New in version 7.0.592
August 2nd, 2014
- New professional style:
- You can now select a ‘Professional’ or ‘Creative’ style for your iMindMap maps. To start creating a Mind Map with the new professional style, select the ‘Professional’ option next to the central idea picker when starting a new map.
- Alternatively, if you want to change the style of your current or saved Mind Maps, navigate to the top toolbar, select style, and select the ‘Professional’ option.
- New central images:
- We’ve added 19 new central images in this update and all are available under the ‘Business’ tab of the central idea picker.
- To change an existing central idea, simply right click on the image and select ‘Edit Central Idea’.
New in version 7.0 (November 19th, 2013)
- Integration with DropTask
- Branch Art
- The New Editor
- Better presentations – less effort
- New Skins
- New Maps & Contacts areas
- Faster loading time
- More 3D environments
- More Central Images
New in version 6.0.1 (October 26th, 2012)
- iMindMap has been injected with an enormous shot of creativity for 6. We’ve made everything more visually stunning, to help stimulate your creative juices; streamlined, to get out of your way when you’re thinking; and flexible, so you can illustrate your ideas, your way. From the new Map Snippets and Flowcharts to the reimagined 3D View and Presentations, iMindMap 6 will inspire your thinking and fuel your creativity.
- 3D is no longer just about looking fantastic, now you can create maps just as you would in 2D. Draw branches and relationships from the new 3D branch target, use the Branch Editor for fast mapping, pan around the screen using your mouse and grab the new 3D joystick to tilt and angle the view.
- 3D View in iMindMap 6 is like the Sistine Chapel to 5’s crayon scrawl. With brand new 3D central images and stunning 3D backgrounds to choose from, your maps will come to life in a whole new environment.
- We’ve made creating maps smoother, faster and more flexible in iMindMap 6. Waste no time getting started with our faster start up times. Our brand new Branch Target is designed with different sections that you can draw branches, box branches or relationships from, without having to go up to the tool bar or use shortcut keys.
- Box branches have been jazzed up with a variety of new shapes and our Relationships can now be customised to look how you want in the new Format tool. Edit the formatting of individual words and letters on your canvas for more emphasis and you can even have organic and linear branches on the same map now that you can format each individual branch.
- We have introduced Flowcharts (Ultimate only) so you can incorporate processes directly into your maps. Switch between radiant Mind Mapping and sequential flowcharting to capture your ideas in the most effective way. Our new Multi-select feature allows you to group-select branches and objects in one simple gesture.
New in version 4.0.0 (June 19th, 2009)
- Create Stunning Presentations in Minutes Not Hours or Days:
- Now you can design, create and deliver dynamic presentations all from within iMindMap. Impress, inspire, and inform your audience in a way they will have never seen before. Standout and get your message remembered. Watch your Mind Maps smoothly animate and grow branch by branch. Wow your crowd by zooming in and out on branches, link direct to any files, websites or other Mind Maps, all from within your presentation. Want to link to a spreadsheet, document, or even another presentation - no problem. It takes just seconds. Never has it been so easy to create a professional presentation from start to finish. Say good bye to having to export to linear slide-show presentation tools. Now you can do it all from within iMindMap Ultimate.
- Keep the Creative Process Flowing - Never Forget a Thought:
- Mind Mapping is a fantastic way to quickly capture and generate ideas. Now we have added another dimension which makes capturing the underlying detail even quicker. Our new Audio Notes allows you to add verbal recordings directly to your branches without slowing your creative process. No longer are you forced to stop and ‘type’ your detail. Using the additional auto-record facility you now also have the freedom to continue drawing new branches and radiate your thoughts whilst in the background iMindMap listens to what you ‘say’ and records it for later review. Useful in group brainstorming sessions where lots of ideas are being captured - just click on a branch to hear what people were saying at the time the branch was created! Never forget an idea!
- NEW Box Branches - Additional Flexibility for Your Mind Maps:
- New to iMindMap 4.0, this feature offers the perfect solution for adding lots of information to a single branch. Ideal for those occasions when you cannot immediately think of a ‘single key word.’ Boxed branches allow you to capture your ideas as sentences allowing you to go back at a later date to refine them into more powerful single key words. Boxed branches are also useful when adding quotes, product names, processes or definitions to your Mind Map.
- Need to Edit Your Map in Text Mode? Now You Can:
- The revamped Text Mode allows interactive editing of your Mind Maps with ease. Fully edit any text, graphics, or links whilst in Text Outline Mode; these changes will then be incorporated within your Mind Map itself.
- Freeform Brainstorming - A Quick Fire Way of Capturing Lots of Ideas Fast:
- Want to capture lots of ideas quickly and add them to your Mind Map afterwards. Well, now you can! Using Freeform Brainstorming just press Alt-T and you can add any number of free floating ideas to your map. When you are ready to provide more structure to your thoughts simply drag the floating ideas on to any branch. Ideal for group brainstorming sessions where you wish to capture as many ideas as possible or when you don’t have the time to put them into a structured form immediately.
- Interface Enhancements - More Features, Less Buttons, Better Thinking:
- We set our development team an almost impossible mission for version 4.0 - provide more features with even fewer buttons! Unbelievably they managed it! Some may call the iMindMap interface too simple, we say that is exactly the point. We try and make it even simpler to use with every new release! iMindMap is first and foremost a ‘thinking tool’ and as such does not allow the ‘technology’ to get in the way of the ‘process.’ Our interface is specifically designed to enhance your ability to generate, create and capture your thoughts in the quickest most effective way. Check out the new branch pop up menus in 4.0 which offers you almost everything you need as soon as you select a branch. Remember, it’s not about how many buttons you can cram on to a screen, it is about how many thoughts and ideas you can generate that counts.
- Enhanced Word Import - Turn Your Documents into Mind Maps:
- For the first time you can convert any MS Word document into an organic Mind Map using our new MS Word Import feature. Now you can convert any text into the ultimate brain-friendly format: the Mind Map!
- Attaching Information to Branches Just Became Even Easier:
- iMindMap’s drag and drop capabilities have been completely redesigned. Drag files, text, images and web links directly onto your Mind Map. No longer do you have to copy and paste. Now simply select the files or links and drag them onto your branches. This allows you to link your thoughts with existing information in the fastest way possible.
- Intelligent Printing - Printing Big Maps Becomes Even Easier:
- At last! You now have an intelligent way to print out large maps. Say good bye to squinting at tiny ‘scaled to fit’ print-outs. No longer will you have to try and stick pages of tiled prints together to see the whole map. Now with iMindMap 4.0 enhanced printing you can choose to have your mind map printed as a series of main branches including an overall Mind Map. Everything is scaled perfectly. Now you can print out the ‘whole picture’ and ‘the detail’ with the press of a single button!
- Auto Branch Image - Let iMindMap Find the Right Image For You:
- The new Auto Branch Image Find feature links your branch to our massive online image library. Select your branch, click the ‘find image’ icon on the new branch pop up menu and iMindMap will automatically try and find appropriate images. Remember, every picture is worth a thousand words. Stimulate your creativity and at the same time use these visual links to improve your memory.
- Built in Tutorial - Get Started with Computer Based Mind Mapping Quicker Than Ever:
- iMindMap 4.0 includes an integrated walk through tutorial to help you open your eyes to a new way of thinking. Create your first Mind Map with your own interactive ‘in map’ guide and you will be up and running in no time! New video based tutorials and quick start guides are also available from our free and comprehensive resource centre.
- Improved Project Management System - Essential for anyone who needs to manage people or tasks:
- Create Mind Maps to scope projects then add your tasks, dates, predecessors, milestones and durations. Task progress icons are displayed within your Mind Map. View as a Gantt chart, spreadsheet or Mind Map. Tasks, milestones and contacts can be fully integrated with Outlook and you can also Export your work to Project.