Softpedia Editor's Review for InnoExtractor
Extract the components of any Inno Setup installer
Written by Elena Opris on April 9th, 2013
InnoExtractor is a small but efficient tool that you can use to extract the internal files of Inno Setup installers. Therefore, you don't have to actually install an application to access its files.
The application can be useful if you don't have administrative privileges to run a setup pack, for example. It does not have a wide range of features available, but InnoExtractor can be easily figured out, even by less skilled users.
The app is wrapped in a user-friendly interface with an intuitive layout. You can load an executable file by using either the file browser or "drag and drop" method; its contents are automatically displayed in the main frame, and you can simply open a file, just like you normally would in Explorer.
These files can be extracted to a user-defined location and format, whether we are talking about a local folder, ZIP archive or SFX module.
Aside from locating a specific file, you can decrypt a password-protected Inno installer or view its properties (total files, size, compiler version, compression method, encryption status), disable the detection of embedded files, switch to a different language for the UI, as well as integrate InnoExtractor into the shell and empty the application cache.
InnoExtractor is low-demanding concerning the CPU and system memory, and it has a good response time. We have not come across any issues throughout our evaluation; the app did not hang, crash or display error notifications. Thanks to its intuitive features, InnoExtractor pleases the entire audience who prefers a straightforward method to extract files from Inno setup packs.
Here are some key features of "InnoExtractor":
· Open installers with "drag and drop" ability from Windows Explorer.
· Explore the internal structure of the installer (file system).
· Extract the files to a local folder or a portable device (including the embedded script, which can be rebuild with Inno Setup Compiler).
· Decompile the CompiledCode.bin file and rebuild the "[Code]" section of the script (for advanced users only).
· Run standalone files of the installer into the program.
· Perform file searches by keyword.
· Password input panel to allows you to extract encrypted installers.
· MRU list for opened installers.
· Miscellaneous options for file list and program.
· Compatible with the latest version of InnoUnp.
· Full unicode support.
· Inno Setup-based installers.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added Dutch interface language.
· Fixed minor bugs.