Softpedia Editor's Review for Anvi Smart Defender
Anti-malware, anti-spyware, adware, virus removal
Written by Alexandru Pintilie on May 16th, 2012
First thing first, the antivirus industry keeps popping new software almost everyday with many, if not most of them not being able to detect or remove obvious virus infested files. Dealing with all kinds of threats every single day, your computer's safety comes first as you may experience faulty stability and slow performance as well as data loss and theft.
Anvi Smart Defender has not been on the market for long now and while being young, it surpassed much older antivirus solutions in their category on Softpedia. It took only a few months to jump from the project state (Beta version) to RC (Release Candidate version) and ultimately to its final form. And in this particular order, its users embarked on a roller-coaster of experiences.
While many users make Anvi Smart Defender the sidekick of their usual antivirus solution and state that it works similar to Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, this changed since the final version of the software. Beta and RC seamlessly integrated into the system alongside most of the antivirus software and that was one of the strong points of this particularly better than average application.
Since the release of the `stable` iteration of the program, it became more hungry to be instated as the primary antivirus solution on your system. That's why a fair number of users start complaining about Anvi Smart Defender's brutal approach towards computer resources. By slowing down your OS, it's more likely to produce that kind of experience comparable to system infestation than providing the safe environment it brags about.
When using Anvi Smart Defender, you want to make sure that its detections are, indeed, malware contaminated files as it usually displays many false positives at the end of its scanning process. Wrapped up within a friendly GUI, this piece of software insists on delivering the necessary visual impact in order to quickly build a confident connection between its users and itself.
What it brings to the table is a Scan module with Quick, Full and Custom profiles, a Cloud Scan section to upload your files to scan servers on the Internet as well as a Guard zone with multiple options referring to Privacy, Startup, Process, Behavior or Files. It also packs optimization features with temporary and junk files clean up, unused or old registry entries removal, privacy and surfing trace sweeping, freeing up RAM or performing disk defragmentation.
The sum of all these features points towards an overall antivirus solution and not an application that can harmoniously work hand in hand with another program of its category. This happened in the first final release of Anvi Smart Defender and what it can be considered now is still the young and willing to rapidly rise up contender in the antivirus world.
It takes time though for this type of software to reach maturity and the needed popularity within communities to really stand up against the moguls of the industry. Anvi Smart Defender had a good start and it's only up to the California-based development team to continue its work on improving the detection levels, removal processes and last but least, the impact of the program on system resources.
Anvi Smart Defender description
Here are some key features of "Anvi Smart Defender":
· Anvi Smart Defender detects and stops the latest and most malicious threats attacks. Integrating multiple guards (Privacy Guard, Startup Guard, Process Guard, Behavior Guard, Files Guard), it stops and blocks malware. When you are surfing, shopping, charting, socializing, sharing or banking, overall guards protect your PC from malware efficiently than traditional security software.
Fast &Light Scan:
· Anvi Smart Defender with its smart engine scans and detects latest malware in a fast, light, and effective way. It will not interfere with your working when it is scanning, just let it run slightly on background.
Innovative Cloud Computing Technology:
· Anvi Smart Defender adopts creative cloud computing technology to give your PC more protection. Upload the suspicious file with a smart way, you can get the cloud security report and discover the newest threats at the first time.
Adds PC Care:
· Besides protecting your PC from malware, Anvi Smart Defender optimizes your computer in several aspects (System Optimize, Registry Fix, Privacy Cleaner, Memory Sweep, and Disk Defragment).
· 300 MHz processor or faster processor
· 256 MB of RAM
· 30 MB of free hard disk space
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New feature added in the Quarantine to delete or restore the selected item with right-clicking.
· Fix several bugs.
· Fix false positives.
· Pop-up message about virus definition update removed from the program.
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Anvi Smart Defender 1.8 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |