BurnAware Free 7.5
Ad-riddled installation and clear-cut GUI
You are required to go through a relatively quick setup process, yet you should be aware of the fact that it comes packed with some third-party products. However, choosing the custom installation can help you get rid of these with just a click of the button.
You come to meet a pretty clean interface which encompasses, in the main screen, all the features you can take advantage of. Clicking on one is going to bring up a new windows, with a typical design for this type of program.
Create video, audio and data discs
First of all, it is important to keep in mind that this application enables you to create discs with any kind of file type you can think of, while you can also use any kind of disc you can think of with it.
As a result, generating data, MP3 or video discs is a piece of cake, as well as creating audio CDs. The latter supports formats such as AAC, M4A, MP3, OGG, WAV and WMA.
Create images, back up information and verify the integrity of a disc
Creating bootable discs is also possible, as well as making ISO images from local files using an ISO 9660, UDF or Bridge file system, and burning DMG, IMG, NRG, BIN, CUE and ISO file extensions to a CD, DVD or BD.
Backup utilities are present, in the sense that you can copy the contents of a disc to an ISO or BIN file. Last but not least, you can bring up information pertaining to the inserted CD, DVD or Blu-ray (e.g. type, status, used and free space, number of sessions etc.), verify it for errors, erase or format rewritable discs.
Performance and conclusion
CPU and memory usage varies, depending on the process under way, yet you should know it mostly sticks around the lower values. All tasks are completed in a pretty fair amount of time, without popping up errors or hanging, and the interface is accessible to all user categories.
As a conclusion, BurnAware remains a top pick when it comes to burning solutions. The very strong feature pack coupled with a great ease of use can definitely make this utility a good choice for all users.
Reviewed by Madalina Boboc on July 9th, 2014
- last updated on:
- October 9th, 2014, 5:41 GMT
- file size:
- 7.3 MB
- developed by:
- BurnAware Technologies
- license type:
- operating system(s):
- Windows 2K / XP / Vista / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 2003 / 2008 / 2008 R2 / NT
- C: \ CD/DVD Tools \ Data CD/DVD Burning
- download hub:
- CD Burner ( + 1 other )
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
- Added checksum verification to Data, MP3 and DVD-Video compilations.
- Added byte-by-byte verification after burning disc image.
- Improvements to user interface and main menu.
- Improved disc reading, general performance and stability of the program.
Application descriptionBurnAware is the ultimate disc burning software. The BurnAware Free application was designed for users with basic disc...
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
- Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function