HTML Executable is a powerfull and easy to use program that can create educational applications by compiling local website files.
You can select between three "classes" of ebooks to create: Self-Extracting, featuring a built-in stand-alone HTML Viewer or with the same engine as Internet Explorer.
HTML Executable is mostly wizard-driven: its intuitive interface lets both inexperienced and advanced users get the most of their first ever executable website. Full context-sensitive help, samples and forum are available.
Here are some key features of "HTML Executable":
· Apply skins to the user interface (real skin support for ebooks), more than 150 skins + a free skin editor available.
· Configure the user interface: toolbar with alpha-blended images, menus, status bar, printer.
· Use scripting to control ebook behaviors and respond to user events.
· Make portable ebooks running on USB disks.
· Protect pages using profiles to make trial ebooks and restrict user rights (no context menu...).
· Add password or registration key systems for ebook sales.
· Use remote activation/deactivation to control uses.
· Display splash screens or messages.
· Add table of contents (TOC), search engine and favorite manager options.
· Change icon and version information of the .exe file; digitally code sign it.
· Create ebooks in kiosk mode or with dynamic effects.
· Modify the about box and other dialogs to display your own logo and trademarks. No self-advertisement.
· Create amazing full-featured digital information products like ebooks, presentations, CD autoruns, help documentation, demonstrations, tutorials, brochures or educational material, website archives.
· Intel Pentium II (Recommended: Intel Pentium III/800 MHz or higher) or compatible.
· 256 MB RAM (512 MB RAM recommended)
· 35 MB free disk space
· The applications will show a random nag screen and will expire one week after their last build.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved support for Enky SL dongles and dongle compatibility with our Excel protection tool XLS Padlock.
· PDF viewer engine updated: some minor problems fixed and graphics are rendered in higher quality mode.
· HTML Viewer engine updated.
· Fixed: disabling F5 refresh in IE publications disabled the "t" keystroke in form fields too.
· Fixed "compression error" message when loading a corrupted state file.
· URLs that begin with "http://heserver" are no more displayed in the main window's title bar.
· Minor changes.