Retrieving a list of filenames may be a tricky job. Windows doesn't allow you to copy and paste just names of files, it tries to copy the actual file.
Filename Extractor offers an easy way to get a list of filenames in a format that allows you to copy and paste, edit, save, or print the filenames extracted.
Here are some key features of "Filename Extractor":
Browse for files or Drag and Drop:
· You can add filenames to the Filename Extractor by either clicking the Browse button and selecting the filenames you want extracted, or you can simply drag and drop files into the Filename Extractor window.
Include Full Path option:
· If you need the full path of the filename, check the Include Full Path option.
· Sometimes simply getting a list of filenames isn't quite enough - you need to add some sort of text either before or after each filename for some process to work (html photo albums come to mind).
Always on Top Option:
· Click Options -> Always On Top (Ctrl+T) or click the yellow windows icon to toggle the Always On Top state.
Save or Print results:
· You can save the filenames extracted to a txt file or print them for your convenience.