Softpedia Editor's Review for Pavtube DVD Ripper
Enjoy DVD movies freely on PC and portable media players.
Written by Elena Opris on August 16th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Pavtube DVD Ripper
Pavtube DVD Ripper is an application that enables you to convert DVDs to media files of various extensions, including MOV, AVI, FLV, MP4 and MP3. The tool can be easily used by individuals of any experience level.
The interface of the program is clean and pretty intuitive. You can access a DVD via the file browser, treeview or "drag and drop" method.
In the list you can check out the name, duration, trimmed length and destination of the DVD and its chapters. So, once you establish the output destination and file type, you can proceed with the encoding job.
Furthermore, you can change audio and video properties when it comes to the codec, size, bit rate, frame rate, sample frequency rate and channel mode. Plus, you can create a new output profile or restore settings to default.
Moreover, you can preview clips in a built-in media player and take snapshots, select individual DVD chapters for processing, choose the subtitle track, audio language and angle, trim, crop and merge clips, add watermarks, apply image effects (e.g. brightness, grayscale), replace the audio stream, and more.
During conversion you can view a progress bar on the current and all tasks, elapsed and remaining time, along with generated and estimated size, as well as look into a log file, pause all tasks and enable Pavtube DVD Ripper to automatically turn off the computer after conversion.
The media processing program takes up a massive amount of system resources, has a good response time, supports multiple languages and several keyboard shortcuts, delivers a fair image and sound quality and didn't freeze, crash or pop up errors during our tests. Also, you can look into a comprehensive help file online. On the other hand, Pavtube DVD Ripper can take a long time to complete a task. Even so, we strongly recommend this tool to all users.
Pavtube DVD Ripper description
Here are some key features of "Pavtube DVD Ripper":
· Copies DVD to VIDEO_TS folder or .vob clips without compression
· Rips DVD from disc, folder, and ISO image file
· Converts DVD to AVI, MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV, TS, MPG and more other video format
· Compress DVD videos to fit for popular media players
· Extracts MP3/AAC/AC3 audio from DVD movies
· Keeps audio and subtitles stream in desired language Accelerates conversion speed with an NVIDIA’s CUDA tech when a required Graphics Card is available
· Converts DVD to HD and SD videos with perfect a/v sync Exports up to Dolby Digital 5.1/AAC 5.1 audio
· Edits DVD clips freely (trim, merge, crop, watermark, audio replace, de-interlace, flip, denoise, thumbnail, auto-shutdown)
· 64 MB RAM at least
· DirectX version 9.0 or above
· Intel Pentium Ⅲ processor at 500 MHz
· 512MB or above of hard disc space
· Nag screen
· Watermark on the output videos