New in version 22.214.171.124
October 17th, 2014
- This update includes many design and performance improvements that make iTunes easier and more enjoyable to use.
- Family Sharing. You can now share your purchases from iTunes, iBooks, and the App Store with up to six people in your family — without sharing accounts or passwords. To start sharing, setup your iCloud Family by choosing iCloud in System Preferences on OS X Yosemite or Settings on iOS 8.
- Faster access to all of your favorite media. iTunes now includes dedicated icons for music, movies, or TV shows, which make it easier to get to wherever you want to go in your library with a single click.
- Seamless browsing between Store and library. The iTunes Store is now a part of the music, movies, or TV shows views of your library — making it simple to jump between your personal collection and what’s new for each category in the Store.
- Recently Added. iTunes puts recently added albums, movies, or TV shows at the top of your library — making it effortless to find something new to play.
- Improved playlist editing. You can now see your full music library and playlists side-by-side, making it easy to browse your music and drag your favorite songs into any playlist.
- Improved Get Info. The all-new Get Info has been completely redesigned to focus your attention only on what’s necessary for the selected item.
New in version 126.96.36.199 (September 10th, 2014)
- iTunes 11.4 now supports the ability to sync your favorite music, movies, and more to devices with iOS 8.
New in version 188.8.131.52 (May 29th, 2014)
- This update fixes a problem where certain podcast episodes may download unexpectedly after upgrading and includes several stability improvements.
New in version 184.108.40.206 (May 16th, 2014)
- Improved Podcast Browsing:
- Quickly find episodes you haven’t listened to in the new Unplayed tab
- Browse episodes that are available to download or stream in the Feed tab
- Save your favorite episodes to keep them on your computer
- Episodes can now be automatically deleted after you play them
- This update also resolves an issue where iTunes may become unresponsive when updating Genius and improves overall performance and stability. Podcasts for iOS 2.1 or later is recommended when syncing podcast episodes.
New in version 220.127.116.11 (February 27th, 2014)
- This update resolves an issue with typing Japanese text in the iTunes Store and fixes a problem that may cause iTunes to quit unexpectedly when a device is connected.
New in version 18.104.22.168 (January 23rd, 2014)
- This version of iTunes adds the ability to see your Wish List while viewing your iTunes library, improves support for Arabic and Hebrew, and includes additional stability improvements.
New in version 22.214.171.124 (November 6th, 2013)
- This version of iTunes resolves an issue where the equalizer may not work as expected and improves performance when switching views in large iTunes libraries.
- This update also includes additional minor bug fixes.
New in version 126.96.36.199 (October 31st, 2013)
- iTunes Radio. iTunes Radio is a great new way to discover music. Choose from hundreds of stations or start a new one from your favorite artist or song. Enjoy iTunes Radio ad-free once you subscribe to iTunes Match.
- Genius Shuffle. Introducing a magical new way to experience your music library. Choose Genius Shuffle and iTunes instantly plays songs that go great together. Click it again to hear something new—enjoying your music has never been this easy.
- Podcast Stations. You can now create custom stations of your favorite podcasts that update automatically with new episodes. Your stations, subscriptions, and current play position sync over iCloud to the Podcasts app.
- Sync with iOS 7. You can now use iTunes to sync your favorite music, movies, and more to devices with iOS 7. In addition, iTunes now makes it even easier to quickly organize and sync apps to your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
New in version 188.8.131.52 (October 4th, 2013)
- This update resolves an issue that may cause iTunes Extras to display incorrectly, fixes a problem with deleted podcasts, and improves stability.