Softpedia Editor's Review for Active@ ISO Burner
A tool developed to help you burn ISO image to CD/DVD
Written by Bogdan Popa on July 25th, 2012
Usually burning ISO images can be done using the same software that created the compilations, but sometimes that program may not be available, especially if the data image files are moved to another PC.
A solution that doesn't involve re-installing the authoring utility that generated the file would be to go for one of the simpler disc writing apps like Active@ ISO Burner.
This tool is probably one of the easiest ways of burning ISO images on CDs and DVDs, as the whole procedure can be carried out in minutes from a simple and clean interface. Thanks to its simple approach, Active@ ISO Burner addresses beginners and professional users alike.
The application can work with CD-R, DVD-R, DVD+R, CD-RW, DVD-RW, DVD+RW and even Blu-ray discs which means it can burn ISO images on almost any support currently in existence.
There are multiple burning modes available, Track-At-One, Session-At-Once, Disc-At-Once PQ and Disc-At-Once raw P-W, but also dedicated options to choose the burning speed and the number of copies to be made.
When all the configurations are complete, usually after a minute or two, all yo have to do is hit the big 'Burn' button and the process of copying ISO images onto the loaded disc will begin.
The 'Settings' menu offers you the possibility to configure the erase method for rewritable discs and also choose some burn as well as after-burn options.
The conclusion is quite simple, Active@ ISO Burner proves to be one of the most efficient methods of burning ISO images on the fly, without wasting too much time with unnecessary or too complex configurations.
Active@ ISO Burner description
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Many more CD/DVD/BD devices supported, as well as fewer burning errors
· Three independent burning transports are supported (SPTI,ASPI,SPTD)
· Works under User’s account (via SPTI on Vista, and SPTD transports)
· Extended device, media, and ISO file information is displayed
· Burning mode (TAO,SAO,DAO) and number of copies to burn can automatically be specified
· Full text log with actions performed, errors and progress information is displayed
· Configuration of after-burn actions supported: Verify, Eject, Shut Down PC
· Test Mode burning is supported