Panda Free Antivirus 15.0.1
Speedy installation with third-party offers
The setup procedure takes little time to finish. However, users should be careful when going through the wizard stages, as Panda Free Antivirus offers to download and install third-party utilities that it does not actually need to work properly. By paying a little attention, they can be avoided. In addition, it automatically creates an entry into the Windows Explorer right-click menu, although this is not mentioned anywhere in the setup.
Metro UI look and powerful security measures
Faithful to the Metro UI appearance, the interface contains large colorful buttons in the main window which can be re-arranged, just like sorting app tiles in the Windows 8 Start Screen.
Statistics show the total files scanned and quarantined, along with blocked threats. Users may access the scanning module, monitor active processes for suspicious activity, deflect USB-based virus attacks, as well as create an emergency boot USB drive in case Windows refuses to start.
Various scanning modes and customization
Panda Free Antivirus can perform a full checkup on the computer for malware agents, verify only popular hiding areas in critical scan mode, look only into specific directories and drives, as well as quickly scan selected files, folders and drives via the Windows Explorer context menu.
Novices may apply the default configuration with optimized settings when performing scan jobs, while advanced users have the possibility of tinkering with this arrangement when it comes to compressed files, behavioral blocking, automatic virus neutralization, alerts, exclusions, and so on. The real-time guard can be deactivated at any time, while scans can be scheduled to run automatically.
Performance and conclusion
Our most recent tests have revealed that Panda Free Antivirus does an excellent job when it comes to identifying infected files while remaining light on system resources. However, it may take a very long time to get rid of them, depending on their volume. The way we see it is that regular users who do not usually explore the depths of the Internet will most likely be satisfied with Panda Free Antivirus, but the adventurers will probably turn their heads to something more reliable.
Reviewed by Elena Opris on September 9th, 2014
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
- Entirely new look and feel. More modern, more intuitive. Easier than ever before.
- Scheduled scans. One of the most demanded features from our Community. And now it’s available in the FREE & Pro versions!
- Rescue Kit. Extremely useful in emergency situations caused by malware infections.
- Automatic USB vaccination. This feature, which was only available to Pro users in previous versions, is now available for free!
Application descriptionPanda Free Antivirus provides the easiest-to-use and most intuitive protection for your computer. Install it and forge...
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
- Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function