BDtoAVCHD is a software to create AVCHD discs from Blu-Ray or HD MKV files. As output we get the folder structure ready to burn to a DVD5 or DVD9. The software compresses the video to achieve the desired overall size of 4.7 GB with the highest possible quality.
The AVCHD format allows you to play the same type of content that a Blu-Ray and holding high definition (1080p) but on DVD5 or DVD9 media. Ideal for backing Blu-Ray with smaller size and maintaining high quality.
The software is created with the idea that is very simple and quick to use and obtain the best possible quality in a DVD5, so unnecessary conversions are avoided whenever possible.
You do not need any codec installed as avisynth, ffdshow or Haali media splitter and records obtained are compatible with almost any Blu-ray player or PS3. Get BDtoAVCHD and take it for a spin to see what it can actually do for you!
Here are some key features of "BDtoAVCHD":
· Finds the main .m2ts file for the movie by just selecting the BDMV folder or Blu-Ray root
· Extract all information from the audio tracks, video and subtitles: length, language, format, etc.
· Extract chapter information or allows to add it.
· Select default audio track based on the most appropriate language preferences and criteria for the best quality but can also be set manually.
· Calculates the video bitrate to fill the DVD5 / DVD9 (most of the times gets between 99-100% of total capacity).
· Converts audio (only if necessary): PCM to AC3, DTS-HD MA to DTS Core, DTS to AC3, etc.
· Detect delays in the original audio tracks and transfers them to the final work.
· Re-compress the video using x264 64-bit if your computer supports.
· Do not use external codecs like avisynth or ffdshow or Haali splitter in the process of video conversion.
· Allows you to select a forced subtitle track is selected by default when playing the disc.
· Allows you to program multiple conversions in the queue and execute them one after another automatically.
· Multitasking: you can gradually add new jobs in queue while others are processed.
· Various output sizes: DVD5 / DVD9 / USB 4GB / BD-25 and Custom.
· Ability to create a BD-25 without re-compressing video (BDRemux).
· 3D ready: from Blu-Ray 3D (MVC) we can get a 3D SBS AVCHD or MKV (side-by-side).
· Java Runtime
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· x264 updated to revision r2309.
· Improved bitrate calculation in some specific cases (prevents undersize)
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Displays ad banners or other types of advertising material during its runtime