June 12th, 2013
· New: Added the possibility to copy the filename in the clipboard when the user clicks on the filename in a notification. Open file location was moved to the program icon, so pressing on the program icon will open the file location folder.
· New: When the user recreates the recommended rules there is no result dialog to inform the user if the action was completed or not. Now, a new confirmation is displayed.
· Updated: WFC recommended rules for Windows Store in Windows 8 was updated.
· Fixed: A new notification is not displayed if the Location is changed and there is a rule which blocks other Locations. For example, if a browser is allowed for Domain location only and the user switches to Public location, then the browser is blocked without displaying a new notification.
· Fixed: The default rule for the WFC updater is not the correct one on a clean install, only when the user chooses to recreate WFC recommended rules from the Rules tab.
· Fixed: When exporting a policy file it does not overwrite a file with the same name even if the confirmation dialog says that the new file was successfully saved.
· Fixed: When importing a policy file the profile is switched to Low Filtering and the notifications are set to disabled. These two settings are left now like they were before the import.
· Fixed: Update dialog result does not show in the center of the Control Panel
· window if Manage Rules window is opened.
May 25th, 2013
· Fixed: Removed the lag that appears when setting a new profile from Control Panel
· window. However, the profile is fully changed when the icon is updated.
· Fixed: The service fails to start if another WCF service uses localhost as endpoint
· making the service impossible to start.
· Fixed: The GUI (wfc.exe) crashes if the service is not available and it can't
· connect in the default 30 seconds timeout.
· Fixed: "Click here to activate" button remains active in Notifications tab even if
· the program is in locked state.
· Fixed: "Windows Firewall Control 4" button gets disabled when the program is in
· locked state even if it does not affect any setting of the program.
· Fixed: The default rule for the WFC updater was changed to the new hosting server.
May 23rd, 2013
· New: Added the possibility to change the default black theme to any color. Just go to the Options tab and choose your preferred color.
· New: Added a new column for Process ID in Recently Blocked window.
· Fixed: The notification sound does not play on the first show of a notification dialog.
· Fixed: The unlock does not work as it should.
May 23rd, 2013
· New: Added the possibility to change the default black theme to any color. Just
· go to the Options tab and and choose your preffered color.
· New: Added a new column for Process ID in Recently Blocked window.
· Fixed: The notification sound does not play on the first show of a notification
May 20th, 2013
· New: The main window was redesigned from scratch to be more user friendly and
· intuitive. Now this view can be resized and has a better support for translated
· strings. All features were reorganized.
· New: Multiple instances of the notification dialog were removed. Instead, when
· a new notification is generated while an existing one is already displayed on the
· screen, it will be added to the existing dialog and the user can navigate through
· all of them very easy.
· New: All icons were redesigned from scratch and the entire visual identity of the
· program was updated.
· New: A custom installer was created. The file wfc.exe is not the installer anymore.
· Also, a new updater and a new uninstaller were created. The new uninstaller can be
· now translated as well.
· New: Added support for defining subnet masks when setting the remote addresses for
· a rule. For example, you can now define as remote addresses: 192.168.0.100/255.0.0.0
· New: The notification timeout can be now set by the user from 0 up to 999 seconds.
· New: Better integration in all views and dialogs with long translation strings.
· New: A lot of new messages were added in the interaction with the user to improve
· the usability of the program and the understanding of it.
· Updated: The translation file can have any name now. The program will auto search
· for *.lng files in the program folder and will load the first *.lng file found.
· Fixed: Profile is not syncronized in the Control Panel window if it is opened and
· the user changes the profile from the system tray context menu.
· Fixed: The notifications are not displayed on screen if the user is logged to the
· computer via Remote Desktop Connection.
· Fixed: Columns order is not restored on reopening of Manage Rules window.
· Fixed: Rules from Temporary Rules group are automatically deleted on service
· restart instead of the program restart.
April 8th, 2013
· Fixed: RPC-EPMap predefined port value is not recognized when editing a rule,
· making the rule unavailable for editing.
· Fixed: Various logic improvements for faster loading of the program.
April 3rd, 2013
· Fixed: Profiles and Manage Rules context menu items are enabled in the tray icon after restart of the program, even if the program is locked with a password. This happens if the user uses first the right click on the tray icon.
· Fixed: The program crashes if the user presses on the "Check this file" button in Recently Blocked view on a connection generated by "System".
· Fixed: "Please use the refresh button" message appears in Manage Rules if the user switches from a data grid without items to a datagrid with items.
· Fixed: "Create new rule" tab buttons remain disabled until the user changes the selection again in Recently Blocked window, after the user creates a new rule.
March 26th, 2013
· New: Added support for selecting IGMP, IPv6 and GRE protocols in Properties dialog when a rule is configured.
· Improved: Added the possibility to recreate the system recommended rules without reinstalling the program. On the Policy tab, press on the Restore Default text.
· Fixed: If the user unchecks "Disable the ability of other..." checkbox, creates a rule from WFwAS, and then enables back this feature, the rule from WFwAS is deleted, even if it was created while this feature was disabled.
· Fixed: The layout of Location items was changed in Properties dialog of a rule to fit long translation strings for some languages.
March 21st, 2013
· Fixed: Duplicate notifications are displayed if the user creates a block rule which contains one or more remote IPv4 ranges.
· Fixed: Duplicate notifications are displayed if the user defines a remote port range for a block rule.
· Fixed: Some remote IPv6 variations are not properly validated in editing rule window.
· Now it is possible to set something like: fe80::/64, 2001::/128, etc.
· Improved: Various logic improvements.
March 13th, 2013
· New: An Advanced options tab for the Rules tab was added. The user can now choose to which location applies a newly created rule: Domain, Private, Public or any combination of these three.
· Improved: Reduced the assembly size with 10% by removing obsolete resources.
· Improved: Various small code optimizations were made to increase the speed.
· Improved: The Profiles column from Manage Rules window was renamed to Location to avoid confusions with the profiles used in the Profiles tab of the program.
· Improved: New logging items were added in order to find problems that may appear on some computers.
· Fixed: Manage Rules window crashes the program on loading if the operating
· system is not installed on the C:\ drive.
· Fixed: The program can't Exit if the service is not found and can't be started.
· Fixed: The activation system was changed. The updater can't update the activation status anymore due to incompatibility between the activation systems. If you use the updater, the program must be activated again with a new activation code based on the new activation scheme. Please log in into your registered user account to get a new activation code based on the new activation scheme.
March 10th, 2013
· Fixed: Program crashes when the user browses for a file to create a new rule.
· Fixed: Notifications system gets disabled when the user uninstalls the program
· and chooses to keep current settings.
March 8th, 2013
· New: The notification window position is now saved on window closing and restored on the next reopening.
· Fixed: Program crashes if the user chooses to "Open file location" in Manage Rules window for a connection generated by System.
· Fixed: When the Rules tab is set to create "Outbound and inbound rules", the
· description of the inbound rule contains "Outbound" instead of "Inbound".
· Improved: The service loading time was reduced with 90% by using a different mechanism of reading of the initial set of data.
· Improved: The program can now reconnect to the service in case the communication channel gets in faulted state, without needing to restart the program.
· Improved: Various parts of the code were improved to increase the execution speed of the program.
February 19th, 2013
· Fixed: Columns visibility in Manage Rules is not restored properly. If the user hides some columns, on reopening they appear all, including the hidden ones
· Improved: When searching for invalid rules or for specific rules in Manage Rules window, only the results will be displayed instead of highlighting them
· Improved: The startup time of the application was reduced due to refactoring of the code and alternative way that initializes the program
· Improved: Some unused functionality which is not needed anymore was removed and the code was improved in several parts by including more speedful code
February 15th, 2013
· Fixed: User settings are not persisted if the user uses the updater to update to a new version: Manage Rules position, columns order and visibility, etc.
· Fixed: The recommended rules from the previous version prevented Windows Update to check for new updates.
· Fixed: When the user checks for updates, the download complete message appears before finishing the download and if the user tries to execute the file, it is still incomplete.
· Fixed: The result dialog after creating a new rule from the Control Panel is
· displayed randomly on the screen instead of the Control Panel window.
· Improved: When creating a new rule, the file name is displayed in front of the name from the assembly. They were switched for a better readability.
February 10th, 2013
· Fixed: The F5 message doesn't display/hide like it should in Manage Rules window.
· Fixed: The program crashes on exit if the user has not set any global hokey.
· Fixed: Removed some unneeded dependencies.
· Updated: By default, at installation the global hotkeys are not set anymore. The
· user has to set them manually.
January 27th, 2013
· Updated: The notification dialog was updated to not steal the focus. It will be
· still displayed on top of other windows, but if you use a text editor or other
· program you will not be interrupted anymore.
· New: The columns visibility in Manage Rules can now be set from the a context menu
· placed on the columns header.
· New: The order and the visibility of the columns in Manage Rules window will be
· saved on window closing and automatically restored on window loading.
· Improved: Removed some obsolete checks from the notifications system to improve the
· speed of the notifications.
· Fixed: The Akamai rule was updated to avoid conflicts with Windows Update.
· Removed: The full access for all users in the installation folder was removed.
January 21st, 2013
· Fixed: When pressing on the search button in the "Search for executable files..." the application crashes.
· Updated: Small layout fixes to improve the readability of the translated strings from the language files.
January 19th, 2013
· Fixed: Up to 20 seconds delay can occur when showing notifications, because of the checking of the digital signature. This function was removed from the service and it will be done in a different thread directly in the notification dialog after displaying it. Finally, notifications without major delays.
· Fixed: Switching a rule from Inbound to Outbound from the rule properties window doesn't work.
· Fixed: Notifications for svchost.exe and System appear after returning from sleep state even if there are rules that block all connections for them.
· New: Added new translated strings in the program. The new language files are
· available for download on the website.
January 14th, 2013
· New: Added support to new strings to be translated, especially for the Activation
· Fixed: The language file is not loaded if the program is started from the shortcut because the startup folder is not the same as the program folder. This was fixed.
· Fixed: On uninstallation, after the user presses on the Uninstall button, the
· checkboxes remain enabled and the user can change the options and can break the uninstall process.
January 13th, 2013
· New: Added multiple languages support. Visit the following page to find more
· about the new feature: http://binisoft.org/wfc.php
· Fixed: "Disable the ability of other programs to add firewall rules" doesn't
· work until the user opens the first time the main window of the program.
· Fixed: Locking feature didn't work in the previous version.
December 24th, 2012
· Improved: The singleton pattern was changed and the program can be now executed in multiple instances on different user accounts. This resolves the problem with the Fast User Switching and Remote Desktop Connection.
· Improved: The size of the program was reduced (20%) and the internal encryption algorithm was also changed to improve the execution speed of the program.
· Improved: The search algorithm of executable files was improved to increase the searching speed of executable files in a folder.
· Fixed: A notification dialog will close automatically if it is displayed under
· another notification dialog and the timer goes to 0. From now on, if the user hovers the mouse on a notification dialog, the time out will be removed for all the active notifications.
· Fixed: Some binding problems and a few possible NullReferenceException were fixed to increase the execution speed of the program.
December 19th, 2012
· New: High Filtering profile was updated to cut off all the inbound connections too. Now, when switching to High Filtering profile, all inbound and outbound connections will be blocked, no matter what rules are defined. All connections are blocked.
· Fixed: The rules created automatically by High Filtering profile can be duplicated or modified if the user uses the Enter key.
· Fixed: Cleaned up some obsolete code.
December 18th, 2012
· New: Added support to check the program file on VirusTotal from the notification dialog. This will not upload the file. It will check the results for the same file based on the SHA256 hash of the file.
· Fixed: The current selection will moves on the next row in Manage Rules if the user presses on the Enter key.
· Fixed: PageUp and PageDown don't work in Manage Rules on some scenarios.
· Fixed: Validation fails and the save of a rule doesn't work when a rule is edited and the user has empty spaces in the input text boxes.
December 13th, 2012
· New: Added support to display icons in the Manage Rules datagrid. This option can be toggled by using the new checkbox from the column name.
· New: Added support to display icons in "Create new rules from..." window, to improve the readability.
· New: Added new action on the tooltip for the remote IP address in the notification window. Now, the user can check the IP through ipvoid.com with one click.
· New: The tooltips have a mouse image with the possible mouse gestures available.
· Fixed: The user can change the profile from the notify icon context menu even if the program is locked with a password.
· Improved: The responsiveness of the notifications was improved by refactoring the code.
· Improved: A lot of code was changed to improve the speed of the program, so this is a major update regarding the logic of the program.
November 24th, 2012
· New: Added new menu item in the context menu of a rule to allow rule duplication.
· Multiple rules duplication is supported.
· New: Added support for creating a temporary block rule from the notification dialog. In this way, a new notification will not be displayed for the same program until the user will restart WFC and the list with temporary rules will be cleared again.
· New: Added support for the following keywords when the user modifies the remote address of a rule in Manage Rules: "LocalSubnet", "DefaultGateway", "DNS", "DHCP", "WINS".
· Updated: When the user filters the rules in Manage Rules, the rules that are in the Temporary Rules group are considered from this version user created rules.
November 17th, 2012
· New: Added support for creating a temporary rule from the notification dialog with one single mouse click.
· New: Profiles menu in the context menu of the system tray icon.
· New: Added support for creating and modyfing rules for *.scr file extension. Some screen savers connect to the Internet and display various info.
· Fixed: The profile syncronization is lost if the user modifies the profile from Windows Firewall or from other source. The syncronization is done from this version on every mouse click on the notify icon.
· Fixed: The installer crashes if it is executed with limited rights on a computer where WFC was not previous installed.
November 13th, 2012
· New: The installer and the updater were rewritten to include a logging feature to
· track down the possible errors that may occur during the installation or the update.
· Fixed: The installer can't continue if it can't save the backup policy file restore.dat. This file is used at uninstallation to restore the previous set of rules if the user chooses to revert to the state beforehand installing the program.
· Fixed: The uninstaller of the program does not work if the Windows Firewall
· Control Service is not available or if the uninstall key from Windows Registry was deleted accidentally.
· Fixed: Shell Integration state is recognized properly.
· Fixed: Tray icon is not properly set after importing a policy if the previous
· profile was not Low Filtering.
· Fixed: Some default inbound rules from can't be modified because they use special keywords instead of port numbers as local ports. Example: RPC, Teredo, etc.
· Fixed: The program crashes on Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 if the user clicks on the Export Policy button because the GUI is not available. This happens if the program has the option "Disable visual themes" checked in the Compatibility tab.
November 6th, 2012
· New: Added support for Fast User Switching. This applies to the first login of a user. If the users switches back to another logged user, the program must be started manually. Use the desktop shortcut or use Ctrl+R, type "wfc" and press Enter key.
· New: Added support for creating and editing rules for *.dll files.
· New: Added support for launching the GUI with command line parameters. Useful for systems where the taskbar and system tray are not available. Use "wfc.exe -cp" to start the Control Panel or "wfc.exe -mr" to launch the Manage Rules window.
· New: Added support to modify the timeout of a notification or even to disable the timeout.
· New: Added support to play a custom sound when a new notification is generated. Only PCM wav files are supported.
· New: The Display and Filter combo boxes from Manage Rules don't save the values when the window is closed.
· Fixed: When modifying a rule the service name is not recognized in the Services combo box.
· Fixed: Various GUI fixes and few improvements in the Windows service component.
October 16th, 2012
· New: Shortcut in the application paths. You can call Run and simply execute "wfc".
· Fixed: When setting the profile to High Filtering and reopening the main WFC window, the profile slider does not recognize the new profile.
· Fixed: The uninstaller can't delete wfc.exe from the installation folder. If the program is installed in the default suggested folder, the entire folder will be deleted, otherwise only the executable file will be deleted at uninstallation.
· Fixed: "Check if a new version is available" does not work for unregistered users.
· Updated: From this version, the installer will copy the file wfc.exe in the installation folder instead of moving it. In this way the original file is kept also in the source folder. Also, the file can be freely renamed from this version. The file that will be installed it will still be wfc.exe but the user can have a copy renamed, for example wfc188.8.131.52.exe, in another folder.
October 3rd, 2012
· Fixed: A second notification can not be displayed for the a program for the same
· port if a rule that allow this port already exists.
· Fixed: Context menu can be opened in Manage Rules window even if a rule is not
· Fixed: The height of the description text box for a rule in the Rule Properties
· window, does not occupy all the available space.
· Updated: The error validation template has been changed for the text boxes.
September 29th, 2012
· Fixed: Start with Windows does not work because of the wrong path in the shortcut.
· Fixed: Main Window fails to display properly if the DPI is changed. This happens because the window saves the size. When reloading on a different DPI setting this size setting is obsolete and should be reset.
· Improved: The CPU usage on the Windows service was reduced by disabling the read of system events when profile is not set to Medium Filtering.
September 29th, 2012
· Fixed: Profile slider is set to "No Filtering" on some situations even if the profile is set properly. This occurs on the reopen of the Main Window.
· Fixed: In some situations the same notification may be displayed for multiple times for the same blocked connection.
· Fixed: User can right click on the columns headers in Manage Rules and the rule context menu appears. The context menu should not be displayed for the columm header.
· Fixed: Manage Rules does not close on middle mouse button click like other windows do. Now every window can be closed by pressing on the scroll wheel.
· Fixed: Notifications not showing in some scenarios on Windows Vista.
· New: Added support to create new rules for *.bin and *.setup files. In the past the only accepted extension was *.exe. Some programs use *.bin file or *.setup file extensions for their updaters.
· New: Main Window can save and restore the placement on the desktop.
· New: Removed dependency to "TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper" service for the notification system.
· From this version, Learning Mode will work properly even if this service is disabled.
September 24th, 2012
· New: Notification sound option in the Options tab. This will generate a sound when a new notification is generated and this option is enabled. Useful for Metro applications because notifications are displayed on the desktop.
· New: The GUI was redesigned to use standard window chrome instead of the skinned one.
· It seems that the fading effects, the custom windows that use transparency effects, the custom title bars, all the graphical enhancements, consume a lot of CPU and memory and make the program unresponsive on older systems.
· New: Importing and exporting the policy will use *.wfw files, like the Windows Firewall uses, instead of compressed *.wfc files.
· Improved: The scrolling in Manage Rules is now smoother by using proper virtualizing options.
· Improved: Memory usage was improved by 30%. All windows are recycled and the memory usage drops after GC.
· Improved: Various visual enhancements that offers a better view of the current state of the program.
September 24th, 2012
· Improved: Memory consumption was reduced by removing singleton pattern from "Manage Rules" window. In this way the resources that are used by this view are released on window close.
· This view is recreated every time but it is also disposed every time.
· Improved: Memory consumption was reduced due to programatically calls to Garbage Collector in some critical points of the program's logic. This allows a better memory management.
· New: The windows that support resizing can now be resized from the right and bottom borders. In the previous versions the only way to resize these windows was the bottom-right corner.
· New: Minimize buttons were added to "Manage Rules" and "Create new rules mfrom..." windows.
· Fixed: "Manage Rules" does not close and does not disappear from taskbar if it is maximized.
· Fixed: The position and size of "Manage Rules" window are not saved properly on some systems.
· Fixed: Windows of WFC appear without names in Task Manager.
· Removed: The dependency to Workstation service was removed. The notifications system works from now on without needing of this service to be enabled. "DNS Client" and "TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper" are still required to resolve the IP and ports.
· Removed: The fade in and fade out effects were removed from "Manage Rules" to improve the loading time.
September 24th, 2012
· New: The default font used in the application was changed from Segoe to MS Sans Serif. The Segoe font was causing display errors on Windows versions that use asian fonts.
· Updated: "Create new rules from..." where the user can search in a specific folder for executable files is now available for all users.
· Updated: The user interface was reworked to display properly with the new font on all DPI settings.
September 24th, 2012
· New: Learning Mode has now 4 modes.
· High - Corresponds to the old Learning Mode enabled + notifications for System and Svchost.exe.
· Medium - Corresponds to the old Learning Mode enabled
· Low - This is a new one. Digitally signed applications are allowed silently and
· notifications are displayed only for unsigned applications.
· Disabled - all notifications are disabled
· New: Main window can be closed with ESC key.
· Fixed: Duplicate notifications can appear when Learning Mode is enabled and PeerBlock or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware are used.
· Updated: On application exit, the the window position and state is saved for Manage Rules window and restored at restart.
· Updated: Default size of Manage Rules window was reduced to display properly on lower resolutions. Now, the default size is 600x600. After resizing, the new size will be remembered.
· Updated: Manage Rules window is displayed again in the taskbar when it is opened.
September 24th, 2012
· New: All windows of the progrm can be closed by pressing the middle mouse button, anywhere, on any window. This can be also achieved with Esc key.
· New: All textboxes where the user can input data has now a clear field button.
· Fixed: Notifications are displayed if Learning Mode is enabled and the program is is in locked state. When the program is in locked state, the notifications should not be displayed.
· Fixed: "Click to allow" and "Click to block" don't work when they are launched from Manage Rules window.
· Fixed: "Delete" key does not work to remove selected rules from Manage Rules window.
· Fixed: The program crashes when a different user from another user account tries to start the program while it is already running on another user account. This happens when multiple users are logged in at the same time, when fast user switching feature is used. Instead of crashing, the second instance will display a message to the user.
· Fixed: Standard user accounts which don't have access permissions to the folder where the program is installed can't start the program until they manually set their rights. This is done now automatically by the installer.
· Fixed: Manage Rules window can't be opened on a second retry if it was closed with ALT+F4 first time. The same applies to the main window interface.
· Fixed: Editing Rule window does not close on some systems after Apply button is pressed, even if the changes are saved.
· Fixed: Starting the uninstall while the program is in locked state shows the
· uninstaller window. If the program is in locked state, this call should be ignored.
September 24th, 2012
· New: "Create new rules from..." where the user can search in a specific folder
· for executable files. From the list of executable files that were found, the user can select one or multiple items and then he can create new rules for the selected executable files. The searching is made through all subfolders of the root folder that is specified by the user. This feature is available only for registered users.
· New: Left click on the program's icon in the system tray will show the main interface like until now. Right click will show "Manage Rules".
· Updated: The installer was updated to log all possible errors that may occur at installation, leaving the program in an undeterminate state.
· Improved: Memory consumption was improved by reutilizing of the same window for "Manage Rules" instead of creating a new one everytime when it is displayed.
· Updated: "Manage Rules" window has now the same look and feel like the other windows of the program.
September 24th, 2012
· New: Lock feature is now available for all users.
· Fixed: Random errors in wfc.exe at system reboot appeared in the last version because of calls to user32.dll. The usage of user32.dll to handle windows appearance was removed. The base windows of the program were recreated by using pure WPF controls and were rewritten from scratch.
· Removed: Sticky windows feature introduced in the last version was removed due to generation of crashes on some computers.
· New: FadeIn and FadeOut effects on the windows are now possible and are active.
· Updated: The control box of the main window (lock, minimize, close) was rewritten.
July 22nd, 2012
· New: Context menu was added in Manage Rules window. It contains items from the right panel. (focus)
· New: Main window of the program can be moved across the screen. It sticks to the desktop edges and the taskbar, like Winamp does. Also, it won't close itself anymore when the user clicks outside of it.
· New: Main window contains a new button which minimizes the program to system tray. The same result can be achieved if the user double clicks on the main window.
· Updated: The notification window was reworked. (see the screenshot).
· Fixed: Shortcut to Resource Monitor does not work in Windows Vista. (puff-m-d)
· Fixed: Notifications sometimes appear even if the profile is set to High Filtering, where all notifications should be disabled.
· Fixed: Some windows can be maximized, when they shouldn't.
May 8th, 2012
· New: The program has now two components: wfc.exe (GUI) and wfcs.exe (Windows Service)
· New: Administrative privileges are no more required to run the program because all the tasks are done by the WFCS service under LocalSystem account. Elevated privileges are still required at installation or update
· New: Multiple rules can have the same name
· New: Multiple selection in Manage Rules is supported
· New: Multiple deletion in Manage Rules is supported
· New: The state of Manage Rules is saved on close and restored on reopen
· New: Editing of a rule in Manage Rules supports the adding of a description
· New: A notification alert allows the user to choose a rule name before create the new rule
· New: Validations of the parameters of a new rule are made before it's creation
· New: Selection of multiple executable files from the same folder is now allowed. In this way a user can create multiple firewall rules, all together, for programs which require to allow/block multiple executable files
· New: Learning Mode has a new item: "Enable notifications for system applications". If this one is checked you will receive notifications including for "System" and "svchost.exe". If this remains unchecked you will receive notifications only for other programs
· Improved: Learning Mode can remember the blocking rules previously created. If a user creates a rule to block something, he won't be notified again for the same connection
· Improved: Start with Windows does not use Task Scheduler anymore
· Improved: Lock feature does not rely on GroupPolicy anymore or Windows Registry entries
· Improved: When searching for invalid rules, if they are found, they are automatically selected
· Improved: Due to the use of Windows Presentation Foundation, the program has no more problems with the scaling on high DPI settings
May 8th, 2012
· New: Selection of multiple executable files from the same folder is now permitted. In this way a user can create multiple firewall rules, all together, for programs which require to allow/block multiple executable files.
· Update: Last browsed folder is now remembered.
· Fixed: The new executable file runs in 64bit mode on 64bit operating systems. The Task Manager from 64bit operating systems will display correctly "wfc.exe" instead of "wfc.exe *32".
· Fixed: Lock feature works now on 64bit operating systems.
October 21st, 2011
· New: Notifications of "Learning Mode" display if a file is digitally signed or not, or if the certificate is not valid.
· New: Notifications of "Learning Mode" show the icon of the program notified.
· New: Notifications of "Learning Mode" alert the user if a program contains recommendations (currently only for the most used internet browsers).
· New: Added support for "Learning Mode" for Windows installations that are in greek language (el-GR).
· New: "Allow Program" and "Block Program" options from the program menu, will create a new rule on mouse click on the program window or the shortcut of the desired program. No more browsing for a executable program on your harddisk.
· New: The setup program include a new check box, "Create rules for system items (recommended)" which will create rules to allow: wfc.exe (Check for Updates feature), svchost.exe (Windows Update, MSE Antivirus, etc) and System (ping.exe, tracert.exe, etc).
· Improved: The program is executed again in real x64 mode, resolving the problems of the previous version on 64bit systems.
· Improved: Added a new button on About window, which generates a debug log file on the user desktop and is used to trace the program problems. This replaces the "-debug" parameter.
· Improved: The loading time at runtime was decreased, also the file size.
March 1st, 2011
· Improved memory usage.
· Reduced the size of the application executable by 50%.
· Fixed some unhandled exceptions, that were occurring in some usage scenarios.
· Start with Windows, will run the program with administrative privileges, for all administrator accounts
June 3rd, 2010
· Added new menu which allows the user to import/export/restore firewall policies.