Softpedia Editor's Review for DVD Cloner
The powerful functions and fire-new interface make DVD copy fast and easy
Written by Elena Opris on June 22nd, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for DVD Cloner
DVD Cloner has gained prestige in the DVD software category with its versatile engine that allows you to copy, decrypt and burn DVD data. This application is renowned for its ability to remove copy protections and to deliver high quality at very good speed.
DVD Cloner bundles a rich set of features, the most important of which materialize in the possibility to copy DVD-5 to DVD-5, DVD-9 to DVD-9, to combine multiple movies to BD-R/RE, to copy chapters individually and to remove advertising from the source files. Users can also split a DVD-9 to two DVD-5 discs.
DVD Cloner features two different modes: Expert and Express. The former was built with one purpose in mind: DVD copying, while the latter provides various possibilities (copying movies to hard drives or from the hard drive to a DVD disc, combining multiple movies, etc).
The Advanced Setup section allows you to select the temporary directory and allows you to check or uncheck options such as: delete temp files when the copy finishes, enable alert sound, and display wizard titles on the expert interface. In addition, you can set the disc size of the DVD, screen ratio and saving rate.
Smart Analyser is a feature designed to verify the final result of the DVD, but it can be disabled if you don’t fancy it. Reading speed can be either set to high, medium or low, and several options for the burning speed, as well as DVD writing method are available.
What sets DVD Cloner apart from other software in its category is definitely the processing speed. It spends way less time on tasks without taking a toll on the output quality. It can and should be trusted with your most precious DVDs.
DVD Cloner description
Here are some key features of "DVD Cloner":
Perfect 1:1 DVD Copy:
· DVD-Cloner 8 plays a leading role in powerful functions and extremely high copying speed compared with other DVD copy software.
· Copies DVD to DVD completely, such as copying DVD-5 to DVD-5, DVD-9 to DVD-9.
· Removes all known protections, such as CSS, Sony ARCCOS, Region protections and so on.
· Supports for data DVD and movie DVD copy.
· Burns ISO file or DVD folder on hard disk to various kinds of blank DVD discs, such as DVD±R/RW and DVD±R DL.
· Two user-oriented interfaces: Express interface usually for the novice to make DVD copy with only one click, and Expert interface for the advanced users to make various customized copies.
· Combines two DVD movies to one DVD±R DL.
· Combines multiple DVDs to one BD-R/RE.
· Automatically removes the annoying contents such as legal and advertising clips.
· Keeps menus when splitting a DVD-9 to two DVD-5 discs.
· Movie only copy allows you to copy only the main movie and omit the unwanted extras.
· Compresses one DVD-9 movie to DVD-5 with incomparable image quality.
· Automatically erases your rewritable DVD disc data for rewriting new DVD movies.
· Copies discs continuously no matter how many discs you want
· Supports the backup of home DVDs/TV series/TV shows
· Copies DVD to DVD folder or ISO file.
· Supports DVD-9 to DVD-5 copy
· Sets the DVD-5 disc size
IAT - Copy the up-to-date DVD movies:
· The inventive IAT technology(Intelligent Analyzing Technology) gives you the freedom to copy latest DVD movies.
· Compared with the ERT technology, the IAT takes more advanced reading and analyzing technology, which allows copying latest DVD movies at much higher speed through optimized codes.
Backs up latest Blu-ray movies:
· DVD-Cloner 8 allows you to copy Blu-ray and HD-DVD movies to your hard drive with a third party plug-in, such as Blu-ray/HD DVD Copy Helper. The copied movies can be enjoyed on Cyberlink PowerDVD or WinDVD for your convenience.
· Automatically selects the source movie and target burner after it is put into the drive.
· Changes the default audio track and subtitle.
· Copies a certain range of chapters
· Verifies data after the backup completes.
· Copies the scratched DVD discs
· Impressive speed at high reduction rate
· Defines the name of the disc volume
· Supports most DVD burners such as Samsung, Pioneer, LG, Sony, BenQ and so on.
· Supports many popular languages such as English, French, Spanish, Italian and Chinese.
· Authenticates DVD region code when DVD-Cloner 8 starts
· Free software upgrade service within one year.
· Free available all-around support at any time.
· Pentium-II 450 MHz or faster processor
· 64MB of RAM
· 5GB free hard disc space for DVD-5 (10GB free hard disc space for DVD-9)
· DVD burners
· NTFS partition
· A Blu-Ray or HD DVD disk drive
· A Blu-Ray or HD DVD media player (like PowerDVD,WinDVD)
· 50GB or more free disk space for Blu-Ray copying.
· 30GB or more free disk space for HDDVD copying.
· The unregistered version allows you to copy only one DVD
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Enhanced the function of formatting DVD±RW discs
· Supports latest DVD/Blu-ray movies