AOL Desktop is an all-in-one application that allows you to browse the internet, manage your AOL email account and chat with your friends on AIM. We focused heavily on improving your browser experience. The end result is faster page loads, relevant search results, and an improved Flash experience.
Check out our fresh, clean Toolbar! We removed all outdated icons, allowing space for a larger search box and one-click access to Lifestream.
With one click you can share any of your favorite web pages via Facebook, Twitter, Lifestream, email and IM. Love an article? Share it instantly!
· Internet Explorer 7 and 8
· 166 MHz Pentium-class processor or higher
· 128MB RAM, 460MB free disk space
· 28.8 Kbps or faster modem, or other Internet connection
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· We've streamlined the installer, giving it a new look, improved messaging, and helpful tips!
· We updated search, providing a super clean experience and convenient auto-complete functionality.
· Browser performance has been improved, making it easier to access your favorite destinations, such as Facebook and Pandora.
· AOL Desktop 9.7 works with the current Beta versions of Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10.
· Outdated links within the Toolbar and Menu have been updated. For example, we have added MyBenefits, a personalized, easy-to-use and one-stop-destination for valued AOL members like you to view, activate and manage all the great benefits that are available to you as part of your AOL membership plan.
· We fixed an issue with Mail where if you have an extremely large inbox, your Mailbox would perform poorly.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Displays ad banners or other types of advertising material during its runtime
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function