Softpedia Editor's Review for 1CLICK DVD Converter
Convert DVD movies and episodes quickly and easily to video files
Written by Elena Opris on November 26th, 2012
1CLICK DVD Converter is an application designed to help you easily rip DVD movies and prepare them for specific devices, such as iPod, iPhone, Zune and PSP (MP4). It can be easily handled, even by less experienced individuals.
The interface of the tool is based on a small window that resembles a CD. 1CLICK DVD Converter automatically detects the DVD drives and loads the first movie from the list. But you can select a different one in the "Options" area.
So, you can preview the DVD clip in a small window where you can use a slider to navigate back and forth. Once the output directory and filename are established, you can proceed with the conversion procedure with the default settings. Experienced users can change the video quality, resolution and zoom level.
The DVD video ripping tool uses a moderate amount of system memory and CPU, in order to finish a task in reasonable time. It is very responsive, comes with a help file and manages to deliver videos with a good image and sound quality. We have not encountered any problems throughout our testing; 1CLICK DVD Converter did not freeze, crash or display error dialogs.
On the other hand, you cannot configure additional video settings (e.g. frame rate) and audio options (e.g. channel mode, sample rate), as well as select the audio track and subtitle language. Plus, 1CLICK DVD Converter cannot be set to turn off the computer automatically when all tasks are done.
1CLICK DVD Converter description
Here are some key features of "1CLICK DVD Converter":
· CPRx technology for converting newer DVD movies.
· Supports many popular video players such as iPod, PSP and Archos.
· Automatically selects the movie and adjusts the settings for best results.
· Automatically converts episodes to a single file per episode.
· Blazing fast encoding - 3X faster than other types of encoders.
· Supports zoom for wide-screen to full-screen conversion.
· Video preview shows you exactly what the video will look like.
· Quality slider makes quality and file size adjustments easy.
· Supports both NTSC and PAL DVD movies.
· Convert DVDs movies to DivX compatible video files.
· Supports subtitle language selection.
· Free software updates for a year.
· Free technical support.
· 500 MHz Intel Pentium III process or equivalent with 256MB of RAM
· A DVD reader
· One or more of the following mobile video devices: Apple iPod Classic, iPod Nano, iPod Touch, Apple iPhone, Apple TV, Archos 705/704/605/605/504/405/404, Creative Labs Zen Vision (Widescreen) or (M), Microsoft Zune (MPEG-4), Sony PSP, or DivX/MPEG-4 compa
· 10 days or 3 encodings trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· CPRx updated (version 1096) for new movies.