Dos, SysLinux, RMPrepUSB updated to the latest versions
New in version 1.0 Beta 3 (June 15th, 2010)
- migrate.inf is generated internally based on PNP Id in case of removable or DosDevices values if fixed type, now USB disk letters should be fixed to U,V,W,X if preparing on Vista and above. Drive letters are U,V,W,X for each primary partition, in case of USB stick- U,V and W are for 6,7 and 8 &ParrentID&0:
- log box for keeping an eye what's happening
- BTS' presetup.cmd is merged into setup.cmd
- cmd window at start of GUI is now hidden
- grub4dos menu entries polished
- various other fixes
New in version 1.0 Beta 2 (June 15th, 2010)
- using completely different procedure for the setup, only one boot from USB required, boot.ini problems solved, hence no "HAL.DLL missing" etc. errors.
- no files are deleted in all versions of Windows, no matter USB hard disk or stick
- XP/2000/2003 setup can be placed on any primary partition. Multiple setups are supported, up to 99 per partition.
- PLoP boot manager added by default. Useful to speed up USB boot process on machines supporting boot on USB 1.1 and lower speeds only.