Tell us about an update
| User Rating:
Softpedia Editor's Review for Ashampoo Anti-Malware [GIVEAWAY]
Antivirus and anti-malware application suite that features a real-time protection module, task scheduler, and additional security tools
Written by Elena Opris on September 3rd, 2013
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Ashampoo Anti-Malware [GIVEAWAY]
Ashampoo Anti-Malware is an application suite that protects your computer from viruses, trojans, worms, malware, bots, adware, spyware and rootkits. It features a real-time protection module and task scheduler.
Once installed, the program creates an icon in the system tray, where you can disable the guard from automatically running at system startup, real-time protection, and the on-access scanner, along with the monitoring of autostart entries, WinSOCK LSPs and Internet Explorer BHOs installation, and changes to the Windows Hosts file.
The primary window is divided into multiple panels dedicated to an overview on the entire system system areas, user-defined areas, rookits protection, signature and program updates, scanner, quarantine, logs, scheduler, additional security tools, and options.
You can perform a full-system scan (including all hard drives), or verify only system areas, loaded applications, the registry database, browser cookies, individual folders or hard drives, or all hard drives. The custom scanner may include loaded applications, the registry database, and web browser cookies.
It is possible to create a white list, send infected items to the quarantine or remove them, view log details, schedule multiple tasks (one-time, recurring), use only the anti-spyware or anti-virus engine, set a custom list of file formats, use proxies, and change the interface language.
Additional tools of Ashampoo Anti-Malware contain a file wiper, Hosts file checker, startup tuner, rootkit detector, web browser cleaner, ADS scanner, process manager, and LSP viewer.
The application suite uses high CPU and RAM to work properly. We have noticed that other applications decreased in reaction speed while Ashampoo Anti-Malware was running in our tests. Unfortunately, the utility is pretty high-demanding when it comes to system resources. Plus, it takes a long time to finish a scan job. Other than that, Ashampoo Anti-Malware is a full-featured antivirus and anti-malware solution for all users.
Ashampoo Anti-Malware [GIVEAWAY] description
Here are some key features of "Ashampoo Anti-Malware [GIVEAWAY]":
- Two integrated engines of renowned software producers offer advanced protection from: viruses, trojans, worms, malware, rootkits, bots, spyware and adware
- During file execution and file copying, the onAccess guard offers maximum protection against all kind of threats before they can affect the entire system
- Heuristic analysis designed to detect unknown threats
- Protection against more than 3.000.000 potential threats from the web
- Rootkit Detector 2: Improved protection against invisible threats
- Real-time protection enables for considerably safer execution on driver level and takes care of the following Windows areas:
- BHO (Browser Helper Objects): Detects and blocks unwanted BHO installations (+disables them permanently if desired)
- Winsock-LSP (Layered Service Provider): Detects and blocks unwanted LSP installations (+disables them permanently if desired)
- Windows HOSTS file (anti pharming): Gives warning of Windows HOSTS file entries
- Autostart entries: Detects and blocks unwanted autostart entries (+disables them permanently if desired)
- ActiveX installations: Detects and blocks unapproved ActiveX installations
- “Live” logging: Displays all monitored objects of the real-time protection in a clearly arranged manner
- Improved Windows 7 compatible tools based on eleven years of experience in the field of utilities and our price winning Ashampoo WinOptimizer series:
- File Wiper: Completely eliminates all traces of sensitive files from your hard drive
- Internet Cleaner: Clear browser cache, cookies and internet history
- Hostsfile Checker: Reports suspicious entries (redirected DNS entries) in hosts file and blocks them on demand
- ADS Scanner: Search for invisible streams on NTFS volumes and erase them
- Start-up Tuner: Shut down inconvenient autostart entries at once
- Process Manager: Lists all active processes giving corresponding information and enables termination of suspicious processes
- Rootkit Detector 2: Searches the OS for hidden rootkits and removes them in an instance
- LSP Viewer: Administrate all installed Winsock layer that can influence network activity
- Multi user support: No administrator rights necessary to run the program, personal settings can be adjusted and stored for every single user
- Whitelist: With the help of whitelist definitions, folders or files can be excluded from the search in order to prevent false alarms or speed up the scan process, if reassured that those folders/files are not infected (e.g. video folders)
- Self protection: Encryption algorithms secure the program’s safety mechanisms and the whitelist from external threats
- Scan administration: Integrated scheduler for automated scan process management
- User-defined scans: Create automated scan jobs
- 105 MB for the program files plus some additional space for backup files (minimal).
- Improved drivers (up to 50% less memory consumption)
- Improved pop-up menu (up to 66% less memory consumption)
- Slightly improved background guard performance
- Added updated signature files
- Fixed several minor problems