The KindleGen application was developed to be a command line tool used to build eBooks that can be sold through Amazon's Kindle platform.
This tool is best for publishers and individuals who are familiar with HTML and want to convert their HTML, XHTML, XML (OPF/IDPF format), or ePub source into a Kindle Book.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for converting XMDF file format has been added. Refer Kindle Publishing Guidelines for more info
· Support for epub3 toc nav element has been added. This is equivalent to the navMap element in the NCX (also known as NCX toc). Epub3 toc nav element is preferred over NCX navMap element, if both are given. But if the Nav HTML is not specified according to the specification, we will try to fall back to NCX if one exists. If we cannot fallback to NCX, then we would error out. Refer here for more info about EPUB3 toc nav specification
· Support for epub3 landmarks nav element has been added. This is equivalent to the OPF guide element. Epub3 landmarks nav element is preferred over OPF guide element, if both are given. Refer here for more info about EPUB3 landmarks nav specification
· Support for specifying the following metadatas in epub3 format
· Specifying cover image using properties attribute in manifest
· Specifying book level layout with “rendition:layout” property
· Specifying boo...