Softpedia Editor's Review for DVD-Cloner
An all-in-one DVD copying / converting software
Written by Elena Opris on February 25th, 2013
As the name suggests, DVD-Cloner is a program which allows you to create copies for your DVD movies, in case they get lost or damaged. It has been designed while keeping both the fist-time and experienced user in mind.
The interface of the application is stylish and easy to work with. DVD-Cloner provides two modes for beginners and power users - express and expert layout mode.
So, you can select a DVD drive, folder or mounted image to copy, and choose the target between DVD-5, DVD-9 or BD clip. It is possible to combine multiple DVD movies and copy them to a location.
Skilled users are free to tinker with some advanced settings in regard to the temporary directory, DVD-5 disc size, screen ratio, special features saving rate, reading and burning speed, DVD writing method, and number of copies.
But you can also make the app verify the data, eject the disc, power off the computer or to delete the temporary files when the burning session is done, and to automatically erase rewritable DVD discs when burning them. Plus, you can enable 'Smart Analyser' before reading the disc to figure out its real contents, add a menu in the customized copy mode, and delete advertising or legal clips from the movie. All settings can be restored to their default values.
The video processing program takes a reasonable amount of time to finish a task while using a moderate quantity of CPU and system memory. It includes a help file and worked smoothly during our evaluation, without freezing, crashing or popping up errors. All in all, DVD-Cloner packs some interesting features for DVD backups and they can be figured briefly.
Here are some key features of "DVD-Cloner":
Perfect 1:1 DVD copy:
· Removes all known DVD protections such as Macrovision, AACS, CPPM, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs and RipGuard for you to bring the cinema home.
· Makes DVD copy block by block, whether data DVDs or music DVDs.
· Select audio tracks and subtitles of different languages to copy.
· Copies only the main movie from a DVD movie to a DVD-5, omitting the menus and special features.
· Combines up to 6 DVDs to one BD-R/RE to save your DVD discs.
· Select multiple chapters of a DVD movie to copy and preview the movie contents with the built-in player.
· Supports for reading the movies of DVD format from the hard disk under the "Combine multiple DVDs to one DVD±R DL or BD-R/RE" copy mode.
· Makes multiple DVD copies without having to repeat the entire process again.
· Makes copies of your DVD backup copies without using your valuable original DVD discs.
· Copies 3D DVD movies.
· Under the customized DVD copy mode, you can select to copy your desired chapters to a DVD-5 or DVD-9 disc.
· Copies latest Blu-ray movies
· Supports for multi-core CPUs and makes the DVD copy much faster.
· Supports all dual-layer/single-layer/Blu-ray discs and burners.
· Pentium-II 450 MHz
· 64MB of RAM
· 5GB free hard disk space for DVD-5 (10GB free hard disk space for DVD-9)
· DVD burners
· For Blu-ray copying: NTFS partition, A Blu-ray disc drive, A Blu-ray media player, 50GB or more free disk space
· You can only make one full copy
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· DVD discs with region codes can be backed up more easily
· Newly-released DVD movies are supported