Softpedia Editor's Review for Advanced RAR Repair
Advanced RAR Repair is a powerful tool to repair corrupt RAR or SFX archives.
Written by Bogdan Popa on May 15th, 2013
Advanced RAR Repair is a software tool designed to repair corrupt RAR and SFX archives, relying on a minimal configuration process.
The interface is pretty straightforward, so rookies should have absolutely no problem trying to use the app. Everything's very intuitive and it all comes down to picking the RAR or SFX archive to be repaired and setting up the output destination.
Those looking for some extra utilities, Advanced RAR Repair also boasts a repair feature, which means it should be able to fix multiple damaged files at the same time. Of course, drag and drop support is included, so you can either drag files and drop them in the main window or use the dedicated “Add Files” button to open new ones.
The “Options” menu is minimal, allowing you to enable fast scan and recovery, repair solid RAR archives or input the password that protects a damaged archive. The advanced setting screen provides the possibility to specify the internal processing buffer size.
The actual repair process takes just a few minutes, obviously depending on the size of the archive, while the application needs just a reasonable amount of computer resources.
Another feature that's worth mentioning is the Windows Context Menu integration, which means you should be able to repair a damaged archive on the go by right clicking it and selecting the appropriate Advanced RAR Repair entry.
Overall, Advanced RAR Repair is undoubtedly a handy software solution; its speed and efficiency makes it one of the first choices when looking for a way to fix damaged RARs.
Advanced RAR Repair description
Here are some key features of "Advanced RAR Repair":
· Support to repair all versions of RAR and SFX archives
· Support to recover multi-volume and solid archives
· Support to repair RAR and SFX archives on corrupted medias, such as floppy disks, Zip disks, CDROMs, etc
· Support to repair a batch of RAR and SFX archives
· Support to repair RAR archives as large as 16777216 TB (i.e. 17179869184 GB)
· Support integration with Windows Explorer, so you can repair a RAR archive with the context menu of Windows Explorer easily
· Support drag & drop operation
· Support command line parameters
· Demo version will report all the recoverable items in the corrupt RAR or SFX archive, but will not output the fixed archive.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improve the recovery engine
· Support to recover password-encrypted archives
· Support to find and select the RAR and SFX archives to be repaired on the local computer.
· Fix some minor bugs