Inno Setup Compiler 5.5.5
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in Inno Setup Compiler 5.5.5:
- /LOG: Now logs INI entries. Also improved logging of icon entries.
- Added new [Setup] section directive: Output, which defaults to yes. If set to no the Setup Compiler will only check the script for errors and skip creating setup files.
- Added official Scottish Gaelic and Turkish translations.
- Fix: [Setup] section directive UsePreviousLanguage was not working when Setup was running in 64-bit mode.
malware send us
- LICENSE TYPE:
- FILE SIZE:
- 1.9 MB
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- Jordan Russell
- USER RATING:
- C: \ Authoring tools \ Setup creators
PART OF: Make EXE download hub ( + 8 others )see alternatives
The whole installer generating process can be carried out using a simple wizard, so Inno Setup Compiler will assist you all the time.
You are first prompted to choose the application name and version, as well as the publisher and the application website. Just fill in the information and press Next.
Afterwards, you have to choose the application destination base folder which can be either Program Files or any other custom folder you wish to choose. Again, you must write down the folder name and choose whether to give the user the permission to change the application folder or not.
Next you're required to provide the path to your app's main executable file and create a list with all the other files. The next steps come with a few other settings to customize the installer, such as the option to create a desktop or a Quick Launch icon, as well as with the language selection.
And that's basically it. Sure, it will take some time before you will be ready to build your own installer, but if you pay close attention to every single step, everything should go pretty smoothly.
All in all, Inno Setup Compiler is one of the best setup builders out there. Creating scripts using the wizard is a task so simple that it can be carried out by less experienced users while more advanced features await the power users.
Inno Setup Compiler was reviewed by Bogdan Popa, last updated on July 9th, 2014
Runs on: Windows 2K / XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 2003 / 2008