Softpedia Editor's Review for ESET NOD32 Antivirus [DISCOUNT: 20% OFF!]
The world's fastest and most effective proactive antivirus and antispyware protection
Written by Bogdan Popa on April 4th, 2013
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for ESET NOD32 Antivirus [DISCOUNT: 20% OFF!]
Softpedia in association with Eset offers you a special discount: Now, only from Softpedia, you can buy ESET NOD32 Antivirus with a 20% discount. Take advantage of this opportunity and press the Buy Now button and use the TAX2013 coupon. Get it now, while it's hot!
ESET NOD32 Antivirus is an advanced antivirus solution that provides effective protection against viruses and spyware, while leaving a minimal footprint on computer resources.
One of the top features bundled into ESET NOD32 is a smart defense system that manages to protect the computer without bothering you with pop-ups or prompts. Another notable characteristic of this antivirus is the ''Self Defense'' that blocks attempts from malicious applications to disable its features.
NOD32 has a clean and easy to use interface, despite the heap of settings hidden under the hood. The two scanning modes, ''Smart'' and ''Custom'' enable you to quickly check the entire disk or some selected areas like removable media, network or local drives.
When active, the built-in host-based intrusion protection system (HIPS) continuously analyzes the activity on your computer raises the flag when suspicious actions are detected.
ESET's software solution has been specifically designed to work with the most popular email clients on the market, such as Mozilla Thunderbird, Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express. NOD32 relies on its ThreatSense scanning engine, which uses both generic signatures as well as heuristics, to protect your system against all sorts of threats.
The scanning process is quite fast and doesn't put a lot of stress on the system resources. Customization options available are rather numerous; however, the default settings are well balanced to keep a computer out of harm's way.
In case you want to add a personal touch to the system protection or interface settings, you can take a close look in the ''Advanced Setup'' and tinker with the plethora of choices available. If you need more details about a feature, the help section provides all the information.
NOD32 includes a password protection system to make sure unauthorized users can't disable, modify or uninstall it. Also, a couple of system tools, namely ''ESET SysInspector'' and ''ESET SysRescue'', allow a glance deeper into the system as well as create rescue disks.
Among the best things about NOD32 is its engine, which, coupled with some ''smart'' features, provides a safe environment requiring only a small portion of system resources. Very good online and offline protection and wide range of customization possibilities make from ESET's antivirus a notable solution, especially for home users.
ESET NOD32 Antivirus [DISCOUNT: 20% OFF!] description
Here are some key features of "ESET NOD32 Antivirus [DISCOUNT: 20% OFF!]":
· Threats don't always enter your network in ways you expect. ESET NOD32 Antivirus inspects SSL-encrypted communication channels like HTTPS and POP3S and intelligently scans compressed files to find hidden threats other products miss. Proactive protection begins at the earliest point in system startup to ensure your computer is always secure.
Clean and Safe Email:
· Email scanning for Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail, and other POP3/IMAP mail clients, ensuring your email is free of viruses and other threats.
Removable Media Security:
· Threats can enter your PC from removable media such as USB thumb drives. For self-running media, ESET NOD32 Antivirus scans autorun.inf and associated files when the medium is inserted, in addition to scanning any file on any removable device when it is accessed, or during a full-scan of the media. Power users can adjust ESET NOD32 Antivirus to perform additional levels of scanning on removable media.
· ESET SysInspector and ESET SysRescue simplify diagnosing and cleaning of infected systems by allowing deep scans of system processes to find hidden threats, and creating bootable rescue CD/DVD or USB drives to help you repair an infected computer.
· ESET NOD32 Antivirus has built-in technology to prevent malicious software from corrupting or disabling it, so you can rest assured your system is always protected.
Many Usability Improvements:
· Energy-sipping battery mode extends laptop battery life without compromising security
· Advanced Protection Status screen informs you of threat detections
· Information pop-ups are hidden when running full screen applications like games, video players or presentations
· Password protection prevents ESET NOD32 Antivirus from being uninstalled by strangers
· New interface and keyboard shortcuts simplify use for visually impaired users
· Microsoft Windows XP:
· 400 MHz 32-bit (x86)/ 64-bit (x64)
· 128MB RAM of system memory
· 320 MB available space
· Super VGA (800 x 600)
· Microsoft Windows 8, 7, Vista, Home Server:
· 1 GHz 32-bit (x86)/ 64-bit (x64)
· 512MB RAM of system memory
· 320 MB available space
· Super VGA (800 x 600)
· The trial version is for non-commercial, trial purposes, only
· The trial period is limited to a 30-day period. After expiration of the trial period, NOD32 has to be uninstalled or purchased
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix: Resolved issue with activation in specific countries
· Fix: Resolved issue with product icons in virtual machines