Softpedia Editor's Review for iTools
An efficient and easy-controlled sync and management software for your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch
Written by Mihaela Citea on October 10th, 2012
iTools is a lightweight application designed to help iPad, iPhone, iPod touch users manage their files much easier.
The program supports the latest device versions and as most applications of its type, it needs iTunes to connect to your device. Thus, at the first run, it automatically detects whether you have iTunes installed on your PC on not.
The interface is simple and well-organized, allowing you to browse the local computer library, as well as the device contents. Once your device is connected, you are able to view the media files, photos, iBooks and other documents it contains.
The local library is organized in three sections, one for device applications, the second for media files and the third for other tools. The 'Application' module allows you to add several programs in IPA or PXL format and install them on your device. Furthermore, you can assign customized tags to each application, in order to identify them easier.
The second section is dedicated to the media files that you want to import from your PC, whether it is music, ringtones or wallpapers. In addition to this, iTools features a ringtone maker, allowing you to choose a music file and create your own ringtones with just a few clicks.
You can add as many files as you want and listen to them using the built-in player. The wallpaper section enables you to preview and sort the pictures you add before importing them to your device.
Another advantage of the program is the backup feature. You can use iTools to backup and restore your folders, apps, SMS messages, contacts, call history and system settings.
PXL packages can be converted to the IPA format, as installing a program pack in the latter one is considered safer than in the PXL format.
Managing your iPad, iPhone or iPod contents is easier when you use a program such as iTools. Ease of use, combined with backup and file management features make it a viable solution for transferring files between your device and the PC.
Here are some key features of "iTools":
· iPhone 1,3G,3GS,4,4S iPad 1,2 iPod touch 1,2,3,4
· Supports iOS versions: iOS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
· Works with both Jailbreaked & unJailbreaked devices
· Applications management.Supports install, uninstall, backup, update
Media Files management:
· Supports Music, Video, Ringtone, Podcast, iTunes U, TV Shows Audio books, Music Video & Voice memos
· Imports & exports media files from computer to devices
· Transforms mp3 into m4r when drop mp3 files into Ringtone.
· Transfroms video files into mp4 when drop into Video
· Searchs lyrics & covers from internet.(iOS 5 not support yet)
· Plays mp3 files on the device
· Imports and exports PDFs/Epubs.
Photos and Ablums management:
· Imports and exports.
Manages docking & desktop by mouse:
· Smart classify supports automatic classify icons into folders named by system category.
· Docking & desktop Folders and positions backup and restore.
· Playist file editor
· Cydia & installous
Personal Information Managments (Contacts, Message, Notes, Safari bookmarks, Callhistory):
· Imports & exports into csv/outlook
· Personal inforbackup & restore.
· SSH Tunnel
· Clean up
· System logs
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fully support iTunes 11
· Optimized the apps manager
· Minor Bugs fixed
| ||Softpedia guarantees that iTools 2013 Build 0511 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |